It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING!!! Super Typhoon Songda Expected to HIT Fukushima.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
By the time Songda reaches the NE coast of Japan it's be a common or garden every day spell of slightly wet and windy weather. This was obvious from the beginning (to anyone who knows the lightest about tropical cyclones). Fukushima has experienced far worse weather since the earthquake.

It's a non story

You're wrong again

Japan's crippled Fukushima nuclear plant is not fully prepared for heavy rain and winds of a typhoon heading towards the country, officials admit. Tokyo Electric Power (Tepco), which runs the plant, said some reactor buildings were uncovered, prompting fears the storm may carry radioactive material into the air and sea. Typhoon Songda is expected to hit Japan as early as Monday.

Although they do say

Typhoon Songda - with winds up to 216km/h (134mph) - was moving north-east and could hit Japan on Monday, the Japan Meteorological Agency said. It was unclear whether Fukushima could be directly in the path of the storm.

So if even TEPCO are saying that it could hit and be a danger to the plant, your "it's a non story" comment is making you look somewhat stupid

BBC news link

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by yellowbeard

Yes, Obviously Fukushima is unprepared for a typhoon. Fortunately they do not have much to worry about and never did. As forecast, it is rapidly losing strength. Songda is no longer a typhoon and will get nowhere near Fukushima.
Japan Meteorological Agency

edit on 5/29/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
It seems they are preparing for the rain..

www3.nhk.or.jp...

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
It wont be half as bad as they are predicting. And when it is over they will say it was twice as bad as it was. And then they will blame it for the rellease of even more nuclear materials.

Bet ya!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Good morning ATSers!! hope this thread finds you all well and happy! I'm posting this here as I didn't see anyone mention it yet, it seems that songda has had somewhat of an effect on japan, maybe not fukushima but the additional distruction has happened none the less and people are suffering because of it! I hope they get through their struggle without too much more complication!!

have a lovely day

essjay x

"Heavy rain has flooded the already-devastated Miyagi area of northern Japan, hindering its reconstruction after a massive earthquake and tsunami in March. Torrential rains brought by typhoon Songda across the country caused landslides and floods, leaving at least 13 people dead and many more missing. Roads have been swept away in at least 200 places and some 19 bridges were damaged. Authorities in the Northeast of Tokyo urged more than 400,000 residents to evacuate their homes Friday following the flooding of a river. In some areas in the North, 54mm of rain fell in just 12 hours. Up to 1,000 troops have been supporting rescue missions and strengthening flood protection. Songda were downgraded to a tropical storm in the southwest of Japan late on Sunday, but strong winds and rain continue to batter the north."

source; hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by essjay

The typhoon season has only begun.
All we can do is hope that it will not bring more storms to Japan.

edit on 5/31/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

to be honest I always try and remain optimistic, however while typing the words "I hope they get through their struggle without too much more complication" i almost felt like I was being sarcastic!! things are really really bad aren't they? I feel so much for the people dealing with this, but I also feel somewhat annoyed that whenever natural disasters strike, the rest of us kind of look on with shock and awe like it's some kind of bad tv series, and in the very next breath flip the channel and get back in the matrix!! I think the rest of the world is going to be heavily affected by this, and in ways which we haven't even thought of yet!! people might wish they had paid more attention and informed themselves a bit more!
may whatever we believe in guide us through!!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join