It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Crop Circles 5/24/2011

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Believe me, I wish for it to be alien made but I'd say this is made by Water & Wind. Looks cool though!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust
Remind me of this:

source

....which is called "Blé versé" in French, don't know how to translate it, maybe by "Poured down wheat".

This is a natural phenomenon due to rain and problem with stems.

idid some more resaerch on that image, it was used on a reprint of a book called "silent spring"
wildproject.fr...

en.wikipedia.org...

The book documented detrimental effects of pesticides on the environment,

after more research i found out its actually a condition called lodged wheat
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8dd8ed742b3c.jpg[/atsimg]
image source - www.flickr.com/photos/68346822@N00/562979874/

“Having high N levels in combination with good water supply early in the crop’s life is a recipe for high lodging risk, although there are several other agronomic factors that increase lodging risk as well,

www.grdc.com.au...
so my analysis's leads to an over use of nitrogen fertilizers and rain after the use of the fertilizer causing lodging in the field.

edit on 26-5-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-5-2011 by sprocket2cog because: fixed typos etc

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sprocket2cog

What about the fields around it, why wouldnt they also be like that?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
WOW its looks almost like random destruction.

I'm breaking a rib laughing at some of the replies. You people crack me up you really do.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CoachSlamYou

Maybe they didn't use the same fertilizers and same amount of water in those fields?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoachSlamYou

What about the fields around it, why wouldnt they also be like that?

Owned by different farmers who didnt use the same type or amount of fertilizer. or in different parts of the crop rotation so hadn't been fertilized yet.
diffrent crop types from the flat field.
there is many reasons it could be like that.

edit on 26-5-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust
Remind me of this:

source

....which is called "Blé versé" in French, don't know how to translate it, maybe by "Poured down wheat".

This is a natural phenomenon due to rain and problem with stems.

.... it actually looks just like that. Im going to go with that explanation, for now.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkererJim

Two thousand Russians hopped up on vodka an Red Bull in a midnight rave in the countryside?

2nd

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This is in a book created by a ecologist/photographer called " Quiet spring". It states that this particular picture is showing the overuse
or abuse of pesticides not crop circles. This might explain the erratic nature of these depressions in the field we see.

"Quiet spring constitutes, according to Al Gore, “the birth of the movement ecologist”.
Sold with more than 2.000.000 of specimens, translated into 16 languages, quiet Printemps is not only one best-seller: it is a monument of the cultural and social history of the XXe century.
This plea against the abuse the pesticides is also an introduction to scientific ecology, by a marine biologist of first rank. Quiet spring is at the origin of the foundation by the philosphe Norwegian Arne Naess of “major ecology”.

edit on 5/26/2011 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/26/2011 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

it would be hard to draw this from ground lvel without showing corners, this was definetly made from the sky.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Hey good job, you solved it!!

Here's another book about it.

www.olivierlasserre.com...

The Art of the Earth by Olivier Lasserre

translated with Google:

Wheat paid
The wind slept part of the culture, weakened by excess nutrient nitrogen in the peat.
Kerzers, Freiburg, late June.
"By its high nutrient, peat is unsuitable for growing wheat and barley. But crop rotation, sometimes requires."

Ernst Maeder, Director of Bio-Gemüse, Galmiz, Fribourg.

in "The Art of the Earth", p. 134

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChingLing
It looks very much like wind lodging to me. Plants need a correct balance of nitrogen, potassium and silica for rigidness of cell wall and stems. When they grow too tall with the wrong nutrient balance, they are more likely to lodge with strong winds. Maybe the pattern we're seeing is just an unbalance of nutrients in the soil. Wind lodging is pretty common to happen.

I agree with you. Most crop circles that I have seen (even the faked ones) tend to have geometric patterns to them whereas this seems more fractal/random? It is part of human nature to see patterns in things even when patterns are not there.

Great post though, S+F

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
This alien drank to much romulin ale

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Wow just awesome S & F

I want to know if the stalks that were laid down are broken or not. Are they still alive? I think they are..that's a great sign

They say the stalks were pinned to the ground, not broken. Awesome!!!!
edit on 26-5-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

Here's the Google Earth coords

edit on 26-5-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Hmmm do you really think this legit? or human made? any evidence or anything to confirm or debunk?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChingLing
It looks very much like wind lodging to me. Plants need a correct balance of nitrogen, potassium and silica for rigidness of cell wall and stems. When they grow too tall with the wrong nutrient balance, they are more likely to lodge with strong winds. Maybe the pattern we're seeing is just an unbalance of nutrients in the soil. Wind lodging is pretty common to happen.

That was my reaction until I noticed the orientation of the pattern. It's aligned with the sowing which in itself suggest a link to a sowing problem. But as far as wind is concerned it should be omnidirectional.

So it can't be wind but it could be a sowing problem. Or if due to some external influence then the alignment to the sowing pattern is coincidence or orientation. E.g if I wanted to lay a "map" which we normnally print on rectangular paper or screens we would re-map to the orientation of the field.

I think the orientation suggests an intelligence behind it.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

This is quite a crop circle and one that is very unique indeed!

I'm on the fence with crop circles however. I am a believer in just about everything paranormal and have witnessed quite a few strange sights myself. I just can't find a reasonable explanation as to why a civilized race of beings would travel to our world and put images in a crop field. However, I do know that crop circles have been reported for hundreds of years so it is part of mystery that I personally can't explain. While many of them have been proven to be done by people who do this as art some of them have been deemed impossible to do in the alotted time it appeared.

Crop circles do fascinate me though that's for sure but I'm not sure what their purpose is.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
It looks like a natural occurance to me, caused by weather.
As if crop circles weren't stupid enough, this takes it to the extreme,.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by niceguybob
Nice..

Sooo... How did the guys that did this, get to some of the area's in the middle of this pattern, without making marks?

Pretty tricky.

Thanks for the pics.

You know, that was my first question too, there appear to be areas that are flattened that have neither tractor lines nor other signs of movement.

The best conclusion I can draw is pole vaulting, maybe using the boards they use to flatten the crop?

ETA: after looking again, they dont appear to be flattened with boards either. When you look closely at the individual shapes it almost appears as though high velocity winds may have knocked down the crop, as the crop swirls appear very organic in nature, not really forced. When you zoom out though, you see the obvious patterns and coherrence. *shrugs*

I cant wait to find out the details surrounding this one
edit on 27-5-2011 by IntegratedInstigator because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join