It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Didn't you read the T&C

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
alright, another rant....

Why do religion threads inevitably have to become gay bashing threads? Why do threads on Israel and Palestine inevitably turn into racist diatribes, from BOTH sides? I'd like to think I'm not guilty of this but more than likely some of my posts have come off that way, no one alerted them, but I'm pretty sure I've offended at least one person here.

Why are people consistently doing this, then crying because they were censored? Are people even bothering to read the T&C ? People obviously aren't using the search as the mods are constantly closing threads down because the topic is already here, often in multiple threads.

Why do people immediately start bashing each other over the heads when they don't agree? Do you honestly think you will change someones opinion?

You won't.

We can still discuss this stuff, and the best way to do that is to have people from various walks of life (we do) coming at it from different view points (we do). Only then, when challenged, will we actually go research and try to build a valid point.

Why have I already seen, maybe even just today, people whining about censorship from the mods? If you broke the T&C you broke the T&C there are no if ands or buts about it.

If I break the T&C I expect repercussions. If i post an off topic comment, or something that goes against the T&C, I'd fully expect to be notified, and possibly post banned from that thread, or the whole board on a temporary basis.

The site owners and mods have been explicitly clear about what they will allow or not allow. Ignorance of that is not an excuse.

I'm not going to single anyone out, but the people doing what I'm talking about know darn well what they are doing. They know exactly what will happen once they open the floodgates of hate. some are strategic in their ploy making sure to stay loosely within the T&C whilst inciting the garbage from other users. This needs to stop, we can save this community from going down the road most other forums go down, some of us are seriously trying. I would never ask for a topic to be banned, but hateful and spiteful topics just don't have a place here.

We can easily discuss the bible, heck, even those anti-gay parts, without turning into hate speech.
We can easily discuss Israel and Palestine within the context of the actions of their ruling governments, without it turning into racist garbage.

Mods, staff, owners, et al.....
I applaud your efforts, you have a tough, unforgiving job, and you are doing it well.
edit on 26-5-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-5-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Politics and Religion do seem to bring out the best in people!

I guess they have been crafted well and do the job they were intended to do - separate us.

new topics

join