It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff's deputy, 2 others arrested in Arizona human trafficking bust

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Sheriff's deputy, 2 others arrested in Arizona human trafficking bust

www.cnn.com

Deputy Alfredo Navarrette, who had been a member of a unit targeting human smuggling, faces felony charges connected to human smuggling, money laundering and participating in a crime syndicate, Arpaio said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
As the article states, no one is immune to the long hand of human smuggling and illegal immigration.
The very state that is the flagship for immigration control just got punched.
But I will give a lot of credit to the sheriff's office for keeping eyes open internally, and for not sweeping this under the rug.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Going at this rate, he has had 12 cops of his under arrest for the same charge.

Since yesterday he's been on a ball catching them, 2 yesterday morning, then someone posted another 2, then another 2, and so on, this just keep rolling.

That sheriff is a lunatic, look at his posse- all involved in the drug cartels.

.. wait? same ones, reported ? Nah, say it aint so!!!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

I see that now. Guilty of PBC, posting before coffee.
Now if the office that takes a tough stamp on illegal immigration is this riddled, how bad are other areas?
But at the same time, Maricopa County is huge. Phoenix is now larger then Philadelphia in population, putting it as the fifth largest city in the US.
So statistically speaking, 12 so far might not be that bad.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I'm not comfortable with anything about Arpaio. I'd like to be a fly on the wall of that Sheriffs Office. I have a feeling Joe Arpaio's and his department's "fame" have done some twisty things to them.

From the start I've had some serious discomfort with his treatment of prisoners. I wouldn't want a relative treated like that, lawbreaker or not. The fact that it's just shy of "cruel and unusual" doesn't impress me. The whole thing just reeks, particularly because we are all--illegal immigrants and citizens alike--the victims of much larger and more horrendous crimes against humanity. It just galls me that our response to the crimes of the elites who control and victimize us all is target and victimize our fellow human beings.

In the end it wouldn't surprise me to find out that Sheriff Joe knew more about what goes on than he pretends, and is offering up some scapegoats to take some heat off himself.

In any case, criminality under color of authority is much worse that criminality in striving to care for your family. And I hope all the guilty parties are found. That's my opinion....

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
As the article states, no one is immune to the long hand of human smuggling and illegal immigration.
The very state that is the flagship for immigration control just got punched.

Or you can look at it the other way. They were "punched" earlier when these cops were doing crooked things. Now they've been "punched" back and are going to jail.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
"Nickel Bag Joe" as he is known in Arizona, is under investigation himself by the Federal Government for shifty things he has been doing himself over the years. Folks either love him or hate him...seems like there is no in-between. I too think he is making these "busts" due to his own investigation by the Feds.

The tents he uses aren't JUST for the folks convicted of crimes- even those held for hearings or trial, and not actually convicted yet, must live under these conditions, in the bitter cold of desert nights in winter, to the blistering hot heat of an Arizona summer, which is only magnified by the tents. His bragging about feeding his prisoners on one dollar a day is absolutely absurd....he feeds them baloney sandwiches once a day, with NO breakfast, and a meager dinner at the end of a long day's work. After you are convicted, you get moved to "cushier" quarters in the actual jailhouse itself. These folks, who still have rights, are being treated worse than most treat their pets. Sickening.

I truly hope someone comes in and cleans the whole department out. They are all in cahoots together. This guy is a power hungry, scary dude I wouldn't want anywhere NEAR my family or friends.

The "Nickel Bag Joe" nickname he has is due to the fact that he likes to bust Latinos for petty amounts of drugs.(usually marijuana) He and his cohorts block off an entire neighborhood and search everyone(and their vehicles) who comes in or out at the time they are doing it. Almost always Latino neighborhoods at that. I'd love to see this guy get what he deserves.

Peace!!
SK

top topics

join