It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barney Frank knocked on his Fannie, Rep admits to helping lover land job at mortgage giant in ’91

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The worst part is that Frank doesn't even see what the big deal is. He thinks it is fine and he didn't do anything illegal.

U.S. Rep. Barney Frank admitted he helped his ex-lover land a lucrative post with Fannie Mae in the early 1990s while the Newton Democrat was on a committee that regulated the lending giant — but he called questions of a potential ethical conflict “nonsense.”

“If it is (a conflict of interest), then much of Washington is involved (in conflicts),” Frank told the Herald last night. “It is a common thing in Washington for members of Congress to have spouses work for the federal government. There is no rule against it at all.”

Frank said he helped his former longtime companion, Herb Moses, land a job at Fannie Mae in 1991 after Moses graduated with a master’s degree in business administration from Dartmouth College. Frank said he was approached by a Fannie Mae executive and vouched for Moses, who formerly worked as an economist in the Department of Agriculture.

The deeds this dirty, unwashed, lib, pervert gets away with are unbelievable!

“Just when you think you’ve heard the worst, Democrats in Massachusetts take shameless politics to a new low,” said Tory Mazzola, spokesman for the National Republican Congressional Committee. “The fact that Barney Frank didn’t see this as a conflict of interest is alarming by itself, but it’s so deceitful that it really shows voters that he’s not looking out for them in Washington.”
bostonherald.com...=home %26position=0

Not holding my breath but I sure hope this arrogant ass gets what he deserves.

edit on 26-5-2011 by Scoriada because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I don't see anything wrong with it. He was approached by them and asked his opinion of the guy. He gave a favorable opinion and he got the job.

Now if he approached someone in this company first and said that they should hire this guy then I could see a problem with it. Since he was approached first by a represenative from the company then no big deal.

I should add that I cannot stand Barney Frank, but if this version of the story checks out I can't dump on him.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Scoriada

And Barney Frank also said:

“If it is (a conflict of interest), then much of Washington is involved (in conflicts),”

Ya think?

That's EXACTLY the problem with what's going on in Washington DC. They ARE all involved in conflicts of interest.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
there are so many jokes i could make here but i will try not to make any

i wouldnt wanna get called a racist bigot hater agian oh wait too late.

but i do remember pelosi saying the swamp needs draining turns out they needed to start with their own party.

that said the corruption in government knows know bounds and the left will give frank a free pass

simply because well hes a "special interest" case.

doesnt really matter if there is a conflict of interest or legalities

the man most responsibile for the failiure of fannie mae keeps his job.

which is a sad pathetic state of afairs.

new topics

top topics

join