It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perfume Made of Human Feces

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I wish this was not true. . . and it is eau de toilette!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0078a3f53f26.jpg[/atsimg]

Words cannot describe how horrible this sounds on so many levels.....

From Fragrantica
Jammie Nicholas Surplus
03/13/11 04:53:22
By: Sanja Pekic

If you thought that you couldn’t be surprised by a new perfume, you certainly did not anticipate the new fragrance by the London-based artist and self-proclaimed perfumer Jammie Nicholas smelling of feces and dirt! The fragrance is named Surplus, perfectly suited to this controversial concept.

"I didn’t want to be like all the other schmucks and translate something from English into French just to sound glamourous", says Jammie for viceland, "Surplus carries the same meaning in both languages, which negates the romantic connotations of the French language."

Perfume of Life: Surplus

In an interview with Viceland.com, Nicholas says he got the idea of producing his special perfume after reading “The History of S@#t”, by Dominique Laporte, which “which analyses the theoretical and social implications of faeces, and its role as a building material for cosmetics. It suggested that pleasant smells were used to cover bad smells, so it could be suggested that a bad smell could be used to cover pleasant smells”. After doing some research and talking to a bunch of perfumers and scientists, he learned there are molecules that are common to both good and bad smells, just in different concentrations. For example, both faeces and white flowers like juniper or orange blossoms are made from the molecule Skatol. He also found out that many food companies use stuff like civet, an emulation of the anal secretions of the civet cat, and ambergis, which mimics a sperm whale’s gallstone.

Oddity Central

Well what can you say to this?
I understand the intent of the artist, being an artist myself, but this is almost as bad as another thread I did a while back.
ATS Link

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

Imagine the crappy job of smelling and testing this ...

a-la-f@rt
edit on 26-5-2011 by Nightfury because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
well i guess if you tell your GF she smells like crap, you wouldnt be lying...

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Market it for plane passengers before they go through TSA/security and you have a best seller.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Wow, that's the S&$T!!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
My dog would love this,twice last week she rolled in human poo,man it was rotten and she was covered in it,proud as punch!

also this kinda raised my eyebrows..

. He also found out that many food companies use stuff like civet, an emulation of the anal secretions of the civet cat.

so along with chemicals,flouride aspartame and a whole host of other crap we gotta worry about now theyre putting cats anal juice in food?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Word on the street, It's the s***. I would be disturbed sitting next to someone wearing it.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I heard Britney was putting out a new stench perfume this week.

This must be it.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Can't wait for the counterfeit Chinese products to hit the market, Hopefully they will be sensible enough to use animal feces.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Isnt this Lady GaGa's newset scent?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Hmmmmm...what should we call it?

Eau de Poo Poo or Chanel #2

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
New from Channel....

Squat #5

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I read that somewhere the other day. Disgusting beyond words. But I suppose if some guy wanted to be a real arse, there would be no better gift that says "I'm dumping you."

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by opal13
Disgusting beyond words.

That's perfume for you.
Disgusting, horrible, cruel stuff.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
History will judge our society by it's art.

This is why I suport defunding the arts.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
This is an act of trollism .
Just like the whole life of Al Gore or Lady Gaga.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Possible other names:

"Brown Diamonds" by Elizabeth Tater

"Poolo" by Ralph LeRuns

"le Air Biscuit"

"LOGerfeld"

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

your "beer" thread even got closed

Le Peu by Pepe
or

Coprophilia by Calvin Klein

the irony is that the Egyptians [allegedly] invented perfume to cover up the stink of rancid animal fat,
the basis of another of their inventions: makeup.

somebody once told me that all perfumes have very small amounts of excrement in them, probably misread a similar article.

join