It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could This Be True? ELEnin is Not A Comet But a type of Ship being Piloted?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
If this NEO does end up being a piloted space craft - I guess that would mean that worm holes don't exist within our solar system.
That's about the only definite idea I can come up with if this is indeed a ship being flown towards Earth.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Hmm, spaceship? Not likely. Two major reasons.

1. It's about two miles wide (3-4 km). How many sentient beings, plus supplies, plus propulsion and life support can you fit into a ship that size? Here's a frame of reference:

Go here for full sized image:

Ok, hold that thought. Yes, you can have that BIG of a spaceship, obviously, but,

2. It's traveling at 36 thousand mph (56k kph). While that may seem like fast to us earth dwellers, it's actually about the speed that Voyager 1 is traveling at, with no propulsion systems. Due to inertia, an object in motion stays in motion, and in a vacuum an object retains the relative velocity. Barring outside influences, of course. That said, the velocity calculations for Comet Elenin remains relatively constant. No propulsion systems. Of course, with any spaceship, the occupants usually say set coordinates, and make it so, and you get there at the fastest speed possible, right? This would happen to be pokey spaceship, following an orbital path as well. Hmm.

Interesting enough, the tail length of Comet Elenin is 900k km, and it will supposedly pass to within .32 AUs of the earth. (An AU is the distance from the earth to the sun, the magic zone which supports life.) It's traveling at about 3.3 AUs per year. That is close. To close for comfort if you ask me, especially since they keep revising the trajectory. Hmm. Due October 16th, reaching 6th magnitude brightness.

Of course, feel free to throw in a bible prophecy about something "shining" in the heavens, for all the world to see. It'll be bright, for sure. And yeah, most spaceships don't shine.

edit on 5/26/11 by Druid42 because: Image not scrolling, grrr, added link to source image.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I have been hearing more and more nonsense about Elenin lately, so I thought I'd post my thoughts on the subject.

I am a student of astronomy. I do research for the professor of Astronomy at my university, who is funded through, among other sources, NASA's Goddard Institute, specifically the Astrobiology division. They are mainly interested in the origins of life, and the possibility of life outside of Earth.

My professor has two main fields of expertise; young stellar disks, and comets. The two subjects are closely related, as comets are thought to form the same time a solar system is forming. Comets are a prime candidate for being the source of the volatile chemicals (including water) that made life possible on Earth, and since comets are assumed to form in all solar systems, it's natural to assume that other stars have comets full of volatiles whizzing around them.

As a research student, I study images taken from telescopes (generally Earth-bound ones) and analyze the chemical content. I've even had the opportunity to travel to a major telescope and observe a comet first-hand.

This fall, my professor will once again be booking time on a telescope to observe comet Elenin. This time next year, I'll be analyzing data from this observation. It is not a space ship. It is not a dwarf star. It is absolutely a comet, and by the end of next year, there will be dozens of papers written on its chemical content, its orbital path, and myriad other details. I can personally attest, Elenin is a perfectly normal comet, and I promise the ATS community, if I hear anything unusual about this comet from NASA-funded scientists who will be directly observing it during its approach to Earth, I will let you know. Don't hold your breath.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Terry is not a fool...I would listen to him.....

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

If the beings on board the ship are machines or are symbiotic biological/nano entities they'd have no need for worm holes, as they would likely never age. Thousands of years in flight wouldn't deflect their goal of planet hopping. Humans would need these holes in the universe to move in and out of time/space in a reasonable fashion, but our own limitations don't speak for the advancements of other beings.
That being said; being an Alien race and having the ability to travel from world to world via space craft, doesn't mean they have a means for accessing worm holes. People always assume aliens are far more advanced than we are. There's nothing saying they can't be a desperate race from a dying world who are only a little up the road from where we are now in terms of technology. We're not far from being able to lengthen our lives with the use of nano technology. Couple that small leap with massive space built vessels with internal atmospheric creating forests and gardens, and humans could be ready to do this sort of venture within the next half century.
If your world were dying, and money were no longer an object, and everyone began pushing for the sole goal of getting off world, how quickly could we achieve this goal. You'd see decades of technology developed in years or even months. Extinction is a hell of a motivator.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
ok .. well...I see a mistake already from the video, the guy is stating that Elenin is going to .058AU from the earth but what he's pointing to is Mars orbit not Earth orbit or am I totally missing what he's saying because @12:24 he's pointing to the Mars orbit and stating that it's earth when in the model it's clearing showing Mars orbit

Also, I don't really see his data how exactly this thing is being steered
edit on 26-5-2011 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

Uhm, they'd have lots of bugs on their windshields, due to the fact that the tail is 900,000 kilometers long. The tail is point away from the sun, true, as all comets do, but that'd be a crappy place to hide if you were trying to do a sneak attack on earth. That, and plodding along at 56,000 kph, with bugs on their windshields, I'd be like, "Who thought up this idea?"

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

I see your point and understand how our concept of time would be very different to those from another world. Thank you for explaining it it such detail.

I am fascinated by the mystery surrounding this object and not totally convinced that it is, in fact, a comet. My mind is still maleable and I hope it always is, unlike some. I know that we as a people do not know everything about what's outside Earth - let alone what exists outside the solar system. When someone closes their minds to the potetial of it being something other than fiction or a comet, I feel bad for them because they seem to believe that everything has been discovered. What if botanists decided that they've discovered all plant life on Earth and quit looking? Would we simply believe them because they are an expert in the field? Would WE call THEM crazy? That's the way I feel about people who have their minds made up about this NEO. They may be so-called experts, but until all the evidence is in, the responsible and professional thing to do is sit back and hope they're right, but keep an open mind and still examine any and all potential evidence. These are the type of experts I respect the most. In my opinion, most so-called experts need to be humbled.
edit on 26-5-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
If this NEO does end up being a piloted space craft - I guess that would mean that worm holes don't exist within our solar system.
That's about the only definite idea I can come up with if this is indeed a ship being flown towards Earth.

Unless worm holes have a size limit
I dunno

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Its just a theory, and line of sight doesn't dictate being directly behind something. When the moon eclipses the sun, the sun isn't directly behind the moon, there are millions of miles between the two.

reply to post by Afterthought

I understand where you're coming from. My theory was grounded in earth-based plausibility for the imagination impaired

Its viable that the object may be hidden behind some sort of cloaking to make it appear comet-like. The trajectory seems to be inconsistent, which is suspect. Human error is always an option, but human error makes me more on edge, not less. If it begins to slow down, and establishes an Earth orbit, I pity the fool who gets between me and the nearest cave

edit on 26-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Good point and duly noted!
I guess we'll have to wait for the exact size of ELEnin before we can make any true diagnosis. I've heard some sizes thrown around and masurements listed, but I'm just not convinced yet until I see it on a screen with proof of how it is being measured.
Anyone have any SOLID proof on its size yet?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Should be more like 6 ships if Sumerian lore is correct.

AX

FTNWO

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Hi everyone,i joined only because of this topic.
I have a fair question so please don't run over me like you do to so many members with questions here...
Here it goes:
If an amateur astronomer can see it and take pretty good picture,then why didn't NASA,one of the strongest space exploring agencies,made a picture of that comet?
And i have seen many claims coming from NASA that this comet is not a harm to earth or any planet in our solar system.
When someone is over-justifying,and don't give any concrete data i can't just take their words for granted,i would be considered a fool for doing so...
Maybe we are just thinking too hard but this situation is pretty strange.
God bless

P.S.And that Terral guy sounds like a very honest and instructed on the subject,but if you look it from our point of view,the middle class wouldn't make it even if we know for sure.What can we do,but wait and be nice to each other,and live our lives to the fullest.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

Maybe that's it! The caves!
Take a trip wth me ....

The ship approaches and everyone begins running underground - right into the dens of the aliens that have been living underground this whole time!

Man, we need a forum to brain storm places to run in the event that this thing does happen to be a space ship coming ths way!
Because believe me - if aliens are traveling in a hot rod like THAT or smart enough to conceal themselves behind a natural object - we're toast!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sprocket2cog
i bet when they get here the first thing they ask, is do you still have McDonald's???

more like incredulity - "You still have MacDonalds?
?"

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshOnMyTomatoes
I have been hearing more and more nonsense about Elenin lately, so I thought I'd post my thoughts on the subject.

I am a student of astronomy. I do research for the professor of Astronomy at my university, who is funded through, among other sources, NASA's Goddard Institute, specifically the Astrobiology division. They are mainly interested in the origins of life, and the possibility of life outside of Earth.

My professor has two main fields of expertise; young stellar disks, and comets. The two subjects are closely related, as comets are thought to form the same time a solar system is forming. Comets are a prime candidate for being the source of the volatile chemicals (including water) that made life possible on Earth, and since comets are assumed to form in all solar systems, it's natural to assume that other stars have comets full of volatiles whizzing around them.

As a research student, I study images taken from telescopes (generally Earth-bound ones) and analyze the chemical content. I've even had the opportunity to travel to a major telescope and observe a comet first-hand.

This fall, my professor will once again be booking time on a telescope to observe comet Elenin. This time next year, I'll be analyzing data from this observation. It is not a space ship. It is not a dwarf star. It is absolutely a comet, and by the end of next year, there will be dozens of papers written on its chemical content, its orbital path, and myriad other details. I can personally attest, Elenin is a perfectly normal comet, and I promise the ATS community, if I hear anything unusual about this comet from NASA-funded scientists who will be directly observing it during its approach to Earth, I will let you know. Don't hold your breath.

This is the most logical and decent post in the topic, and no one even consider it?
C´mon! use your brain cells!
It is a comet! enjoy the wonderful view of it when it comes, for a show like may only comes once in a lifetime. Enjoy the beauty of it.
Stop thinking nonsense.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

Good point. Here is the thing, people. There have been reports of ET Craft/Alien Spaceships/UFOs for many years from all walks of life, I think they are here already, only in another dimension, that is why we don't see them all the time. That being said, if [THEY] and I use that word loosely, want us to see them coming, then it would have to be a long, drawn out thing, to be in line with our understanding is physics, and our knowledge, or lack thereof, of the Universe and it's workings.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AshOnMyTomatoes

Personally, I just don't know, and I never claimed to.
I have no reason to doubt what you say.
I just have a question, and would like to hear your opinion about it.

IF, what is in this video is true. about certain factors along the timeline changing, while the end result of when the perigee is actually reached stays the same. what could have caused this?

Or might it just simply be that the original calculations were flawed?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I reserve making an opinion on this until we see what we can see of it on close approach, although I do think it is a natural object.

Interesting info on planetary alignments, Elenin, and earthquakes, at Cornell University..

Cornell Uni info

I can't pretend to understand all of what is involved but do find it interesting anyway.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

There's always the option of new players at the table. There may very well be aliens here already, and its looking like humanity may have had aliens serving as Guardian Angels, shaping our destiny from day one. Why? Who knows? Maybe they're prepping us for some intergalatic union. Set us up, gives us some commandments to follow, then poke their noses in every once in a while to feed us tech and pearls of wisdom, until we're mentally/spiritually ready. We may even be genetic hybrids of an alien race, mixing alien DNA with the nearest earth species (the ape), so that we could live here after our own world died. Afterall; beings don't fair well on alien worlds (one of the more accurate parts of the movie 'Avatar')
None of this changes the idea of a new race of aliens roaming through the universe and stumbling across a lone planet throwing off all manner of frequencies, just begging to be discovered.

Or it could just be a comet.

But where's the fun in that?
edit on 26-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join