It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Story of the End of America.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by QtheQ

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by MegaMind
gorgi, how much does the fed pay you to come here and cheerlead for them?

This will all be settled real soon and the "recovery" will fail as will QE3. Gorgi history will prove you wrong ... and you won't have to wait long for it either. Hmmmmm that koolaid must taste good.

Gorgi is driving me crazy with his talking points. He really got To me, I wanted to throw my computer out the window. I don't know how someone can be so blindly in love with there government. He must be on some type of hand out program
edit on 6-6-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

I actually would have loved it if Gorgi could convince me that everything would be alright with the future economy because the fed was some benevolent big brother looking our for us with the peoples best interest in mind (instead of the reality of the Fed being a self interested bankster mafia). Unfortunately Gorgi never really presented much of an argument or evidence that reduces my concerns about fundamental problems such as underfunded future entitlement liabilities, the housing crisis, the European debt crisis. Nor did Gorgi provide any convincing evidence that QE succeeded in anything other than kicking the can down the road, preventing the systemic problems with the economy from working themselves out and instead worsening the inevitable economic crisis that will occur when the can can no longer be kicked.

Myself I don't know what exactly will happen with the economy. I'm hoping we'll at least be able to slog along perhaps in a deflationary environment where basic civil services continue. I wish we could look forward to a 1950's era economy but those in charge of organizing the economic system seem bent on preventing that from happening and instead seem to be trying to destroy our economy (perhaps in order to usher in a NWO?)

If you want to be a doomer thats fine. The end is not near but if thats what you want to believe thats your right.

QE worked. I know that you do not believe it but I showed you facts. If you want to ignore them thats fine. Ignoring facts does not make them go away.

I am not denying the Euro problems. This thread is about the impending doom of the USA, not Europe. The US will be fine. We always are.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

Overall trend is positive? How so? I don't see the economy getting better anytime soon. Give us some examples or documents or articles. Thanks

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by gorgi
The US will be fine. We always are.

Your statement above clarifies your entire opinion on this matter. You suffer from Normalcy Bias ...

We have always been fine in the past so we will always be fine in the future. Blah Blah Blah .....

You're in for a rude awakening.
edit on 8-6-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Your statement above clarifies your entire opinion on this matter. You suffer from Normalcy Bias ...

We have always been fine in the past so we will always be fine in the future. Blah Blah Blah .....

just like you said MegaMind, Gorgi cant be saved and i would LOVE gorgi to start a thread and list EVERYTHING that is going good right now. PLEASE Gorgi PLEASE wright a OP and post the link here when your done so i can read it. PLEASSSSSEEEEE

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Thanks doc for the free advice.

There is no evidence that the US is falling apart. It was much worse in the 70's and 80's. This is nothing. Anther recovery from a recession.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

Hey gorgi, please start a New OP and tell us how great the world is, and how great this recovery is. Please inform all us on ATS because i guess we all have it wrong

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

If you want to be a doomer thats fine. The end is not near but if thats what you want to believe thats your right.

QE worked. I know that you do not believe it but I showed you facts. If you want to ignore them thats fine. Ignoring facts does not make them go away.

I am not denying the Euro problems. This thread is about the impending doom of the USA, not Europe. The US will be fine. We always are.

Well, QE seems to have artificially propped up the stock market but judging by how, for some time now, insider sellers have disproportionately outpaced insider buyers, those who should be in the know don't seem to believe that propping of the marked will continue. Notice on Tuesday, just after Bernanke did not indicate there would be a continuation of QE, the market suddenly plummeted from positive to negative territory. The fed knows that it can't indefinitely continue with more QE to prop the markets because they know that it has also succeeded in inflating the prices of commodities without inflating the incomes of American citizens and slowly even the everyday person is starting to clue in to this fact.

We are all paying more for the necessities of life because the QE dollars are only going directly to large banking institutions who in turn buy either commodities on the international markets or equities. But the public goal with QE was not to limit the increased monetary circulation to the commodity and stock markets but rather the hope was that banks would start lending those dollars to individuals and especially to small businesses who in turn would hire more from the expansion made possible by those loans. However, that has not happened at all but if anything lending has gotten tighter while small and medium sized businesses that are the hiring engines for this country have had to come up with the money needed to cover the increased costs for the commodities that are necessary for their businesses. But those dollars are not around for the small businesses because the QE dollars largely never escaped the loop that only the large financial institutions are a part of.

Additionally, and unfortunately European problems are to an extent our problems as there is a great deal of interconnectedness in the worlds economic systems. There is even a word for the problems that arise in the financial systems in one part of the world as a result of problems in another distant part of the globe; it's called 'contagion'.

And the housing market doesn't just have a negative impact on homeowners but the banks that own the mortgages are negatively effected as well of course. If a deflationary spiral in the housing market continues and homeowners start to engage in mass strategic default, I'm wondering if the too big to fail banks will again claim a need for a handout just to survive. But in the current environment I doubt if another stimulus handout to banks will be forthcoming.

In the 70's and 80's we didn't have a huge proportion of the population starting to retire, expecting a government already mired in debt to cover an aging population's medical costs in a time when the costs of medical care are skyrocketing.

I don't think I'm any more of a doomer than George Bailey was in the movie 'It's a Wonderful Lie' when he was yelling at and complaining about the practices of the banker character Henry Potter. Just like Mr Bailey, I think I'm just calling it like it is.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join