It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Soon to Be the Champions for Illegal Immigration Amnesty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
First, I am happy with the Supreme Court's ruling today upholding the state of Arizona's right to punish businesses that knowingly hire illegal immigrants. The unfettered ability of businesses to do this has resulted in nearly slave-like servitude of a shadow population. It also was the NUMBER ONE driver of illegal immigration -- immigrants knew they could find an employer willing to hire them so they came in droves. (Face it, we market the myth of the American dream so well through our media we should not be surprised when people risk their lives to get here.)

That said, the U.S. Supreme Court ruling that grants states the power to punish, de-license, etc. businesses for knowingly hiring illegal immigrants will result in many on the Right once again showing its true colors are not for red, white and blue, but for green and for corporations. This ruling puts the profits of major corporations down to small, local businesses in jeopardy as it makes the risk too great to hire cheap labor. Businesses will be compelled to hire citizens and legal immigrants, who will not tolerate as much abuse and will demand higher wages. When dollars are in risk in the world of the Right, everything else becomes secondary. Fake platitudes about God and country are quickly discarded as they scramble to protect their pocket books. I predict this will happen, proving the Right's talking points on the immigration issue are all just words to stoke a xenophobic base population, proving their soundbites about patriotism are just propoganda. This will prove that the Right is all about the money, first, last and always. Watch faux patriot groups like American Crossroads twist themselves into a pretzel as they decry this ruling and turn about to support amnesty to protect their fatcat corporate donors.

Watch as the U.S. Chamber of Commerce will be the first out to try to label this a bad law and watch the money pour into the politicians to change immigration law, promote amnesty, etc.

Enjoy the side show as Republicans try to sound genuine in their soon new found support of amnesty. Watch them as they pretend to invent some moral argument about freedom.

To those on the Right who will have the courage to stand by this ruling, even at the cost of their pocket books, my applause and appreciation for respecting a fair application of the law, meaning we punish the root cause of illegal immigration and not merely the poor saps who are simply trying to put food in the mouths of their children.

This will be an interesting summer as we watch the tribal squabbling and cannabalization on the Right over this issue.

edit on 26-5-2011 by pajoly because: spelling

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

I was thinking the same thing when I heard the news. Don't get me wrong, I stand by any decision giving a state more power vs the feds but, yeah... I think we'll see some back-lash from this when the cost of hiring our indigenous population starts to trickle up to the bigger folks.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I agree. We will pay more, which will be worth it if wages go up, but pols won't care about what the little people pay. However, they'll suddenly care A LOT when their donor patrons start squawking. I am not a fan of the many lunatic state houses around the country populated by the fundy Right, but I will support them on this issue if the follow suit, which I doubt will happen en masse; they are too beholden to corporate interests.

It will be fun to watch though. It will be interesting to watch the FOX spin, especially since Murdoch actually supports amnesty (www.alipac.us...).

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

Totally agree with you on your points, it's hard to believe that the party would be that short-sighted. I can't wait to watch it tear itself apart from the inside.
edit on 26-5-2011 by Procession101 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
anyone who votes and promotes amnesty can so straight to h e double hockey sticks and that extends to the right or the left.

if your here illegal then screw you and get out.

the majority of every legal america citizen OBEYS the laws.

and when you come here illegally that means laws mean nothing to you.

and that is the kind of people we do not want here.

its got nothing to do with race,color,etc.

its about following LAW without laws we are NOTHING.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I understand you position, but frankly if it is between following a law or feeding my family, guess which one I am going to care more about? My guess is that if you were born just south of the Rio Grande an you saw a chance for a better life for your family a few miles north, you'd be wading in the river headed north too.

As well, you have to admit that ever since Reagan (a Conservative) granted amnesty once before, the illegals have every logical reason to believe it will eventually happen again because if it was done under Reagan, it is sure understandable to expect it could be done under a democratic president.

Illegals are not dumb; they are just uneducated. But, they know that American business and Americans at large rely on them so they have lots of institutional reasons to be optimistic.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Want to know when the Republicans are doing something that the Dems are scared of?
Just watch the run up to an election year. Dems always offer advice as to how the Reps should operate/vote and act.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I was thinking the same thing when I heard the news. Don't get me wrong, I stand by any decision giving a state more power vs the feds but, yeah... I think we'll see some back-lash from this when the cost of hiring our indigenous population starts to trickle up to the bigger folks.

Nope

They have already got it covered. Leave wages the same inflate the money supply and the prices.

This is what has happened historically Thanks to the inflation of the money supply. (see my chart at the bottom of the post)

In 1976 A typical American CEO earned 36 times as much as the average worker. By 2008 the average CEO pay increased to 369 times that of the average worker. timelines.ws...

This is what some people think is now planned for us in the not too distant future:

The Irresponsibility of Ben Bernanke and How He Will Destroy the Dollar

...Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke’s Quantitative Easing approach is immoral, failed Keynesianism and harmful. ..... It is a deliberate but hidden default on government obligations. It steals from taxpayers because it is a hidden tax on income and wealth. In all of these respects, it is outright theft!

...All economists know the solution to unemployment is lower real wages.

All economists know the solution to unemployment is lower real wages. A central part of Keynes’ theory was the notion of money illusion. Keynes believed that workers would not accept nominal decreases in wages but that they could be fooled via inflation, a belief that only an elitist could have. If the cost of living goes up and wages stay the same, then real wages go down and presumably employment goes up (or down less than it otherwise would). Inflation, the critical tool in the Keynesian paradigm, has been used regularly. Since the formation of the Federal Reserve, the purchasing power of the dollar has fallen almost 96%.

Inflation, the critical tool in the Keynesian paradigm, has been used regularly. Since the formation of the Federal Reserve, the purchasing power of the dollar has fallen almost 96%.

Could Bernanke Spark a Run on the Dollar?

...QE2′s greatest shortcoming is that is really doesn’t create jobs as advertised. It’s just more supply side, “trickle down” monetary theory designed to goose the market while workers languish in unemployment lines. Here’s how the Wall Street journal’s Kelly Evans summed it up: ”…the limits of monetary policy are becoming clearer. History suggests any further easing probably would do too much for the stock market and asset prices, and too little for jobs.The only real fix is to lower the cost of U.S. workers relative to foreign rivals and machines, or else raise their bang for the buck. The latter, while clearly preferable, requires education and training that won’t turn things around overnight.” (“The Fed’s Magic Show Appears to Be Over”, Wall Street Journal)

In other words, the Fed is planning to give every working man and woman in the US a big pay-cut so they can go nose-to-nose with foreign labor.

You can see how this blends seamlessly with Obama’s State of the Union Speech where he focused on “competition” as his central theme. More importantly, Obama reiterated his pledge to double exports in the next 5 years. The only way that can be achieved is by destroying the dollar.

This is the sneak attack by the banksters – money devaluation:
Here is a money supply - gold - wage chart:
Date.....$ /oz gold.. Money supply......minimum wage...min wage in gold..CEO pay in gold
1971 ......40.62.............. 81 billion...........$1.60 ...................0.0394 oz.
1974 ......195.20...........101 billion...........$2.00.....................0.0102 oz.
1976 ......124.74 ........... $113 billion.......$2.30.....................0.0184 oz............0.663.oz
1985 .....354.20 ...........$205 billion........$3.35....................0.0094 oz.
1994 .....409.80........... $ 406 billion.......$4.25.....................0.0104.oz.
2006 .....636.30 ...........$808 billion........$5.15.....................0.0081 oz.
2008 .....880.30........... $831 billion........$5.85.....................0.0066 oz.............2.44.oz
2009...1,020.28...........$1663 billion........$6.55.....................0.0064.oz.

From the beginning of 1964 ($54 billion) to the end of 2010 the bankers have made $1961.967 billion dollars in fiat currency! That is the amount they increased the money supply

That is a factor of 36! The minimum wage in 1964 was $1.15. Is the minimum wage now $41.78????

As the guy in the article said the purchasing power of the dollar has fallen by 96 percent but workers wages certainly have not risen to compensate just the salaries of the CEOs!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

Oh, I just thought of another reason why this is actually a good move for TPTB.

THE FARM WARS!!!!

Many of the illegals are employed as farm/Ag labor. The AG Cartel decided a couple of decades ago to wipe out US independent farmers (actually 70 years ago) With the ratification of the World Trade Agreement on Agriculture the battle has really heated up world wide.

For example Mexico lost 75% of her independent farmers, Portugal lost 60%, Poland millions and India and Australia (Yeah Australia) have farmers suiciding.

With the passage of the Food Safety Modernization Act American farmers are now in the cross hairs.

40% of the USA is farmland and 16% of the GNP is Ag products

...The United States is blessed with more arable land than any other nation on earth. Still, only about one-fifth of our land area (382 million acres) is used for crop production. Grazing land for livestock accounts for about one-fourth of the privately held land in the U.S. (525 million acres).... www.epa.gov...

...In round numbers, U.S. farmers produce about $100 billion worth of crops and about $100 billion worth of livestock each year...

...U.S. farms. In 2000, the U.S. produced almost ten billion bushels of the world’s total 23 billion bushel crop...

...Over 350,000 farms in the United States produce soybeans, accounting for over 50% of the world’s soybean production and $6.66 billion in soybean and product exports in 2000. Soybeans represented 56 percent of world oilseed production in 2000.....

....The U.S. produces about 13% of the world’s wheat and supplies about 25% of the world’s wheat export market....

...Cotton is grown from coast-to-coast, but in only 17 southern states. Farms in those states produce over 20% of the world’s cotton....

...The U.S. exports almost half of the sorghum it produces and controls 70% to 80% of world sorghum exports.....

....U.S. rice production accounts for just over 1% of the world’s total, but this country is the second leading rice exporter with 18% of the world market......

I am sure that looks like a tasty take over target to the Ag cartel.

The problem is while field crops are harvested by machine, fruits and other food crops
are typically harvested by hand. The fruits and veggies are the high dollar per acre crops normally grown on the best farmland and that is where you will find illegals hired to pick them.

With a rotten economy, high fuel prices and the fact that 90% of American farmers are already working a second job to support their farms, farmers have no spare cash to pay for the "improvements" needed to pass the new "Food Safety" regs. Heck over 1/2 of American farmers lose $15,000 a year farming as it is! This put farmers in a real catch 22. They need extra help to meet the new regs but they can not afford to hire that help at a normal wage.

This is exactly the type of set up wanted by the Ag Cartel. Given the Ag Cartels take over of farms in other countries, why ever would we not expect the Ag cartel to do the same here in the USA with a helping hand from the government.

Wiping out a farmer and "Confiscating" his land because he uses illegals, will garner a lot less sympathy than if he is forced off his land because of idiotic red tape. Heck the MSM has been spreading horror stories about illegal farm labor for years!

new topics

top topics

join