It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oops! FBI agent seizes Ferrari for 'investigation', takes it for a test spin.. and smashes it (the

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by PplVSNWO

That's on the higher side, You can get one for around 370 000, Just not sure about the U.S but sure the F50 does go for a ridiculous price considering its age and comfort. The usual Ferrari will range from about (used) 25,000 pounds.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

The F40 might go for that price. I did a search and only found one for sale, it was on a dupont site and was going for 675,000. The prices of the F50 in the US have gone up the last several years.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The details are limited here.

The facts may show something else. Maybe the agent did it on his own. Well, the FBI shouldn't be held accountable that agent should be.

Now, if he was ordered to take it out and do evidence/info/evaulation of the vehicle by his boss-then yes they should be held somewhat accountable.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I don't know what I have less of: Compassion for FBI agent or Compassion for Rich person

I think they both deserve it, but in the end, it's the U.S. Taxpayer who will have to foot the bill.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
They are merely stalling hoping the owner isn't smart enough to get a lawyer.

The FBI Agent had his own private car insurance and a good Lawyer would get the maximum amount of Property Damage that policy had from the private insurance. The FBI Agent can be taken to court for Property Damage and he could have a Collections Agency after him for the next 7 years. Merely stating in court his "free driving' of that vehicle wasn't official FBI business. The FBI would concur in court.

Bam lots of money cuz your getting that guys house as well.

Then take the FBI to court for failing to secure their seized asset. They'd be held liable as well.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon
I don't know what I have less of: Compassion for FBI agent or Compassion for Rich person

I think they both deserve it, but in the end, it's the U.S. Taxpayer who will have to foot the bill.

Who are you to judge this person simply because they have more money than you do? You do not know how this person became "rich". For all you know he may have built a company from the ground up and donates a portion of his profits to sickly orphans. So who are you to have no compassion for the loss of someone's hard-earned property at the hands of incompetence simply because said property cost more than yours?

Judge people for their actions, nothing else.
edit on 5/26/2011 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by PplVSNWO

Yup could be the U.S prices.

By the way my uncle had one when I was a kid, And only his dog was ever allowed to ride shotgun. I used to sit on the body behind the seats.
, This was back in 1997.
edit on 26-5-2011 by Serizawa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by azbowhunter
This reminds me of an issue that happened to a friend of mine a few years ago.

He had the most bad*** '76 Stingray on the planet. He had dumped GOBS of money into this car as it was intended to be a showcar.

One tragic night, some POS stole the car and it was never heard from again. (It was not insureed).

After about a year, he received a phone call from our local PD and they informed him that they had found the car. His elation was soon ended when the cop on the other line informed him that they will NOT be returning him his car, but that he had an opportunity to retain ownership in a fair auction.

It seems that the dirtbag that stole the car was also a bigtime drug dealer and had been arrested. All of his belongings INCLUDING STOLEN ITEMS found in his house, were to be auctioned off under the terms of the RICO Act.

He never did get the car back, and he is STILL going through the legal "blah-blah-blah" in his attempt in suing the PD and all agencies involved.

Totally sucks.

Of course, the story presented by the OP is horrendous as well.

Where is the line between "legal" and "WTF?"

Call BS on this. If the stolen flag had been entered in AZ NCIC system the original owner would have received it back regardless. Just because the guilt is against the asset does not mean that an "innocent" owner, with vested interest, does not exist, which means that they have fair dibs to the asset, first and foremost.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Warning to the FBI:

These vehicles have waaaaaaay more power than the POS Crown Vic's or Grand Marquis' you guys are issued.

Besides, I thought the FBI did a thorough background search to weed out 'idiots'. Man was I wrong!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Dude that's a sweet car I would have drove it too,,,but In the end If caught...I should be fired and my employer should pay for the car...

Because they hired a car nut like me , and they are responsible for my actions , the way a captain is for his troops...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

I'm not "judging" the rich person. I simply feel NO PITY for a rich dude whose poor little Ferrari got banged up.

No pity what-so-ever.

That's not judging. You however, I do judge to be a shill for rich people. You should bow down now and kiss their boots.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

reply to post by eNumbra

I'm not "judging" the rich person. I simply feel NO PITY for a rich dude whose poor little Ferrari got banged up.

No pity what-so-ever.

That's not judging. You however, I do judge to be a shill for rich people. You should bow down now and kiss their boots.

You feel no compassion for someone who was wronged because he is rich.

You are judging him to be less worth your compassion than anyone else, to you he has less worth. I wouldn't expect you to understand such a simple concept considering you stooped to calling me a shill because I don't hate rich people just because they're rich.

Actions in all cases take precedent, this "horrible" rich man was wronged by a group of thugs who everyday have increasingly more contempt for the very laws they're paid to enforce.
edit on 5/27/2011 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
WOW amazing. If anyone else had done that it would be considered theft and they would be jailed and responsible for the fees and replacement of the car or the money equal to its value.

I would be LIVID if this was my car. What made that agent even think he had any right to take it for a spin?

This makes me think of my friend who was stopped at a light and a cop rear ended HER and SHE got the ticket! Her car was totaled in the back. In any other case the person who does the rear ending gets ticketed but this cop is an exception!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Are the Feds idiots? Undoubtedly. Should we cry a river for the rich man and his toy? Not a drop.

Does he have a right to sue you and me (taxpayers) via the U.S. Government because of those idiot Feds? He sure does.

So tell me why, again, you feel pity for a man who, in the end, will get his shiny new Ferrari back, won't lose a penny, but YOU and I will end up paying for it?

You're compassion and pity are grossly misplaced.

edit on 27-5-2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

reply to post by eNumbra

Are the Feds idiots? Undoubtedly. Should we cry a river for the rich man and his toy? Not a drop.
No one is telling you to cry a river.

So tell me why, again, you feel pity for a man who, in the end, will get his shiny new Ferrari back, won't lose a penny, but YOU and I will end up paying for it?

Because the more the fed is held accountable the less invulnerable and omnipotent it appears. Am I happy I should have to pay for his Ferarri? No. Am I angry at him or the Feds? The Feds.

You think he should suffer because he can afford to?

You're compassion and pity are grossly misplaced.

Hardly. I spare compassion for those who deserve it. IE those who have been wronged by someone regardless of their financial status.

We're all being screwed by the feds. They're the ones who trashed the car. Would you be less angry if it were a Ford Taurus; that way you can't make assumptions about the owners wealth.
edit on 5/27/2011 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedonk

Don't be so shocked. If you rent your house, the person renting turns out to have a lot of drugs, gets caught, they will take your house. The BS seizure laws are out of control bigtime....

On this particular post, I would be pretty pissed if some dumbass cop took a joyride in my car and busted it up like that.....

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedonk

What a bunch of idiots, eh?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

I felt the same way as him, at first. Then I remembered, the one and only time I have ever taken a ride in one of those badboys. Guy built a suit company from the ground up, him and his brother. Right before he sold his business, because his son was too stupid to see a good oppertunity and take over the company, he was making custom suits for companies like armani and goochi(pretty sure I butchered the spelling). Great guy. Even so, if it was a silverspoon fed brat, what is the difference really. A LEO, wrecked his property, it is wrong wether it is a rich guy, or a poor guys hoopty hood ride.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

no but the new one will

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
Would you be less angry if it were a Ford Taurus; that way you can't make assumptions about the owners wealth.

That's my point, if it were a Ford Taurus that got smashed up, then it wouldn't even be in the news. Maybe a minor mention on the back page of the local paper.

Assumption of the person's wealth is the key to this, it's not about the car.

If the person is struggling, working long hours for meager pay, trying to raise kids, etc., and he can't afford a good attorney to recover his losses, then what the Feds did to his Ford Taurus is going to have a HUGE negative effect on his lifestyle and potentially set him back years (maybe loses job because can't drive to work now, etc.), he'll have to incur unnecessary debt to replace the Taurus, etc.

I'd feel sorry for that guy.

But a rich guy? It would probably cost the rich guy LESS money to just buy a new Ford Taurus than pay an expensive attorney to sue the US Gov't. Even so, it isn't going to "hurt" the rich guy in any real way that effects his life. He's going to continue to be able to continue his lifestyle, continue making more money, raise as many children as he wants, etc.

What's to feel sorry for? The dude is set.

edit on 27-5-2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join