It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Densest Matter Created in LHC

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Well if this stuff is the next best thing to a black hole, can they please just stop there!! I'm no scientist and until they start explaining WTH they're doing in LAYMAN'S TERMS so we can ALL understand, it just scares the sh!t out of me

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
There are MANY things that we don't know and I must say that if we ever want to truly know nature then we must EXPLORE! Unless people wish to remain in the dark ages then we must push forth with science as well as philosophy (which I equate to spiritualism). At this point there is NO going back! Life is dynamic and time goes onward.

If there is any question as how we should proceed then I think that the way is being put forth by CERN.

I have a strange feeling that there are people who would rather not push fourth with knowledge and I can understand that especially considering the phrase "curiosity killed the cat". However 'Pandora's box' has already been opened! We must push forward and find one of two things for our species! Either our end or the everlasting where we can eventually spread out among the stars.

For those who have doubts please understand that no matter what, the good people/scientists of this world DO NOT want to see this earth come to an end due to some outrageous project that could almost immediately put humanity to a stop. If you feel that this is the case (as this IS a conspiracy site) then I feel for you but I do not agree whatsoever with your thoughts.

I am a spiritualist and engineer and I guarantee you that all-in-all the better part of humanity wants to see through this dark time (even though it's supposed to be a time of enlightenment) and come through shining at the other end. The ONLY reason why this is even a dark time is due to politics and money!

I believe in both the spiritual and scientific side of nature. Do not give up hope. Do not give into the dark. Let us all try to achieve the unachievable positive aspect that we KNOW, as a species, we can achieve!

Peace and Respect,

-AS-
edit on 26-5-2011 by AeonStorm because: sp

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Tephra

These "theories" have been proven by science and mathematics. It's the reasons why that are the theories. That's why the research that they are doing is being done.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
At that thing in America that is similar to the LHC they apparently create black holes all the time, though they are so small they just evaporate or disappear in a way only black holes know how to.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
If a blackhole was created at the LHC it would be so small that it would disappear almost instantly. The chances of a dangerous one being created are even smaller then the chances of a super small one being created. So thats really really really small, so who is to say that it won't happen. Although chances are in a parallel/multi-verse it happened.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I am more concerned with a portal than a black hole, perhaps black holes are created at 75% and at 100% time rips (portal).

As far as the science, theirs that word "FOREVER" so if you stir something forever than the universe is forever which is also a small connection towards God. I wonder where all of this is heading. Because something will hapepen
edit on 26-5-2011 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

The closes dimension to ours is probably a negative one, we certainly have the tendency to create more chaos than peace
edit on 26-5-2011 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Nothing to worry about here folks.

These chaps playing with the LHC have worked all this out using an HB pencil and a sheet of foolscap paper filled with wiggly lines and mysterious equations.

Of course it does seem at first glance what they have created is as much use as a chocolate teapot (which would last longer and therefore perhaps an unfair comparison) They will batter on regardless until something happens which will bring them to the conclusion that HB pencils and foolscap paper was the safest way to play with things they do not understand.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Dear Mankind
First, Cure the common cold then try to play God.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

Right on! It would have taken me a while to formulate such an excellent statement as eloquently as you.
To those of you worried about the immense temperature generated by this experiment, check this out: Pistol Crab Shoots Fireballs as Hot as the Sun! Perhaps that will put into perspective the fact that super high temperatures on very small scales, for incredibly short durations, are actually rather insignificant, yet still really cool.
Findings like these are the one thing that give men like me hope. While science cannot give us the definitive answer to the meaning of life like religion claims to do for some, it certainly could make our lives a lot more meaningful if we were to focus our collective energy into creation and exploration. You decide which is more profound.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by foreshadower99

Please tell me how they created something 10 times hotter than the sun and did't have any problems?

It was a zillion squillion times smaller than the Sun, and only existed for a brillionth of an eyeblink.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5147220c2501.jpg[/atsimg]

I don't think I would want to work there...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Tephra

Evolution is a fact, and so is the big bang theory (it's just the part before the big bang we are unsure of)

This is the science and technology forum anyway, so keep your uneducated opinions outside

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by HighMaintenance

Basically they are smashing sub atomic particles together at very high speeds to determine what the universe was like right after the big bang. We're talking about trillionths of a second here. Miniature black holes are of no danger to us, the amount of time that they would take to consume the earth would be several magnitudes higher than the total age of the universe.

Plus, we are bombarded with thousands of mini black holes every day from space.

That help?

<< 1   >>

join