It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interweb Trolls, Sheeple, Disinfo Agents and You?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Disinfo-Agent

Disinformation agents are people working for the organized stalking and electronic harassment perpetrators whose job it is to prevent the truth from getting out. It is important that those who have only recently realized they are being targetted understand that slick and seemingly helpful and credible people do exist who are working to prevent our members from ever seeing freedom again.

I'm more than sure they are among us everywhere on the Interwebs. But paranoia seems to run rampant among some, If you suspect there is a Disinfo-Agent about there again like the Troll ignore them. Do your own research and post what you are interested in. Don't let some people or organizations redirect your interests. Also another aspect of this situation is to remember oftentimes those who accuse others of being a Disinfo-Agent are simply those who disagree with another persons view and or stance and simply try to discredit them by that accusation.

Consider the source.

First off, how does one get a job being a dis-info agent anyway? Has anyone ever met one in person? Or perhaps has one as a friend? Does anyone know what the pay is like?

Seriously though- this whole site is full of disinformation. Look around.

I mean really, How much truth are we finding on ATS these days? Not much, from what I've been reading, that's for sure
edit on 26-5-2011 by PhotonEffect because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-5-2011 by PhotonEffect because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

What a fun thread! Thanks, Slayer and company... there have been many wonderful posts here

I try to be useful in my limited posting, limited due to shyness and assuming that if there are already 237 replies my contribution would be redundant... but there have been times when it has really been big fun to participate here.

I have indeed found myself in the dank pit of sheepleoid thought in some areas on occasion I'm afraid, but I've steadfastly sorted such errors out after some careful retrospection, always hoping I can better keep my wits about me in future. As a Fortean it really irks my inner sense of self to fall into that trap. Ack!

I have been subjected to being called a troll elsewhere, where I have seen absurdity ruling the roost and tried my best to shed some light. With backup! Naturally, I was immediately and summarily labeled. Ahhh, well. Ha! Felt... umm... interesting...

Although, I must say, much of the time I might appear somewhat normal, there are in fact times when my pants are elsewhere.

Peace,
Pixel

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Slayer, are you trolling the sheeple, and spreading disinfo again? You...you...agent you.

On a somewhat less jocular note. I remember being a young man, and my dad saying if I wanted to be treated like an adult, I should act like one. Otherwise, he was going to treat me the way I was behaving. Like a kid.

And here we are, a group of (mostly) adults, needing moderators, and a thread to remind us that if we want to be treated as an adult, we should act like one.

I'll try to do better. I really will. Muhahahaha!

S&F Slayer. Another timely thread.

edit on 5/26/2011 by Klassified because: Redacted unnecessary content.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Trust me when I say I've been accused of being everything including but not limited to Troll, Disinfo agent, sheeple. My favorites though are being accused of islamaphobia, Antisemitic, Right-winger, Left-winger etc sometimes all in the same thread and a few times by the same person....

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Every time you point a finger four are pointing back at you.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Who's pointing fingers?
Did I mention any names?

As I stated earlier in the OP this isn't just about ATS it happens everywhere.
Thanks for your contribution.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Count me in as one of those who surf the web and are a free thinker

I am a new breed of person.........a Sthinker!!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
OP is a massive troll.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
some of my best friends have been trolls

2nd line

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Saw the big finger picture. Reminds me of the man is all.

In all honesty, as someone pretty new to this here interweb, I'd actually have to say this thread cleared some stuff up for me.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

You forgot one of the other big ones....

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Hey Slayer..great thread!
We can all use some comic relief, lol
ATS on a really bad day is a damn sight better than Yahoo - that place is Troll Central.
At least here I don't have to keep a fire extinguisher on hand.
As for the pants issue..well..we won't go there, lol

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by realitycheckmate

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
Great thread. You forgot "disinformation artist". Someone who knowingly and deliberately creates and/or manufactures disinformation (or HOAXES) and then peddles it as truth with zero evidence to support the disinformation. Then instead of producing any evidence, they attack you and demand that you prove otherwise.

This describes you exactly. Thanks for telling everyone. It's funny how you "out" ourselves by accident, in a Freudian way.

That my friends. Is a prime example of trolling. Pure and simple. Totally out of the blue, no context, a spurious attack on the character of the original poster for no apparent reason. Misspellings intact and brevity to challenge even the shortest attention span.
Is there anything about that post that even remotely seems like there is a discussion to be had, or that it somehow pertains to the spirit of the thread?
I don't see it.

What was the point of it even IF the poster [realitycheckmate] had some kind of bone to pick (puntended) with [_Bonez_], then at least bring to bear the reason for the attack. If you feel you have a reason to slam that person then you should post it along with the attempted slam. Now no one knows. And it just looks like [realitycheckmate] is trolling. Even if from his/her point of view there is a valid reason, to everyone else, that person is a troll now.

So in my earlier post I said that everyone can end up looking like a troll to someone else at some point. Because if you don't supply the context, then you can't expect people to understand.

I'm not sayin. I'm just sayin.
edit on 26-5-2011 by Butterbone because: missing word.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Good job on the post.
Lets injoy this site as long as we can. TPTB are at the G8 now. I fill the free web is going to be killed soon. Freedom to all as long as its last.
P.S. We need more Pauls in are GOV.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
the poster above me is a disinfo agent for the reptilians

the poster below me is a basement dweller troll

as for the op, he is clearly the sheperd dog for the local herd of sheeple

the ATS owners dont really care about conspiracies, they just happen to own a tinfoil making factory

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Yes, great thread!

After reading through it all, I don't know what I am or what I am not...seems like I could be all of them at times, and none of them other times, and of course it's in the eyes of whoever decides to label who as what!

Good stuff either way.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

The truth is ugly and I don't just mean unattractive and yes it's many of you. If it makes you feel better, you can include me on that list since for now I too am stuck in amongst you but the fact is, the world is exactly as we all deserve and what is coming is just and well earned karma.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Oh that's right!
I nearly forgot. Thanks for reminding me.!!!

Now pay close attention sheeple er uhmm oh never mind

Just Turn it up

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

apparently some body beat me to it.

i was going to say your message might get across better if you got rid of the NSA agent
and your "Dark Slayer"* avatar

and then you go and switch it while i'm flagging and starring

* Have many ATS members switched to the Darkside? by DerepentLEstranger to be posted in Gen. Con.
tomorrow [if i'm feeling better]

still on p2

ta

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Is this third generation Slayer? It looks like you've done some more work on it since the last time I saw it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join