It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stupid Things You Used To Think

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
When I was a child, my older sibling convinced me that slivers would work their way into the blood vessels and invariably travel to the heart with fatal results.

She was also a very good story-teller and led me to believe that we were related to Pocahontas. I was so certain that she was telling the truth that I bragged to everyone at school about it and was humiliated to find that it was a total fabrication on her part.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I used to think sprite was green when I was little. I was pretty upset when I saw it poured into a regular clear glass. I also used to think that every person had good in them, and that people could change...now I'm not so certain

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I used to think the aliens were coming when the sky turned red
, I'll never forget that.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I used to think that streets with a sign that said
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3f7a66b7113e.gif[/atsimg]

meant that none of the houses had electric outlets

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/14dadf3732f9.jpg[/atsimg]

(Because there were already signs for dead end)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
My friend's Dad used to think that if you bent a water hose (to stop the flow) while it was on, it would explode and hurt you badly.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I thought as a kid if you stared at a tv that was off it would suck you into hell. That came about from my older brother thanks bro.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I know the fear of JAWS as well. I wouldn't go into the deep end of a pool for a couple of years, because I was afraid JAWS would get me. I was also the youngest of 4 so I was told a lot of things like that and believed them.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
That exhaust from tailpipes is what actually pushed the cars forward.

that this sign:

Littering
500 dollar fine.

Meant that if you paid 500 dollars, you were allowed to litter from then on. It's fine! A littering license!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DJKris

I use to think"chimney" was pronounced"chimley" lol.
strange but true,I'm ashamed to say.
s+f for making me giggle heehee.
oh and I use to say yarrgut instead of Yougourt lol
send her down lol
edit on 26/5/11 by cut3ypie because: spelling

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

hahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha,omg,for some reason that has had me roflmao.
ohh the tears are flowin,but in a giggles fit way..................oww my checks lol,thank you.
tickled me in the rite spot.I gave you a star as I needed cheering up.
sorry to go off topic bad me.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I lived with my uncle for a few months while my parents were having a house rehabbed and restored. These are the things he told me as fact:

That my grandfather ( his dad) was psychic.. and since I lived with the uncle, he would pass on info to grandpa andthey would fool the hell out of me.. about grandpa being psychic. He also said ghosts were around us all the time and Grandpa talked to them. HE said if I did something wrong and a ghost saw it, the ghost would tattle to grandpa. I actually believed this. LMAO!
He was a cop and told me a certain shovel was in his garage for when he had to scrape people off the road in car accidents. WHich I believed.
he told the me ice cream truck only played the music when they were out of icecream!
I loved coffee even as a little kid.. he told me if I drank too much Id turn black.
and my favorite:
He said he had a tattoo of a huge pirate ship on his back once. I wanted to see it so he took his shirt off.. I looked and didnt see anything. I told him I couldnt see it .. and he said " well, the damned thing must have sunk".
The list goes on and on... he was a rotten guy. LMAO!

Yrs later he told my oldest daughter the sign " slow children" meant that a retarded child lived on that street.

I cant IMAGINE why he has been divorced like 5 times....

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I use to think my life was going to be EASY!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Ice cream trucks music was on because there was no ice cream. ahahha thats classic

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

He said he had a tattoo of a huge pirate ship on his back once. I wanted to see it so he took his shirt off.. I looked and didnt see anything. I told him I couldnt see it .. and he said " well, the damned thing must have sunk".
The list goes on and on... he was a rotten guy. LMAO!

LMAO
I can just imagine his deadpan face as he said it hahaha!!!!

I was born in the 70's before disposable nappies/diapers and our neighbour a few doors away used to use a service that would pick up the dirty terry ones and drop off clean ones every few days. There was a big stork with a baby on the side of the van and I used to think they delivered the babies, I remember thinking they must be overrun with kids

When I was 15/16 (ahh so innocent) my mother (the DIY freak) was putting up coloured party lights around our patio, she jokingly said to my father who was watching her, 'Shall I put a red light above the door?' He chuckled and said, 'Nah put up a yellow one, it'll keep the insects away.' I then piped up and asked, 'Why? Do red lights attract them?' To which my father guffawed and said, 'YESSS!!' For quite a few years I thought red lights attracted insects
!!
edit on 26-5-2011 by HighMaintenance because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-5-2011 by HighMaintenance because: typoitis

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
i used to think the world used to be in black n white.
also used to think contrails were witches.
edit on 26-5-2011 by neonitus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I used to believe that Christopher Columbus discovered America.

I used to think wars were about helping and freeing people.

I used to think Westernization equated to being civilized and educated.

edit on 5/26/11 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJKris

"I used to think all dogs were male and cats were female"

I used to think that right up until I was about 8 and to an extent, subconsciously, I think I still do..
V.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I was recently having a chat with a friend of mine about where people came from and when talking about 1 singer her declared that she was a "Fallopian" he was adament that some one from the Philippines was a Fallopian and that it wasn't a tube in a womans body that carries the egg from the ovary as I had tried to explain!

He usually very intellegent, so this one tickled me a bit

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I used to think green beans were poison. My mom was always pushing the green beans. "Eat all your green beans" she'd say... My older brother told me she did that because they were poison. And I believed him.

Riding with my parents at night, I used to think that all the cars going the same direction we were had their red lights on and all the cars going the other way had their white lights on. (Thanks to my older sister.)

My siblings were rotten!

edit on 6/22/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I used to think I'd grow up to rule the world under a benign dictatorship. I even envisioned a bloodless war where I gassed everyone, etc. and then, when they woke up, I was in charge..

Then, as I became more of a realist (lol), I limited the goal to New Zealand (just because it's fairly isolated and beautiful, with all terrains and climes).

Somehow, I never pictured management and being behind a desk, but at least I'm still a kid at heart on my off time. I even got married in a castle like I wanted, and to my princess, so at least some of those wacky ideas came to pass.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join