It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Crop Circles 5/24/2011

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChingLing
It looks very much like wind lodging to me. Plants need a correct balance of nitrogen, potassium and silica for rigidness of cell wall and stems. When they grow too tall with the wrong nutrient balance, they are more likely to lodge with strong winds. Maybe the pattern we're seeing is just an unbalance of nutrients in the soil. Wind lodging is pretty common to happen.

When I first saw the pictures I thought the same thing, the pattern being from wind/rain or some similar set of circumstances. These flattened areas could be the low areas in the field where rainwater accumulated and the roots rotted, even a slight wind would knock these 'puddles' down.

Another thought is that the hard edge lines would arise similarly from wind. The flattening would happen in an area of weakness. As the crop is falling, it is falling into other plants behind it which offer it support. These plants too begin to fall and you get a cumulative resistance to toppling. I would imagine this additive resistance would follow some sort of pressure gradient resulting in hard edge lines.

As an example, one year I planted peas in my garden, a vining/climbing plant. Normally you need to provide some sort of structure for the pea plants to climb because they can not support their own weight. As an experiment I decided to do a second patch of peas without any structure and planted them very densely. The peas ended up using each other for support until they got to be about 4 feet tall and toppled over.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by TinkererJim

Wow just awesome S & F

I want to know if the stalks that were laid down are broken or not. Are they still alive? I think they are..that's a great sign

They say the stalks were pinned to the ground, not broken. Awesome!!!!
edit on 26-5-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

Here's the Google Earth coords

edit on 26-5-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

Re read some of the posts including mine. This is not a crop circle. It is a photograph by an Ecologists and used it in his book. It is from over use of pesticides....Not A Crop Circle....I repeat again...Not a Crop Circle.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust
Remind me of this:

source

....which is called "Blé versé" in French, don't know how to translate it, maybe by "Poured down wheat".

This is a natural phenomenon due to rain and problem with stems.

Yeah, that was my first thought too - some kind of microburst/wind phenomenon. It's too random and it looks like wind damage. Kinda like strong dust devil sized whirlwinds danced around the field for a while.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I WENT TO IT ON GOOGLE MAPS AND IT IS JUST BLACK LIKE SOME 1 IS COVERING IT UP IT LOOKS LIKE DIRT BUT THE OTHER FIELDS ARE NOT AS DARK AS THAT 1 SO I DONT KNOW GIVE FEEDBACK

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TinkererJim

"Don't Panic"!

Looks like Slartibartfast is alive and well then and been having some fun?

It's a riddle in a crop field and the answer is 42.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join