It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Qaddafi Reportedly Stashes Billions in Western Institutions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi has stashed billions of dollars of Libyan oil revenues with financial institutions on Wall Street and in Europe, according to a document made public Thursday by an international advocacy group. Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, HSBC Holdings and Société Générale are among the major banks that have helped the strongman to invest some of the Libyan sovereign wealth fund’s $53 billion, according to the document, which was published on the Web by Global Witness.

Very interesting, to say the least!

I find it funny that we have pretty much invaded Libya, frozen all personal and outlaying government funds and now it seems that these funds were in our hands to begin with. Qaddafi even had a thing for US government bonds.

The fund also invested billions of dollars in the stocks of well-known companies, including General Electric, Halliburton, BP and Nokia, and held a large portfolio of United States government bonds.

Hallibuton? I'm sure he knows who they are! If not...he will soon. Maybe I am reading into this too much, but I find it curious how he managed to invest so much of Libya's money in US bonds, companies and markets without any backlash from our "principled" leaders of government and industry.

Funny how he is now being over-taken by those he invested in! Anyway, I await your comments and insight.

NY Times

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Well this is ironic...His investors are invading him, sounds just like the CIA drug trafficing but with Oil instead...The rabbit hole just gets deeper and deeper. Good find, star and flag!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by The4thLegacy

Did we expect any different?

No wonder it was so easy to freeze his (Libya's) assests!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

all i ever expect from our goverment is lies, lies, lies....and just when you think they are telling the truth, just lies to cover up more lies. Just wish everyone would open their eyes.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
that rhymed... weird

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by The4thLegacy

Even when their eyes are open, most people have no desire to do anything about it.

That's the bigger conspiracy!

new topics

top topics

join