It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING!!! Super Typhoon Songda Expected to HIT Fukushima.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by smartbuddy

I was stationed in Okinawa during the "major typhoon mannie(sp)" That was the biggest one they had seen in over 20 years and that was about 3 years ago. It was one of the most AMAZING things i had EVER seen! If you think this is going to cause problems don't even go there. The Japanese PRIDE themselves on being prepared for typhoons, they don't bother them at all. I am not saying this will not add more damage to the power plant or anything, but there is a MAJOR difference between a typhoon and tsunami. The buildings over there can withstand a huge and ferocious typhoon in a heart beat, now tsunami's are a different story because of the shear sudden force. You can go to Okinawa right now "during" the typhoon and still see people driving around even though its prohibited and out in their yards and so on and so forth. This is the first reply ive ever done here and think its a good start

I miss Okinawa and would kill to be in the storm lol. We had a marine during the major one we had, he got on top of the building strapped a sheet around him, and flew for 2 miles before falling and breaking both legs lol. dumb marines.

Good luck to all the Japanese though and our military members!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

I was always told the definition of insanity is "to do the same thing over and over again expecting different results".

I can not help but think WWIII is really going to be humans against the world. Kind of looks like things are just getting warmed up already.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by NinjaBunny

There was one similar in size hit Fukushima just over a week ago that developed in the exact same place and followed the exact same path. Obviously they were'nt happy with the size of that one and decided to try again.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

i think this might be the work of HARRP...because i Doubt that japan is getting hit "naturally" that many times

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seagle

There was one similar in size hit Fukushima just over a week ago that developed in the exact same place and followed the exact same path. Obviously they were'nt happy with the size of that one and decided to try again.

Actually, I notice when we're hit here in the states with a hurricane, almost two weeks to the date we get a second, a little weaker, version of the first hurricane following almost the same path. I always wondered why 2, same path, 2 weeks apart?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
To be honest, I feel really sorry for people BUT it doesn't suprise me

I think that since 11th march, Japan has been made into a geological war zone.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Did you seem to notice that not much is happening with the reactor site, no extraordinary attempts to contain or entoumb it, not really in the news much........ do you see a paralell with the Gulf spill of BP's

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
i say ban all threads on fukushima

it doesnt matter what we say in threads or talk about regarding japan

its to the point why bother even talking about it

theres NOTHING anyone can truly do to make themselves safe, no little pill will save you

hiding wont save you, short of some bunker, youre screwed

on top of that, if you havent noticed by now, japan and the rest of the countries and organizations involved arent going to give us ANY REAL information

they arent going to tell us anything, they arent going to tell us how bad things really are and the whole topic is futile

whatever happens happens and theres not a thing we can do about it, and by the time we find out we're being affected to the point of health concerns, itll be too late to do anything about, so lets focus on some other issues

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by NinjaBunny

I was stationed in Okinawa during the "major typhoon mannie(sp)" That was the biggest one they had seen in over 20 years and that was about 3 years ago. It was one of the most AMAZING things i had EVER seen! If you think this is going to cause problems don't even go there. The Japanese PRIDE themselves on being prepared for typhoons, they don't bother them at all. I am not saying this will not add more damage to the power plant or anything, but there is a MAJOR difference between a typhoon and tsunami. The buildings over there can withstand a huge and ferocious typhoon in a heart beat, now tsunami's are a different story because of the shear sudden force. You can go to Okinawa right now "during" the typhoon and still see people driving around even though its prohibited and out in their yards and so on and so forth. This is the first reply ive ever done here and think its a good start

I miss Okinawa and would kill to be in the storm lol. We had a marine during the major one we had, he got on top of the building strapped a sheet around him, and flew for 2 miles before falling and breaking both legs lol. dumb marines.

Good luck to all the Japanese though and our military members!

yea they deal with the storms when their infrastructure is intact, not after being damaged by an epic earthquake and tsunami

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Its not Typhoon anymore when it hits Japan, it will weaken to tropical storm, so no panic

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Thebel

Threads like this should be outlawed here. This is blatant scare mongering, taking wafer thin possabilitites and turning them into "THIS WILL HAPPEN!!!!" nonsence. IT serves no purpose than to win flags and stars for the OP and casue unwarrunted allarm amongst users.

There was never even the slightest possability that this typhoon would hit Japan hard. It was on the wrong course. By the time it reaches it will have traveled over cold water and cooled to a storm at worst. At the same time it's path woudl become erratic to say the least.

Shame on you OP! If I was a mod I would close this thread and dump it in the HOAX folder, and then award you demerit/penalty points or whatever they are called.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire
Yeah, I saw that movie.... it didn't end well for humanity.

Can I mail Japan a Home Depot gift card so they can buy some concrete and boron before they kill us all?

Whether the typoon directly hits or not, the air being pulled into this system expands over the affected region. The fact that Japan refuses to end the campaign to salvage this fiasco is unnerving. They've already had to close another plant for fear of a new earthquake, yet decided to go forth with plans on opening new reactors all over the country.

What's it called when you do something over and over again, expecting a different result?
edit on 26-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

Ummm.... ooooh, Ooooh, I know this one -- one second, oh man it's right there... floating on the tip, uuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm just gonna take a stab at it....

What is..... insanity? OH YEAH, YEA... It's Insanity.

It is a beautiful wonder though... no?

Japan has earthquakes all the time... and it's not rare for them to have super large ones. That wasn't the first tsunami either... and lets not even talk about Japan and Typhoons....

So, what the hell is going on? What is tepco thinking? Why would they think that they had a year to do this in? Who is to say, before the year is over... before they solve the problem (because lets face it, they aren't gonna have it all finished up before the end of the year anyway... they never get the original time lines right... because they are always being optimistic.) That they won't be hit in a similar location by a similar event.

Granted, I doubt they will have another 7 ish quake followed by a super tsunami... but, now that the buildings are in shambles basically, and there is no back ups of any kind... and it's sort of just... exposed there...

What is the plan for IF something like that were to happen again? We are all just screwed? Japan dies? Like what happens if Fukashima gets hit with another say 5 earthquake or 4, while it's all in shambles? What would happen, if like say, a typhoon DID hit it before it was all sealed up and/or fixed?

Seems like trying to salvage anything out of it is grossly irresponsible of them.

P.S.

This thread is a bit sensationalist though.... no?
edit on 28-5-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Just to let some of you know, Fukushima isnt next door to Okinawa.. infact, there actually almost at the opposite ends of the country.. :/ So even if the storm hits Okinawa, and continues all the way to the east coast it wont actually be powerful enough to do anything in that area.

Its slightly more concerning to see how some people react to these events, the fact is they happen all the time, all over the world. Japan of all places can cope very well with natural problems and this, shouldnt come to much compared to their recent mishaps.

No need to worry people.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

Good thing your not a mod. If you was perhaps you would have noticed the OP had charts of the very real possibility of the storm making landfall. He did not say run for your lives, He simply stated that with a storm coming you might want to get your shopping out of the way' At least that is all I got from it.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Therian
reply to post by Shamatt

Good thing your not a mod. If you was perhaps you would have noticed the OP had charts of the very real possibility of the storm making landfall. He did not say run for your lives, He simply stated that with a storm coming you might want to get your shopping out of the way' At least that is all I got from it.

You mean that vague probability diagram which showed that the storm may hit the South Eastern tip of Japan 1000 miles away from Fukoshima. The maps which did not mention that as the storm porgresses over cold watter it looses all its power? The maps that didn't make it clear that even if the typhoon did make it all the way up north it would be no more than a weak tropical storm by the time it got there?

Yup - I saw those, did you take the time to lok at them too?

And did you understand the sensationalist, tabloid headline panic inducing title of this thread? Do you understand the actual impact of a typhoon making a direct hit on the Fukoshima plant? That would have very serious global implications. This storm does not carry those risks, and it never did.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
By the time Songda reaches the NE coast of Japan it's be a common or garden every day spell of slightly wet and windy weather. This was obvious from the beginning (to anyone who knows the lightest about tropical cyclones). Fukushima has experienced far worse weather since the earthquake.

It's a non story

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Therian

And did you understand the sensationalist, tabloid headline panic inducing title of this thread? Do you understand the actual impact of a typhoon making a direct hit on the Fukoshima plant? That would have very serious global implications. This storm does not carry those risks, and it never did.

It's depressing, but I am now used to these threads. I'll read the OP with interest, then, usually on the 1st page, someone will explain why OP is not the case, or not what is being suggested, then I move onto the next thread straight away.

Which means that thanks to misleading, sensationalist thread titles, I am now susceptible to disinfo debunkers derailing legit threads.

I don't see ATS doing anything about this kind of thread. As soon as actual story deviates from thread title it should be closed down.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoyalBlue

Originally posted by Seagle

Actually, I notice when we're hit here in the states with a hurricane, almost two weeks to the date we get a second, a little weaker, version of the first hurricane following almost the same path. I always wondered why 2, same path, 2 weeks apart?

No, this does not always happen...if it was true there would have been two katrinas.....since u probably don't live in hurricane alley, you would have noticed that hurricanes have trajectory paths that they always follow....they go through the gulf of mexico or go up to the east coast...

Just because you saw a hurricane once go in a similar location doesn't mean it happens all the time....and i'm pretty sure no hurricane has hit the exact same location twice in 2 weeks, if so please tell me the names of the storms
edit on 28-5-2011 by Goradd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Stupid ass TEPCO and humans. I swear, I feel guilty being one. We have made everything so unnatural, and dangerous.

Anyways, hopefully nothing more happens to Japan, how is it that one of the most polite countries is being hit the hardest with all this #? It always seems that in life, the bitches get what they want and the good people are screwed over.

Sorry, end of my rant.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Avyuir

Maybe it's karma for all the evil atrocities they committed last century?

Or maybe it's just what happens if you live where tropical cyclones hit several times a year and earthquakes every day? Bit like asking why oh why do the poor folk in tornado alley keep getting hit by tornadoes? Or the poor people living in the Ganges delta keep having their homes flooded out?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join