It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Was a Right-Wing Evangelical Pastor -- Until I Saw the Light

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by itsawild1

They are everywhere. How about this combination of winning efforts tossed together?

Christian Identity - also known as Kingdom Identity, or the Christian Israel movement - is a racist variant of fundamentalist Christianity that unites a number of factions of the Ku Klux Klan, neo-Nazis, neo-fascists, extreme right survivalists, armed paramilitary militias, Holocaust-deniers, fundamentalist home-schooling advocates, and grassroots tax revolt activists.

One of many "christian" groups. Of course, they left their lunch on the counter before going to school. Just an easy example of those who will take His name, even preaching hate...

I Hate Your Stupid Guts

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Thanks for the link! Just in case you might wonder what I do (not a promotion for the link), AFHLINE. My wife and I are also in the process of building a Kidz Home for street kids. This we do out of our own back pocket by working. Now if we could get them to stop lobbying and into helping those in need, that would be a change...well...doubtful.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

Wow! That is really great! Respect and well wishes in the future. As with many instant internet discussions,
I realize this may be a shot in the dark, but can I u2u you? I actually did importing/exporting for Centro Del Muchacho via Guyaquil (port city - biggest in Ecuador)....who knows? Regardless of what passes, keep on good path!

ColoradoJens

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Please do, your U2U is welcome.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
one needs very little reasoning capabilities or historical knowledge to put these things together -specifically the national destruction aspect then and how that relates to now but on a larger scale

Beware of Him (the Angel) and obey His voice; do not provoke Him, for He will not pardon your transgressions; for My name is in Him.-Exodus

For the nation or kingdom that will not serve you will perish; it will be utterly ruined.-Isaiah

In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice.-Genesis

Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.-Galatians

And He was handed the book of the prophet Isaiah. And when He had opened the book, He found the place where it was written:
“ The Spirit of the LORD is upon Me,
Because He has anointed Me
To preach the gospel to the poor;
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives
And recovery of sight to the blind,
To set at liberty those who are oppressed;
To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD.”-Luke

“ Glory to God in the highest, And on earth peace, goodwill toward men!”

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature/nation.-Mark

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.-John

Now as He drew near, He saw the city and wept over it, saying, “If you had known, even you, especially in this your day, the things that make for your peace! But now they are hidden from your eyes.For days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment around you, surround you and close you in on every side, and level you, and your children within you, to the ground; and they will not leave in you one stone upon another, because you did not know the time of your visitation.”-Luke

“Men, why are you doing these things? We also are men with the same nature as you, and preach to you that you should turn from these useless things to the living God, who made the heaven, the earth, the sea, and all things that are in them, who in bygone generations allowed all nations to walk in their own ways. Nevertheless He did not leave Himself without witness, in that He did good, gave us rain from heaven and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and gladness.”-Acts

Then, as some spoke of the temple, how it was adorned with beautiful stones and donations, He said, “These things which you see—the days will come in which not one stone shall be left upon another that shall not be thrown down.”So they asked Him, saying, “Teacher, but when will these things be? And what sign will there be when these things are about to take place?”-Luke

Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.-Acts

For His dominion is an everlasting dominion,
And His kingdom is from generation to generation.
All the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing;
He does according to His will in the army of heaven
And among the inhabitants of the earth.
No one can restrain His hand
Or say to Him, “What have You done?” -Daniel4

‘ This decision is by the decree of the watchers, And the sentence by the word of the holy ones, In order that the living may know That the Most High rules in the kingdom of men, Gives it to whomever He will, And sets over it the lowest of men.’
www.biblegateway.com...

edit on 27-5-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Nothing special here.

Just another Christian bashing thread.

There......that should get you going.

It's not Christian bashing! The right wing conservative segregationist pro-war pro-Israel position is not the only Christian view, thank God!
In fact, IMO it's not terribly Christian at all...
I think the views of Falwell and co are simply appalling, and I am so glad not to be an American! If I was an American I might not even know that there's much, much more to Christianity.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by itsawild1
jesus did say DONT LOOK FOR ME IN A CHURCH, LOOK UNDER A ROCK!!
Main stream religon took over the church, running contrary to gods word.
WE hero worship the soldier, when god and jesus forbid them. killing is murder even when your country says to, But churches praise the soldier==false church
. Jesus said do as i do---JESUS stayed out of politics, but churches today [except jehovah's witness] love politics==false church
false churches are everywhere today

Not all churches are as you say, fortunately, especially here in New Zealand..
V.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
John McCain, President Ronald Reagan, President George H. W. Bush, Rev. Billy Graham, Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, Lt. Col. Oliver North, Steve Forbes, Leonard Davidson, former US Senator Jesse Helms, Sam Donaldson, John R. Rice, Elisabeth Elliot (wife of the late missionary Jim Elliot), Skip Erickson, Freddie Gage, Adrian Rogers, creationist Ken Ham, governor Tim Kaine, Sean Hannity, Bobby Bowden, Carrie Prejean, pro-wrestler Lex Luger, Gianna Jessen, Mike Huckabee and Ron Paul, and Jerry Falwell...

That is quite a rogue's gallery.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

Thanks for that. Ever heard of a preacher named "Creflo A Dollar?" I mean, come on now. What is wrong with so many people? Tell me this isn't a business.

creflodollarministries

CJ
edit on 26-5-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

His programme is on TV here at 06.00 and I have never watched it - but I simply did not believe that name!

V.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Is this the type of organization you want to be linked to? See, this is their little fantasy played out in real life...they want to KILL gay people. Doesn't take much of a stretch to then start adding in some other "moral degenerates" they don't like...see? These people WANT people to DIE.

Mr. SHARLET: In 1986, a former Ford official name Bob Hunter went over on trips at the behest of the U.S. government, but also on behalf of The Family, to which - for which both of which he filed reports that are now in The Family's archives. And his goal was to reach out to Museveni and make sure that he came into the American sphere of influence, that Uganda, in effect, becomes our proxy in the region and that relationship only deepened.

In fact, in late 1990s, Hunter - again, working for The Family - went over and teamed up with Museveni to create the Uganda National Prayer Breakfast as a parallel to the United States National Prayer Breakfast and to which The Family every year sends representatives, usually congressmen.

The Family of Maniacs

Here is a sobering story of one of the men prescribed for death. Do you remeber the Rolling Stone article showing a Ugandan newspaper with gay activists on the cover with the title "Hang Them!" ? This man took them to court and won. He was well loved. Just, not by the people chosen by God who have every right in their opinion to KILL him.

That fear was heightened late last year when a tabloid called Rolling Stone started publishing pictures of gay activists and other alleged homosexuals under the headline: Hang Them. Kato, who was in his mid-40s, and two colleagues took the paper to court, winning a permanent injunction preventing it from identifying gay people and damages of £410 each.

Note his fame as a defender of humans attempting to be happy was not making others happy:

But the higher profile created enemies. Local religious leaders, especially some prominent evangelical Christians, launched campaigns alleging that the gay community was seeking to "recruit" schoolchildren. Their efforts were boosted by visits from several American preachers renowned for their homophobic views.

The proposed legislation, together with statements from political leaders, including President Yoweri Museveni, who repeated the unproved "recruiting" claims, caused real fear among gay activists. Kato gave a lecture at Cambridge University last year titled A Matter of Life and Death: The Struggle for Ugandan Gay Rights.

Not my kind of christians...

Apparently He Deserved It?
edit on 27-5-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

Originally posted by Carseller4
Nothing special here.

Just another Christian bashing thread.

There......that should get you going.

It's not Christian bashing! The right wing conservative segregationist pro-war pro-Israel position is not the only Christian view, thank God!
In fact, IMO it's not terribly Christian at all...
I think the views of Falwell and co are simply appalling, and I am so glad not to be an American! If I was an American I might not even know that there's much, much more to Christianity.

Yes. Yes. Yes. Nationality means nothing if you simply understand that we are all one in the same. Good, bad, ugly...we all make mistakes, we all fall down. Community that fosters good will and help is a positive enforcer from an early age that we are all in one boat. We all want the same things. We all want to love, cherish and enjoy life. Well, I guess when I say "we" I mean those of us who think that Jesus loves everybody...when did that message get so twisted? Thanks for the thoughts!

ColoradoJ

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlackOps

John McCain, President Ronald Reagan, President George H. W. Bush, Rev. Billy Graham, Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, Lt. Col. Oliver North, Steve Forbes, Leonard Davidson, former US Senator Jesse Helms, Sam Donaldson, John R. Rice, Elisabeth Elliot (wife of the late missionary Jim Elliot), Skip Erickson, Freddie Gage, Adrian Rogers, creationist Ken Ham, governor Tim Kaine, Sean Hannity, Bobby Bowden, Carrie Prejean, pro-wrestler Lex Luger, Gianna Jessen, Mike Huckabee and Ron Paul, and Jerry Falwell...

That is quite a rogue's gallery.

Yes, indeed. My favorites are "pro-wrestler Lex Luger and Sean Hannity"

They also are very active when it comes to hosting forums, conferences and other means of gathering people together to discuss ways in which to hate people. Seems they really have it out for homosexuals.

(Newser) – A group of social conservatives thinks it has a way to turn the gay rights debate around: Stop using the word “gay.” At the Awakening conference at Liberty University in Virginia last weekend, Ryan Sorba, chairman of the Young Conservatives of California, said that merely using that word was conceding ground, the Huffington Post reports. “Gay identity does not exist,” Sorba declared. “Gay is a left-wing socio-political construct designed to create grounds for fundamental rights [based on] whimsical capricious desires.”

“What we need to do is state that look, this is either ‘same-sex attraction,’ or maybe they’re engaging in ‘same-sex intercourse,’ or ‘sodomy,’ or whatever word you’re comfortable using.” Later, someone suggested that gays be referred to as “anti-Christian.”

Call them What the are! Sodomites!

Palin is on the list too...also, just to point out how silly it all is:

Palin the Hog Rider: As we all know, there are no Gay motorcycle riders

CJ

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

Thanks for that. Ever heard of a preacher named "Creflo A Dollar?" I mean, come on now. What is wrong with so many people? Tell me this isn't a business.

creflodollarministries

CJ
edit on 26-5-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

His programme is on TV here at 06.00 and I have never watched it - but I simply did not believe that name!

V.

I know! The name alone...really? I mean really? I mean, REALLY? ugg. Oh, by the way, my new moniker is
Rojelio Euro and I am selling petrified hay from the manger Jesus was born in. Only $2500 Euros per strand.
On a more serious note, the movement is in full force and must be stopped here in the US. I am leery to go here due to the rash of threads on this humanoid, but here's where we are:

"At this point, people in this country don't grasp what this person is all about. The key to understanding Sarah Palin is understanding her radical theology."

"She scares me," said Bess. "She's Jerry Falwell with a pretty face.

Face Off: Did Someone Surgically attach Palin's face to Falwells?

How Sarah Palin is Reshaping the Religious Right

Sarah Palin will address the Extraordinary Women conference in October at Liberty University, the bible school founded by televangelist Rev. Jerry Falwell. The conference’s “ vision is to draw women closer to the heart of God and His extraordinary plan for their daily lives,” and Palin will address a crowd at Liberty University’s Vines Center as well as churchgoers nationwide: Liberty University Chancellor Jerry Falwell Jr. wrote in an e-mail to The News & Advance of Lynchburg that the event will be broadcast live to more than 1,000 churches

Sarah Palin to Speak at Liberty U

Here is some plainspeak from someone in another looney toones camp as an example of how indoctrinated these guys are. Royalty in evangellical circles and he doesn't even see the irony:

Eewwww...

CJ

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

this is all pretty interesting
would'nt ya say?

Following extensive debate, the term Contact Countries was agreed by the Allies in 2004; the following countries currently have this status:
Australia (AUSCANNZUKUS)
New Zealand (AUSCANNZUKUS)
Japan
South Korea
en.wikipedia.org...

The New Zealand government sent troops to Afghanistan immediately after the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks. They have been there ever since.
peacewellington.org...

NZDF personnel make up the NZ Provincial Reconstruction Team (NZ PRT) in Afghanistan. The eighteenth rotation, now led by Dick Newlands, arrived in Afghanistan in April 2011 and will remain in Afghanistan for approximately six months. The government has announced that New Zealand's commitment to Afghanistan will be in place until approximately 2014.www.nzdf.mil.nz...

New Zealand's largest nuclear ally, the United States, decided that this symbolic ....books.google.com...

Non-NATO CONTRIBUTORS
•Albania
•Australia
•Austria
•Azerbaijan
•Croatia
•Finland
•Macedonia
•Ireland
•New Zealand
•Sweden
•Switzerland
militaryhistory.about.com...

The fall of Singapore in 1942 showed that Britain could no longer protect its far-flung Dominions. Closer military ties were therefore necessary for New Zealand's defence. With United States entering the war, they were an obvious choice. Links with Australia had also been developed earlier; both nations sent troops to the Anglo-Boer War and New Zealand officer candidates had trained at Australia's Royal Military College, Duntroon since 1911, a practice that continues to this day. A combined Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC) was formed for the Gallipoli Campaign during World War I, and its exploits are key events in the military history of both countries.Two members of the New Zealand Provincial Reconstruction Team in Afghanistan during 2009New Zealand is a signatory of the ANZUS treaty, a defence pact between it, Australia and the United States dating from 1951. en.wikipedia.org...

15/04/2011 A United States navy helicopter has landed on the deck of the New Zealand navy ship Canterbury in the most significant sign yet of the thaw in military relations.The MH60 Seahawk helicopter conducted flight deck training on the Canterbury on Tuesday as part of a joint humanitarian aid mission to Tonga. Operation commander, US Navy Captain Jesse Wilson, went aboard the Canterbury and a New Caledonian Puma helicopter operating on the multi-role ship transferred Kiwi Defence Force personnel to the USS Cleveland. The two ships are conducting a joint operation to take medical and engineering aid to the Pacific and were off the reef of Niuatoputapu, a small island in Tonga. The fact the two ships are operating together is itself a significant step in the growing military ties between the two countries.
www.stuff.co.nz...

Compare this with numbers in 1901, where 42% of people identified with the Anglican denomination, 23% with Presbyterian, and only 14% with Catholic[citation needed]. At this time 1 in 30 people did not identify with any religion compared with 1 in 3 today. If the current trends continue, Christianity will no longer be the majority religion at the 2011 census.[7]The International Social Survey Programme was conducted in New Zealand by Massey University in 2008.
en.wikipedia.org...

New Zealand's general abortion rate of 20.1 per 1000 women aged 15-44 remains comparable to slightly earlier figures from the US (19.4) and Australia (19.3) - but far ahead of other countries like Germany (7.3) and the Netherlands (8.6). www.nzherald.co.nz...

Worldwide, about 11% of all women having abortions live in Africa, 58% in Asia and 9% in Latin America and the Caribbean. The remainder live in Europe (17%) and elsewhere in the developed world- Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand and the United States (5%).
current worldwide abortion rate of 35 abortions annually per 1,000 women 15-44
www.top5ofanything.com...

edit on 27-5-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

I'm trying to follow this...NZ and US are now better connected militarily. Abortions stats around the globe...help me get to what the meat of the matter is?

CJ

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Hoping to get anyone's thoughts...additions, etc.

CJ

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

I feel the same way and I also include secularists. Do your thing and shape your own morals or amorals and social and economic behaviors and beliefs however you choose. However, don't pass off the consequences of your choices to me. Don't insist I approve of your beliefs and choices. Don't force your beleifs and choices on me using federal power in the name of the victimhood you bring upon yourself. Choices have consequences. Secularists should keep their atheistic beliefs, world view and consequences to themselves just as they demand of Christians .

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by itsawild1

Jesus did not say don't look for me in a church. He went to the Temple regularly. He preached there.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

That Christianity has been largely co-opted should not obscure the fact that the bad guys have went to extreme lengths to eliminate it. Co-opting is one of those lengths.
Add to that the fact that much of what "everybody knows" nowadays comes straight from the top of the NWO power structure. The acceptance of feminism, homosexuality, socialism, et cetera, these things were and are promoted by people such as the Bilderbergers, CFR, Tavistock and the like. Multiculturalism too, although you can hardly even mention that or debate it at all, even on forums that claim to be about free speech.
Sure there are some legitimate gripes about how people that have called themselves Christians have acted, especially when in power. But like countless millions before us, we're going to realize at some point we're out of the frying pan and into the fire.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJensI applaud this man who has had the courage to make a stand, against what he felt was an exclusive and racist message.

What you mean to say is "White racist" message. That would be verboten. All other racism is okey dokey.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join