It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media blowing things out of proportion....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Sometimes I really cannot stand the media. I understand we need to know about certain things...but when they go on and on about us not really being ready for another attack or our security is still not where it needs to be or we are very vulerable to chemical attacks....HELLO!! Why not make an annoucement and INVITE ALL of the terrorist to come and get us. They just throw it out there for everyone to see! MAKES ME MAD!

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
There is no one on this site that can honestly say the media does NOT have an agenda and yes that includes FOX so calm down ECK.

Anything that Rather or Brokaw can do to make BUSH look bad they will do.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The media blows! and its about time people start realizing it. All it is, is a bunch of crazies trying to scare everyone.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
May I suggest a film called Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's war on journalism

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anthsbabe
Sometimes I really cannot stand the media. I understand we need to know about certain things...but when they go on and on about us not really being ready for another attack or our security is still not where it needs to be or we are very vulerable to chemical attacks....HELLO!! Why not make an annoucement and INVITE ALL of the terrorist to come and get us. They just throw it out there for everyone to see! MAKES ME MAD!

they are trying to make the rest of us worry about our own safety/security so that we are kept ignorant of other, important things. ignorance is bliss and the blissful dont ask questions.

[edit on 8/20/2004 by s13guy]

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Yeah, I just had the same epiphany about the media and it's control on our perception of truth.

I've stopped watching the news but I don't like the penalty incurred by being out of touch with the world. To keep up in current events, are there any alternative news sources that are more unbiased or should I just follow mainstream media with a suspiciously careful filter.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
the BBC, Real Time With Bill Maher are good sources. ill try to post some links of alt news sources later..

[edit on 8/20/2004 by s13guy]

top topics

join