It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel making state of the union address to...US congress??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Seriously what in the world is going on? Why is the US congress listening to an Israeli leader? Should they not be listening to the US president and the US citizens? The US citizens are calling for return to 1967 borders and in comes Netanyahoo and the US congress gives approximately 30 standing ovations to him?

Seriously if the US is divided about 50-50 on this Israel issue, it seems sure as hell that congress is not. There was almost unanimous support for Israel with the US congress. They support him more than they do Obama. What in the world is going on.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Seriously if the US is divided about 50-50 on this Israel issue, it seems sure as hell that congress is not. There was almost unanimous support for Israel with the US congress. They support him more than they do Obama. What in the world is going on.

One word "MONEY"

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Yeah, I agree, the whole Netanyahu visit is just weird. This entire situation as a whole is odd. I feel like we're watching a power struggle from the outside looking in.

Obama makes this grand gesture by announcing to everybody that America supports a Palestinian state and we're going to do it by simply returning the borders to the pre-1967 positions, as if Isreal has no choice but to comply.

Then, Netanyahu got angry and made the trip out here. They hold a press conference about the situation and Obama goes through the motions again.. Though it gets weird when Netanyahu flat out lays down the law and basically tells Obama to shove it.

Obama then goes on a trip to Europe, leaving Netanyahu here to talk with Congress and various levels of US government. It just doesn't sit right for me. It's like they're sending the figurehead on vacation while his handler cleans up the mess over here.

BTW, nice avatar. I've got Ron Swanson's shotgun ring tone on my phone. Anyways, back to the matter at hand.
edit on 5/26/11 by upgrayedd because: Addition

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by upgrayedd

Thanks, I just find it highly offense that congress is listening to anyone who is not an american and who does not have american interests at mind. Congress should be listening to US instead they are threatning texas with a no fly zone, trying to increase the patriot act, and refusing to send help to tornadoe victims...seriously this is getting out of hand.

PS: Yea that ringtone is hilarious. He is the only reason I watch the show. Has anyone ever been caught off guard.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Your avataar looks a lot like the Guy in "Open alll Hours" and the Guy in "Only Fools and Horses" not to mention .... I dont know about the things you say but, all I can say is we worship the words of the bible written by Jews, so whats so conspiracy like about anything else related to them?
We were conquered in heart by judaism so get used to it.
Or else what is your version of God?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Not all americans were conquered by judaism. There is a difference between judaism. True judaism and zionsim. A distinct difference. Zionists are not god loving people.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Not all americans were conquered by judaism. There is a difference between judaism. True judaism and zionsim. A distinct difference. Zionists are not god loving people.

So who do they worship ?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Satan. Who do you worship?
Satan = Israel

Not to mention a lot of americans do not care about israel. So why should the government care?
edit on 26-5-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

... Has anyone ever been caught off guard.

Yes, it went off full blast in the middle of a tech meeting. It got some good laughs but there were some puzzled/startled looks as well.

I really hadn't been keeping track of this story over the past few days, so Netanyahu addressing congress was definitely news to me. I guess I've been wrapped up in all of this tornado news to notice. I'll have to start paying attention to this because on the surface it seems like something rather historic is going down while no one is looking.

Thanks for posting this, a star and flag are coming your way.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

zionists worship money

and

the One World Economy

O.W.E.

as in you owe me money.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Satan. Who do you worship?
Satan = Israel

Not to mention a lot of americans do not care about israel. So why should the government care?
edit on 26-5-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

Me not certain what you sate mR Pro.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
i can't understand WHAT they want ??

they just recieved an aid package recently !!

from April 11, 2011 www.ynetnews.com...

US to help pay for Iron Dome

Democrats, republicans slated to approve 2011 budget this week enabling Obama to increase security aid to Israel, transfer $205 million for development of anti-missile system

Yitzhak Benhorin Published: 04.11.11, 08:36 / Israel News

WASHINGTON – The United States is slated to provide Israel with $430 million worth of security aid in the near future which will include $205 million allocated for the development of Iron Dome batteries.

Democrats and republicans are slated to finalize the 2011 budget in the coming days.

The delay in the approval of the funds was caused by foot-dragging in passing the budget in Congress.

The budget was meant to pass five months ago but partisan conflicts delayed its approval.

According to an agreement between the US and Israel for the next 10 years, 2011 aid was slated to grow to $3 billion (from $2.77 billion) in addition to an extra $205 million for the development of the Iron Dome system.

It is estimated Obama will sign the 2011 budget on Wednesday or Thursday.

don't remember if the U.S. press covered this .....

congress ok'd the "help" shortly after that school bus false flag "attack"....

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Exactly! Congress SHOULD by kept in quarantine, only allowed access by the American President, and never hearing the sides of those they shall make decisions about attacking or not, becoming allies with or not, etc.

They should be carefully limited in what they are allowed to be aware of, because basically they are a bunch of idiots who will sway with whatever they hear, no matter who it is from, and not be able to sort out information objectively.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Were you this mad when the president of Mexico spoke to a joint session of congress? What about when he said our appetite for drugs is destroying his country? What about when he lied and said our guns are destroying his country?

Did that upset you as much as a Jew speaking to our congress?
edit on 26-5-2011 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
i can't understand WHAT they want ??

they just recieved an aid package recently !!

from April 11, 2011 www.ynetnews.com...

don't remember if the U.S. press covered this .....

congress ok'd the "help" shortly after that school bus false flag "attack"....

What makes you think it were jews who attacked that school bus?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Great Post!!

Here is an article I wrote in response to his address;

I found it really surreal that congress was eating it up, clapping and agreeing with Netanyahu, during his rhetoric in a joint session of congress, on May 24, 2011. The standing ovation was pretty close to pandering for me, once our supposed leaders finally sat down, then John Boehner introduced Netanyahu, and up again ,Congress and its guests stood and applauded unilaterally, bi-partisanly, if you will, like a bunch of teenage girls at a Justin Bieber concert.
Yet, congress cannot unilaterally agree on any position that could benefit the American people, health care, fair tax reform, constitutional rights, stopping war, etc.
Netanyahu started with the alliance between America and Israel, how we need and protect each other, how America has no better friend or ally on this planet, greater than Israel. All the while I was getting chills; I kept picturing the souls lost on the USS Liberty, the dancing Israelis on 9-11, all acts of our best friends. (Quote from Netanyahu, “Israel has no better friend than America”)
At one point a protester yelled something, it was unclear to me what it was, and it only lasted about 8 seconds, before she was bum rushed out of the chambers. Netanyahu immediately stated that is what makes America and Israel great, “A badge of honor”, the fact that you can protest like that, “this can’t be done in the parliamentary halls of Tehran or Tripoli, this is real democracy.” Really? The fact that someone can stand up to voice their opposition, for a whole 8 seconds before being silenced is a tribute to a free society? To Freedom of speech?

To me Hitler or Stalin offered almost the same, you could certainly stand up and voice your opinion for 8 seconds, then you were also silenced, fortunately she was only silenced from voicing her opinion, whereas with Stalin or Hitler she would of most likely have been silenced forever. Thank God, we haven’t gotten that far yet. Then of course, that could be because the elite have learned that rather than make myrtars out of dissenters by permanently silencing them, it is much better to silence the opposition readily, remove them, and move along like it never happened, and, if for some reason that doesn’t work, just discredit any dissenters.

What I did find rather odd was the fact that not one single shot of the dissenter was shown, surely there was media from all over the world present, yet, not one picture of the dissenter being allowed to voice her opinion in this “Free Society?”
What I found more astounding was that there was no dissenting opinion. When the Republicans or Democrats are given the floor for a biased and unopposed speech, the other side is Always given an opposing viewpoint.
So, why? Would we allow a foreign dignitary to express his unopposed views in Our Congressional chambers?
Parker Cramer @(copyright) 2011

Parker

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

Yes I was mad, even more mad as a matter of fact when the mexian president spoke to my US congress. Thanks. Were you mad when the mexican president spoke? Were you mad when netanyahoo spoke? Or are you an american who secretly supports israel = traitor?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ParkerCramer

What I did find rather odd was the fact that not one single shot of the dissenter was shown, surely there was media from all over the world present, yet, not one picture of the dissenter being allowed to voice her opinion in this “Free Society?”

Thank you very much. Yes I was wondering what the dissenter was saying, and who it was. Sounded like some young girl at first. This is almost like the vet who was dragged off when hilary clinton was talking about free speech in the middle east. Yes that is right. A war vet was dragged off during a talk about free speech by hillary clinton

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

What about when he lied and said our guns are destroying his country?

ERRRrrrrr Wasn't the US Government caught bare A$$ed shipping guns to drug lords recently or something like that???

"ATF Let Hundreds of U.S. Weapons Fall into Hands of Suspected Mexican Gunrunners." Interesting blog by "an intelligence professional with eight years of military law enforcement experience, six years of analytical experience covering Latin America, and over four years of analytical experience covering Mexican DTOs and border violence issues.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Thank you very much. Yes I was wondering what the dissenter was saying, and who it was. Sounded like some young girl at first. This is almost like the vet who was dragged off when hilary clinton was talking about free speech in the middle east. Yes that is right. A war vet was dragged off during a talk about free speech by hillary clinton

YES, That was absolutely disgusting. He was an old man and did nothing but stand up and turn his back on her!

Protester who heckled Netanyahu in Congress allegedly beaten, arrested at hospital

CODEPINK activist Rae Abileah was arrested at the George Washington University Hospital in Washington D.C. after heckling Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, according to the anti-war group.

The 28-year-old Jewish American woman was allegedly tackled by members of the American-Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) during Netanyahu's speech to Congress after she yelled, "stop Israeli war crimes."

Abileah was taken to the George Washington University Hospital, where she was being treating for neck and shoulder injuries.

"You know I take it as a badge of honor, and so should you, that in our free societies that you can have protest," Netanyahu said after being interrupted by Abileah. "You can't have these protest in the farcical parliaments in Tehran or in Tripoli. This is real democracy."

Speaking from her hospital bed, Abileah said she was in "great pain" .....

So now we know how the USA treats "Free Speech" AND "The right to petition government for redress of grievances"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join