It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life and Death

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
As far as the stuff with dreams goes, I've always had very vivid dreams - usually the most random things that make no sense at all. However, when I was younger, they seemed to play a much more important role - for example Deja Vu / premonitions; at the same time I also had all kinds of crazy nightmares, mainly because of the "ghosts" (or whatever they were) I experienced in the house I grew up in. Because of this stuff going on in my childhood, I've also always been very interested in anything paranormal that I could find. Me and some friends started up our own little "ghost hunters club" - or whatever you want to call it (I have no idea if we actually had a name for ourselves or not back then) when we were like 6 years old.... we'd all gather round the lunch table and tell our stories about ghosts, aliens, monsters, whatever else. I also used to have dreams where I would picture myself at the controls of a large "computer" that allowed me to scroll through hundreds of different dreams, and I could pick which ones I wanted to have - the closet thing I can describe this vision to were the computers / machines out of the movie 12 Monkeys.

In other words, to sum things up, I pretty much KNOW there are a lot of really weird things going on out there, I just can't actually PROVE any of it... it's also extremely frustrating trying to talk about weird things such as what you find here on ATS with close friends and relatives when I'm being prescribed to anti-convulsants that have hallucinations listed as a side effect.

I've already been asked if I'm seeing "auras" several times by several different people... it's not something I'd want anyone else to have to go through to say the least.

Anyway, it's just about time to tune into ATS Live

edit on 28-5-2011 by Time2Think because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Hello, i am one of those that don't believe in any sort of a "God", "soul" or "afterlife".
Matito was kind enough to explain some things and did it pretty well.

However to your origin question.

Where do we come from before we are born? Do you think it possibly be the same place we go when we die, or do you think it's something completely different - 2 entirely different processes?

We don’t come from anywhere before we are born,"we" are built slowly over time.
You are different now then ten years ago, way different from when you was newborn and barely more then a set of hard wired behaviours, and more different still from when the first neurons fired in your developing brain.
At what point in time did you become you?

Non existence isn’t a location, but sure you could say that before we are born and after we die is the same thing.

Regards Jocke

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
very sorry to hear that i believe there is an afterlife or living would be pointless in the the first place this is only the beginning

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Why do you need an ultimate purpose?
Just enjoy the ride.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Time2Think

OP:

I find your dream about the "dream computer" very interesting. I knew someone who dreamt of a similar computer, yet this one was able to scroll through different past experiences and pick points in time to go back to and relive. They were not able to change what happen - only relive what happened.

You are right through. When you start telling people about strange experiences, many people tend to disregard unusual experiences as having a logical explanation. Such as being physiological, psychological, drug related, normal (or abnormal) brain activity. Depends who your circle of friends are what their background and belief structures are. Luckily I have friends and family who I'm able to openly discuss personal experiences and perceptions - no matter how wild or crazy they are.

The thing about personal experiences and perceptions is that they can rarely be validated as true by others. So for others to accept unusual experiences, there has to be a very open mind. It comes down to whether you know someone who can believe, accept, acknowledge or at the least, openly discuss your personal experience without proof.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nathanp2890

nathanp2890: Non-believers tend to take life and living very seriously. This is because most believe that there is only one life to live and it should be taken advantage of to the fullest.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join