It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stupid Things You Used To Think

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I remember once as a kid riding in the family car, we got stuck behind a herd of sheep being driven down a canyon... Anyways, my little sister asked my parents, "Why do the sheepherders hurt the sheep?" We all had a good laugh at that one.

I used to believe if I closed my eyes really tight (and started seeing "stars") that I was really travelling faster than light to another place. I remember hiding behind the couch at times, travelling all over space. And I still have 20/20 vision today.

I also remember being told not to drink coffee 'cuz it would stunt my growth (i'm 6'2" now) or put hair on my chest (still waiting....rogaine is full of it).

My favorite was my mom told me when we ate Ramen noodles that they were pronounced ray-men noodles. I didn't hear the word Rah-men noodles til I was like 17 or 18 and was totally clueless as to what it was. *shakes fist at mom*

And another I remember as a kid...If I was quick enough with a spray paint can, I could paint the end of a rainbow and get the pot of gold. Yes, I am the sole reason for global warming. Thank god it was CFC's back then.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
ok here goes:

I used to think that if I looked at the sun long enough I would get superpowers. Sadly now I wear contacts.

I'm from the caribbean. Whenever we went to the airport to see someone off, my cousin thought we went to America and would brag about it when we returned home.

I used to think that when I closed my eyes and pressed my fingers on my eyelids I could eventually see the devil. I was about 10. My peers agreed with me. I still do it for fun sometimes.

I used to think I wasn't a virgin. I was

and finally I used to think that how many kids a person had meant that they had sex that many times (and ONLY that many times)
edit on 8-11-2011 by mugibara because: appending to post

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
When we went door-to-door on Hallowe'en, I always thought that the chant "Trick or Treat" was a magic, generic one-word term "Trikkertreet" (kind of like "abracadabra"). It wasn't until I saw "Trick or Treat" in writing and connected it with the word we called out at the household door that I realized it was a three-word ultimatum of sorts. I just figured that using the magical term Trikkertreet is what compelled people to put candy in your bag.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I used to think all my teddies were boys. Even the pink ones.

I used to think dino-swords were called that.

I used to think that when I went to the toilet things I couldn't see were watching me.

I used to think mum really did have eyes in the back of her head.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
This one is a bit UK-centric, so bear with me.

Growing up in the 70s, I used to think Norwich was really, really glamourous. Palm trees lining the sun-bathed streets full of beautiful people all basking in the riches that is Englands answer to Hollywood. Norwich was were dreams were made. The centre of the universe. I always wanted to go there to bask in the glory that was Norwich.

All because of a game show, called Sale of the Century. Yep, every week I would be transfixed by Sale of the Century, with it's ever so exciting "And now, from Norwich. It's the quiz of the week!" line, followed by pictures of shiny Austin 1000s, holiday apartments in Spain and assorted household goods. Oh. My God. The glamour. The excitement. The sheer unadulterared smell of money, good times and exuberance. To a lad brought up in the City of Liverpool it was quite heady stuff.

Imagine my disappointment when I finally got to visit Norwich when I was in my 20s....

Damn you, Nicholas Parsons. Damn you to Hull!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by Lighterside

Actually I was afraid of the toilet for awhile when I was little because I saw a movie poster for jaws and they had the shark coming out of the toilet. So yea, was afraid of the shark.

I went to see Jaws at the cinema when it first came to the UK and when I went to the toilet I'd got my very first period and I thought I'd shat myself. (The lighting was pretty bad in there.)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join