It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interweb Trolls, Sheeple, Disinfo Agents and You?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I will fess up to something.

I have probably started a reply and deleted said reply to more threads on ATS then I have actually replied to.

Each time I deleted said responce it was because a little voice in my head was chirping "if you can't say anything nice"

I have to constantly remind myself that this is a conspiracy forum and that its ok for someone to be "out there" from my point of view.

Its when I ground myself and remember where I am that I can craft a reply that is more in tune with who I really am and try to be constructive and if not constructive at least somewhat humorous!

Lastly I will say I do remember one thread where someone called me a "Disinformation agent", I laughed and felt like I had finally truely arrived on ATS!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
At some point or another, because of point of view, everyone is a troll to someone.
At least that's my opinion.

It's too easy to accuse someone of being a troll when their opinion differs from your own.

Actual trolling is easy to spot and ignore.

It's that fine line between "an example for a differing opinion phrased in a way you don't understand", and actually trying to annoy people with statements that have nothing to do with the topic or discussion, that people need to try to understand more.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Lets face facts.

A stinging retort hurts a lot less than a fist or a bullet.

And probably a lot more productive, or at least hopefully good for a laugh.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deebo
I am like the rest of us. But not "following" the rest, or id also be a sheep lol.

Deebo

As long as you are on the net you will see it happen.
Who knows how many leaks are out there.
Also denials of mono hydrogen being a zero state that
gives off energy from the ether.
Sheelpizing is definitely happening.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by SLAYER69

Sheeple?

The word used to bug the hell outta me round here....now it's a quick way to ID the dopes on ATS. Chemtrailers and FEMA Campers use it like it's a 'kill-shot' argument.

'You're a sheeple' is like a code for 'I'm an idiot who can't back up my posts.'

They might as well wave a white flag

Excellent point hahaha

I love the fact that it IS on here as I use it for filtering purposes. Sheeple, Disinfo, usually agent of ANY kind, that coupled with any thread title that has the words "out to get me", "trying to get me", "already found me", "took me and brought me back"..... immediately raise all the red flags.

At OP, Slayer you and I have had a lot of differences in the past, but this is so spot on, that I had to comment and tell you that I S&F'ed it...... I think I F'ed it a bit more than I S'ed it, but that's not important now... great thread

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

SLAYER69 i think you outlined the apex of the Internet Food Group very well. And i think we've all seen the supporting cast too, holding up the pyramid base as best they can. I'm not sure how they stack up in pecking order; hoping you can help.

Grammar Nazi's - enters thread with nothing to contribute regarding topic or POV, slams on someone for punctuation, usage, etcetera, and leaves. totally oblivious that some people use English as a 2nd or 3rd language, others are dyslexic, or errors made due to passionate speed typing in the throes of debate.

Captain Obvious - when not online they are heard using phrases like "it's not the heat, it's the humidity".

Newspeak Wordmaster - am I the only one who sometimes gets lost reading a post that is so filled with pop online abbreviations and mish-mashed words that I can't figure out what the point is?

Venters - while it's nice they are not kicking the dog, hitting their wife or yelling at the children, they still have to vent. and after the day they had they are furious. Heaven forbid you posted something that pushes the release button, their wrath shall rain down upon you in epic proportions.

Safety First - a cousin of Captain Obvious, bless these well-meaning folk who let us know smoking is detrimental to your health, fast foods are not always the best nutritional choice and drunk drivers are a menace.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Well, I guess I fall under each of those categories and then some. I have been called such things here on ATS plenty of times, simply because I dare to have a differing opinion than the OP... It's quite silly.

People who think anyone who feels differently about a subject must be a troll or a sheep or even a dis-info agent...

Come on, if you think that way, then everyone in the world is a troll, sheep or dis-info agent, because no two people in the world feel the same about everything.... And if you disagree then you are a troll!

The favorite name I have been called here on ATS is when I once dared to disagree with an OP, and they came back ( completely seriously) saying, I must be a robot built by the CIA for the purpose of spreading Dis-info....

Yeah, because that is a perfectly logical explanation for some one having a different opinion... I mean, I couldn't just feel differently then you. I MUST be a CIA robot built to spread dis-info... Nothing troll like or dis-info like about making that kind of accusation, huh?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Helmkat

I know what you mean cause I just had to let some post go and let a better poster
handle the absurdity.

The Curved space topic, sure go around in circles like your argument tapping Einstein.
Thats as bad as people tapping the Tesla name without saying for HAARP or other
tremendous weapon we don't have or can't make cause they would be too dangerous.
When did that ever happen. I just could not ridicule the poster with making fun of his
curved space going nowhere belief.

Here is a good one.
Tesla and teleportation.
The man just did not read Tesla at all but from a fantasy writer.
Tesla defined the ether with his coils and made transportation in a flying machine.
Some mix up.
I had already told the poster to read Tesla and not CIA gibberish.

He wanted to talk to Bill Lyne so let him brush aside such ideas.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Good thread Slayer! I much prefer to be a troll because sheeple taste great! Most of us do succumb to the troll lurking in the psyche
Although these days I much prefer to watch them in action! It's a funny spectator sport troll watching!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Ah thanks Slay.....I nice troll thread...

Here I am in all my glory:

Look at this clip at 1:03 or so, EPIC!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

So which group do you belong to? Disinfo-Agent? Sheeple? Troll? Or are you like the rest of us? People who surf the Interwebs and enjoy a wide variety of topics and discussions, while respecting others valid opposing opinions when they are offered on topic related posts and replies?

Do I really have to point out how out of place the little band wagon you are creating is? Are you like the rest of us? If you're not then you are apparently no good and must be a sheeple or disinfo agent or a troll. You had better walk on eggshells now because I just created a thread to prove that I am the one to be followed here. Get in line and walk like I tell you to.

That's my opinion of what you created here. Please be respecting of it.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Slayer ...
3 times already I politely asked you to take me off your 'mailing list' .
Maybe asking again in one of your threads will get your attention.
Nothing personal, I do enjoy some of your posts but I don't need a reminder everytime you bring something up.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

They dislike "the elite" and "the powers that be", but in calling us sheeple all the time they talk just like them. Great Illustrations, and great point Slayer.

Right, so let's not speak ill of the elite or the powers that be right? Let's just follow the instructions that are laid out in the thread and be normal like you. Right, ok. That's just my opinion or what you've posted of course.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I've been incessantly labelled a "paid disinfo agent", yet for some odd reason the checks never come through. I must be good at it, based on the constant labeling I get, so where's my pay? Frakkin' bureaucratic bean counters!

In all honesty, though, I'm a troll. I troll the trolls. They don't like that very much, and nearly always resort to calling me a paid disinfo agent instead, mislabeling me because they can neither support their own arguments nor refute mine. It must be frustrating for them. You see, an argument that a troll cannot refute, but which flies in the face of their own, must be a well crafted disinfo campaign, musn't it? It CAN'T be truth or fact, it MUST be disinfo!

I like the bridge I live under. It's cozy. Sheeple are safe from me, because I just don't like mutton, but if you're a goat and you try to cross my bridge, all bets are off!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap
Do I really have to point out how out of place the little band wagon you are creating is? Are you like the rest of us? If you're not then you are apparently no good and must be a sheeple or disinfo agent or a troll. You had better walk on eggshells now because I just created a thread to prove that I am the one to be followed here. Get in line and walk like I tell you to.

That's my opinion of what you created here. Please be respecting of it.

Fair enough.

You also left out this part...

I will often star a post/reply even when and if I disagree with the posters views/stance if it is well written or thought out.

So star for your reply...

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
Slayer ...
3 times already I politely asked you to take me off your 'mailing list' .
Maybe asking again in one of your threads will get your attention.
Nothing personal, I do enjoy some of your posts but I don't need a reminder everytime you bring something up.

Consider it done.

I thought you'd appreciate the humor. There is no "mailing list" I invited people who have participated and replied to some of my threads in the past.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

... Or you are a demon possessed Nephelim Reptoid Ananaki demi God about to give the greenlight to the planet Nibiru to begin an all human consuming invasion of earth. With your posts destracting the only people of earth
that share in any possibility to wake the rest of the planet up from their Zombie ass slumber. I'm speaking of we who are ATS

He's on to you, Slayer. I recommend he be marked for the opening of the FEMA Camps, first in during the testing phase, right after Nibiru pulls us out of orbit and flings us on a collision course with Sol. I'll get the boys and girls in the Ministry of Disinfo right on concocting a counter argument for that, but it's gonna be tough, the way he just flung facts right out there like that!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
You are all trolls whether you like it or not.In this day in age the word "troll" has lost all meaning and is now applied to everything that makes someone butt-mad.This misuse of the word is a insult to hard working trolls everywhere and calls for a new word for describing a internet prankster.This site says it better than I ever could>trollmustdie.comAlso, well played OP.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I think some of you had your coffee pee'd in this morning. Instead of making it a point to write a thesus on why you don't want a reminder why not just ask privately, you know he does reply.

Or just don't say nothing at all.

You know I '' trolled'' around here reading people on here for about 2 years before I finally signed up to start calling some people out, and I have arrived.

I actually hold Slayer in high regard compared to some of the other ''clics '' of BS some people follow on here.

Take a vicodin, a shot of makers mark, and smoke a blunt and cool down.

Slayer send me as many threads as your fingers can type brother.
edit on 26-5-2011 by JAGx1981 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-5-2011 by JAGx1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybee
reply to post by DaddyBare

- That's the first good laugh I've had in days. Thanks.
OMG, so you're saying that trolls and disinfo agents don't wear pants.

No, we don't, but that's restricted information. Also, some of us, in addition to setting down our nachos and Bud Lite, have to actually put out out big cigars before we "come over thar" to give folks a talking to. That becomes very problematic, because when we return, and go to light our cigars back up, well, we don't have pants pockets to carry a lighter in, y'know?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join