It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING!!! Super Typhoon Songda Expected to HIT Fukushima.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Source:www.jma.go.jp...

Tropical cyclones do not necessarily move along the lines
connecting the centers of probability circles.
Unit:
1KT(knot) = 1.852 km/h = 0.5144 m/s
1NM(nautical mile) = 1.852 km

Songda was upgraded to super typhoon (category 5 ) status at 3 p.m., around the same time Okinawa entered Tropical Cyclone Condition of Readiness 3, meaning destructive winds of 58 mph or greater are expected within 48 hours. If you haven’t cleaned up around the office or home and made that commissary, gas station and ATM run, Friday’s the time to do so. Expect long lines, so plan your trips early.

Timeline:

Onset of 58-mph gusts, 9 a.m. Saturday.
Onset of sustained 58-mph winds, noon Saturday.
Maximum wind gusts expected, 132 mph between noon and midnight Saturday.
Subsiding of 58-mph gusts forecast for 6 a.m. Sunday.
edit on 26-5-2011 by smartbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
wow, i wonder if there is any danger to the crippled fukushima nuclear powerplant, keep us posted about future developments

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Well, it's official... Mother Nature is pissed!

They had better entomb those reactors before this happens, or else!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I know this isn't good, but it sounds like nature might do the work of the workers for a bit.

EDIT: Could you supply the link to your information?
edit on 26-5-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I noticed this on RSOE EDIS.

link; hisz.rsoe.hu...

This inst going to help the situation of Fukushima at all, maybe the MSM will put focus back onto it, hate the fact its not in the news no more and we all know its slowly degenerating.
edit on 26-5-2011 by Wolvo because: typo

edit on 26-5-2011 by Wolvo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
If that storm follows that projected path, then the tidal/storm surge could bring this whole saga to a very tragic end.

edit on 26-5-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

+25 more 
posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
That's just what the world needs right now:

A Nuclear Typhoon

edit on 26-5-2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolvo

Well NHK is always posting updates about the status of the powerplant, i know that other MSM are worried with other issues, but i must say...we are living is some bad times right now, bad economies, wars and riots

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Just out of curiosity, since the radiation is in the atmosphere and the radioactive water is being dumped in the ocean, how can this be any worse? Are we going to see larger concentrations of radiation making it's way across the ocean?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by baraka

Saying that there isn't much information about Libya ? its all state visits and super injunctions, bunch of balls.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon
That's just what the world needs right now:

A Nuclear Typhoon

edit on 26-5-2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

I'm pretty super "Nuclear Typhoon" would fall under "Armageddon" in the dictionary.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by smartbuddy

not to be Gross, but can Anyone think of a better way to get the -Island Country- Cleaned-up?

blow all the Tsunami debris out to the ocean,,, quick,, and then,, Send in the Developers...

+27 more 
posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Fukushima is not expected to be hit by a super typhoon. That warning you posted (would be nice to provide the link) seems to be for Okinawa.

Songda is forecast to remain offshore of Japan. When it encounters cold water as it moves north it will rapidly lose strength. By the time it reaches the 35th parallel it is forecast to be well below hurricane strength.
www.hurricanezone.net...

edit on 5/26/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by satron
Just out of curiosity, since the radiation is in the atmosphere and the radioactive water is being dumped in the ocean, how can this be any worse? Are we going to see larger concentrations of radiation making it's way across the ocean?

Worst case, storm eye gets close to Fukushima plant, is a powerful storm with 200mph winds... Those winds and a storm surge of 20 feet or more could destroy what is left of that plant, and scatter tons of spent fuel all over the mainland around the plant, a lot of it could be taken into the storm and dispersed into the atmosphere.

Bottom line, this could potentially be as damaging as the EQ and tsunami were, to an already severely damaged plant... Everyone on site will have to be evacuated prior to the storm.

Lets hope it doesn't go like that, and that it weakens, or changes course!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
You don't have permission to access /tcgraphics/wp0411.gif on this server.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Yeah, I saw that movie.... it didn't end well for humanity.

Can I mail Japan a Home Depot gift card so they can buy some concrete and boron before they kill us all?

Whether the typoon directly hits or not, the air being pulled into this system expands over the affected region. The fact that Japan refuses to end the campaign to salvage this fiasco is unnerving. They've already had to close another plant for fear of a new earthquake, yet decided to go forth with plans on opening new reactors all over the country.

What's it called when you do something over and over again, expecting a different result?
edit on 26-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by baraka

Sorry. Try this one.
www.hurricanezone.net...

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Thanks Phage,

I was just reading there when you posted. The Super Typhoon SONGDA Prognostic Reasoning that is.

A TRACK OVER SOUTHERN HONSHU DOES NOT SEEM LIKELY AT THIS TIME.

edit on 5/26/11 by makeitso because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage saves the planet.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by smartbuddy

will it cool the reactors? the radiation thigns that are overheated, i don't much about anything concerning that stuff
edit on 5/26/2011 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join