It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima nuclear plant is leaking like a sieve..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I found this TEPCO probes into possible leak at Fukushima

The operator of Japan's troubled nuclear plant is trying to determine where contaminated water from a waste disposal facility is leaking to, after finding that the water level inside the facility has dropped.

Tokyo Electric Power Company has been removing highly radioactive water from the Fukushima Daiichi plant's crippled reactors to the waste disposal facility within the compound.

The utility suspended the transfer from the No.3 reactor on Thursday and checked the water level in its section of the disposal facility.

Engineers learned that the water level had dropped by 4.8 centimeters over a 20-hour period, meaning some 57 tons of water has been lost.

The utility says it inspected inside the disposal facility and found contaminated water leaking to a passageway leading to another building.

TEPCO attributes the problem to a failure to stop the water leaking before the transfer began.

Thursday, May 26, 2011 19:57 +0900 (JST)

and this

Full article: TEPCO says it continued seawater injection at reactor without interruption

TOKYO (Kyodo) -- Tokyo Electric Power Co. said Thursday it had continued injecting seawater into its No. 1 reactor at its crisis-stricken nuclear plant in Fukushima Prefecture, reversing its earlier story that it had suspended the work after receiving information that the prime minister's office was concerned about it.

The utility, known as TEPCO, said it learned of the move after questioning the head of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant, who told company officials this week that he had gone ahead in continuing seawater injection into the No. 1 reactor despite the firm's decision to suspend the work.

TEPCO fears leaks after level of contaminated water in disposal facility drops

Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO) said on May 26 that it had discovered a drop in the level of contaminated water kept in the basement of a building near troubled nuclear reactors at the Fukushima No. 1 Nuclear Power Plant, but the utility said the possibility was low of the toxic water leaking out of the facility.

edit on 26-5-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadwalkk
Where are you getting this information? Rain doesn't increase the radioactivity of radioactive particles
Right. But if radioactive particles are airborne, rain can pull them out of the sky via rain, and depending on weather patterns, can do so in a concentrated area. It's just as possible to happen in a dispersed area. It depends on the weather pattern, we've seen both happen.

Originally posted by smartbuddy
Huge Outcry Erupting: Gov’t is leaving Fukushima to suffer and perish — Impossible to evacuate Fukushima City, home to 300,000
Is this fearmongering? Because even if water is leaking, it's not getting to Fukushima, look at where Fukushima is on this fallout map:
blog.energy.gov...

I'd also add that while slightly elevated, Fukushima doesn't look like it needs to be evacuated to me unless something has recently changed, they still won't get as much radiation as the people who live in Denver CO.

However, there ARE areas outside the 20km evacuation zone that DO look like they need to be evacuated. I'd say anything above a blue or green is where I wouldn't want to live, so that means yellow, orange, and red areas should be evacuated IMO, but Fukushima is not one of those areas.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Concerning - However, I have many friends there just now, and there all getting on with their lifes.

I fly back to Japan on the 8th of August, I hope it'll be alright by then.. however for some reason, Im not that concerned. I love Japan and always will do.. I would rather be there if things get worse than here knowing all my friends are in danger.

When this first kicked off the amount of media presented that was either false or totally over the top was mad. As per usual though. Then all the people I meet try educate me on the country.. because they heard something no the radio :/

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Ok so your all going to hate me again… But heres the bad news again…

Todays view: Reactor 4 sfp…

It totally just clicked…

There is no way for tepco to refill and constantly drain this pool. It is too damaged to let water simply run out. That being said, This is exactly what tepco is doing, They fill the pool. Wait for it to evaporate, from the fuel. Then refill it.

Tepco is continually releasing the radiation from the fuel purposely…

This is because there is no adequate way to essentially maintain cooling efforts. If they were to over fill it, It likely would collapse. The reactors fuel heats the water, to boiling temp. And once the water is vaporized into radioactive steam tepco refills it.

If they tried suctioning it, it would be highly radioactive water, that they couldn’t process… They couldn’t overfill it continually, because the weight would make the reactors spent fuel pool collapse…

This is a lie. Reactor 4s spent fuel pool is hopelessly about to crash…

Tepco is continually, maintaining the critical fuel… Essentially its their only option… The reactors sfp is going to breach the bottom of the spent fuel containment soon. Very very soon.

This is undeniable...

8, 6,15,6 thats the tons per hour of coolant per reactor. Multiply that by 24hours 35 x 24 = 840 tons of radioactive water... Multiply that by 82 days, that is a grand total of 68,880 tons of water that has atmospherically been turned into radiation... EVACUATE JAPAN.

They never said anything about where the spent fuel pool water went... now ya know...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join