It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

does Alex jones not know what a pentagram is!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
okay if you know who Alex is dont ask me who he is, damn the nerve of some people.....

anyways i remember a few months ago he was blabbering about how the government wants to sterilize us to the great extent

but after like 5 minutes he goes from that to saying "they are the same people who sacrifice goats on upside down stars"

uh that sir is called a friggin pentagram... here is the picture

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CrazyBear

Unless he plans to sell several DVDs or Books about it, probably not. The guy is a joke, completely and 100% co-opted. He won't even dare discuss Israel anymore. He takes a kernel of truth, eats it, craps it out, adds a layer of ridiculousness ontop of the fecal matter, then uploads it to youtube.

And yes, I followed that guy down the rabbit hole and if not for him I might not have fully "woken up".

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I, for the most part, like Alex and the stories he brings to us (could do without most of the editorials he forces) but man, there are times I feel that I must question his intellect. And that begs many more questions from me about the whole Alex phenom that he has become and just what type of person equates his largest demographic.

"I think I was just attacked, you know - inside my soul, by that one guy. That red, gnarly old goat dude that likes upside down stars."

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Actually, its a pentacle. A pentagram is the star w/out the circle. The inverted pentacle is the symbol used by satanists. The inverted version is suppose to represent a goat with the horns ,ears, and chin.
edit on 26-5-2011 by Otsego because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

More like he doesnt care what it is who the hell honestly gives a crap about a pentagram. This is a total non issue
Maybe Im missing the point

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I prefer the term upside down star, it really brings home what it means.

Whats a star? Our sun? Is this a material universe, or energy waves/hologram? The stars are the input system, projector of the hologram, and stream the programs from the God/Goodness, the Family of Light, the Creators/Designers.

In this duality school where we learn to love eventually, help each other and treat each other like one family, when we get it right, we go home to where dreams come true. But here, in the school, there is also the opposite of light, the abyss, the shadow, the gravity of guilt, and temporal winterlands.

I never thought of it as an upside star, but that pretty much indicates what is meant, the opposite of Light, the shadow, channeling in projections from the abyss.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
50 thousand natives were sterilized by tetanus vaccines
OP
you do them a great injustice
your mama wasn't one of them

while the OP is ranting incoherantly about nothing while making liight of what is really inportant
here is a little taste of what is important
muse.jhu.edu.../journals/american_indian_quarterly/v024/24.3lawrence.html

like I said
To bad it wasn't your mom OP

and unlike you
insulting Jones when he isn't here to defend himself

I'm insulting yourself while you are....

oh yes Megaphoney

edit on 26-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I think that he is afraid to call it by it's real name.
Kinda like not being allowed to say Voldemort in the Harry Potter Books.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Do you know what a pentagram is? Your picture is an inverted pentacle.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Otsego

Actually, its a pentacle. A pentagram is the star w/out the circle. The inverted pentacle is the symbol used by satanists. The inverted version is suppose to represent a goat with the horns ,ears, and chin.
edit on 26-5-2011 by Otsego because: (no reason given)

The pentagram and/or pentacle have nothing to do with satanism. You are thinking of the sigil of baphomet, which includes an inverted pentacle.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
[
The pentagram and/or pentacle have nothing to do with satanism. You are thinking of the sigil of baphomet, which includes an inverted pentacle.

To say the Pentagram has "nothing to do with Satanism" is clearly wrong.
What research could lead to this conclusion?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bobbs

To say the Pentagram has "nothing to do with Satanism" is clearly wrong.
What research could lead to this conclusion?

The fact that the symbol predates the IDEA of satan. It is only modern association which makes you think it does have anything to do with satanism. Pentagrams were used by pagans and occultists long before the christians decided there was a satan.

Again, you are thinking of the sigil of baphomet, which does contain and inverted pentacle, but isnt just a pentacle. The associations of the pentagram with satanism started with the heathenization of the Pagans by the christians.

The pentagram is no more a sign of satanism than the sun symbol has to do with NAZIism. The Nazi's used the inverted swastika, and through association now most people think that all swastikas are a nazi symbol, which simply isnt true.
edit on 26-5-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-5-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Otsego

Actually, a Pentacle is just the 5 pointed star, a pentagram is the 5 pointed star within a circle. I should know as I am wiccan (kinda, im in a spiritual transition and am currently making my own path)

And the only difference between inverted and right side up is the intent of the use. (usually an upside down pentagram is used for bad juju) then again, it depends on the user as to what one they want to use.

I hate how people associate this beautiful symbol with satanism when the Pentacle was used by many cultures and beliefs INCLUDING early Christians; as wearing the device which killed your savior was considered bad taste for some reason lol.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Jeez...now I don't know if I know what a pentagram is...off to google I go to see if they are wrong/right about this whole pentagram issue.

Maybe I need a lesson in Satanism and geometry to figure this out.

Now I understand why Alex was so confused.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

Don't be that guy.

PENTAGRAMS ARE NOT SATANIC!

Read my post above yours. or Google (just stay away from Christian based websites because everythings Satanism to them.)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mac420

I know this is not an authoritative site...but it was where I started...and it seem pretty clear that it has multiple meanings.

en.wikipedia.org...

So back to the question: Does Alex know what a pentagram is...it doesn't sound like it!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Alright, I think Alex Jones knows what a pentagram is. But, like all good scaremongers he also knows how to play up a story. Saying that they were "sacrificing goats on an upside down star" clearly informs the viewer that he is relating this story to Satanic influences. He doesn't need to say "they sacrificed goats on a satanic pentacle" because it is clearly implied. None the less, the information on this thread alone about pentagrams and pentacles is enough to drive anyone both ways.

Pentagram is simply a five-pointed star symbol. There is no circle, and no intrinsic association to it. Will, and intent give a pentagram it's power and association. When the single point is facing up the pentagram represents the mastery of Spirit over Matter (the 4 elements, one for each lower point). When two points are facing up then it represents the reversal: Matter dominating the Spirit. Neither of these is inherently "satanic". Satanic philosophy, as taught by Anton LaVey, implies that there is no afterlife, or lofty, fluffy ambitious goodness waiting beyond this life. Therefore, LaVeyian Satanism proposes that Matter (the physical universe) is more important than Spirit (the metaphysical universe). That is why the inverted pentagram has associations with Satanism.

Pentacles are pentagrams, encased by the circle. The circle has various association: the divine feminine; Karma; Hindu reincarnation associations; the Oroborous; and more. While the pentagram is meant as a symbol of power, intent, and energy, the pentacle is meant to be a symbol of permanence, protection, and recognition of forces/powers pervading the universe. You don't wear a pentagram; you create it in your minds eye, with your magick wand, or out of some sacred substance. You do wear a pentacle (inverted or right-side up) to symbolize your acceptance of certain supernatural forces at work throughout the universe.

I hope this helps clarify some things.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

everything has more than one meaning. as i stated the crucifix was at one time looked at as a way to mock Christ and was seen as disrespectful.

What it is- is different than what it is called by people.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I thought the 5 pointed star had a meaning to freemasons. If you map earths venus and earths planetary position relitive to one another over a certain period of time, it will create a pentacle or whatever. Not satanic, although there is some strange stigma regarding venus with demonic/reptilian entites. Also, i dont think the star could predate the idea of "satan" because, as i understand it satan is the current name for the universes destructive forces, so i think "satan" existed while venus and earth were still swirling gases.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The inverted pentacle is also used by some very nice wiccans as their 2nd degree symbol.

It does not always have to do with Satanism.

FTR, the pentacle used to be used by Christians - before the cross it was a symbol that was used to denote Christians, as it stood for the star of Bethlehem that stood over the nativity.

I like Alex Jones but he's been brainwashed by protestants that want to keep control over their Christian congregations - they erroneously tell their people that ALL occultists are dark and evil, as if they have the monopoly on light and right.

He does pagans a huge insult when he rails against them. Pagans happened to be demonstrating against the Bohemian Grove before he ever got there, so he wants to come in, call them evil and dark, then do the same thing.

It's ugly of him - but he maybe knows not what he does. There's conspiracies enough without dragging a minority religion through the mud to get attention.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join