It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will housing numbers be skewed falsely higher?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Due to so many recent disasters, and homes lost by so many, will housing numbers reflect the "new construction" numbers that indicate real estate recovery. I will be watching the numbers over the next few months. I personally don't think anyone effected by recent floods or tornados should be counted. I guess any excuse to skew the numbers in a positive way for whatever political reason, will be taken advantage of. I have yet to be able to get a total number of homes lost and damaged. There seems to be a new catastrophe every couple of days now.

I guess disaster=economic recovery and jobs?

I'm not a big believer in HAARP, but this made me go hmmm.
edit on 26-5-2011 by Wetpaint72 because: After thought.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wetpaint72

They absolutely will be counted. What won't be discussed is the incredible financial hit to the insurace sector or the amount of "asset-less" foreclosures caused by people who did not have flood insurance walking away from their destroyed homes.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Someone posted in another thread that every house that gets taken back by the bank gets counted as a home sale? I've seen a lot of this at auctions where there is no stated reserve. There are bank shill bidders that buy the properties back in the banks name. Don't know how widespread this practice is but it definitely skews the home sales figures.
edit on 26-5-2011 by Bordon81 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Bordon81

Oh really..I know I should have tought of that, but is slipped my mind. At present, how far behind are the bankruptcy courts. Word here in Florida, is almost two years. It's really difficult to try and get to the bottom of all these numbers. Unemployment, dollar value, etc. All being so manipulated to only show the best light on our fragile, if not failing economy. Tptb have hidden the truth very well.

new topics

top topics

join