It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daughter Says Lawson Slept With Dead Toddler

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

www.indianasnewscenter.com

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (Indiana's NewsCenter) - Shocking new details emerge in the trial of Latisha Lawson - a Fort Wayne mother accused of killing her two-year-old son while trying to rid him of demons.

She told authorities that in 2009 Jeziah was "demon possessed" and "left this Earth." Lawson said the toddler's tantrums were a main reason for that belief, and added that he would say names and asks questions that a typical two-year-old would not be able to do.

In detail, Lawson discussed pouring a vinegar and oil down Jeziah's throat more than once while he struggled and continued to
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
This makes me sick!!

It is sickening how people can blame an obvious mental issue, on a "demonic possession".

Seems to me this is just an easy scape goat, for this mother, to try and escape justice.

People always try to blame the "unexplained" when something they did, defies believe, or is so vile and evil that they feel the need to concoct a story to try and save their own skin.

vvv

www.indianasnewscenter.com (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Well, there goes starting the morning on a positive note.

Demonic or not, this is down right jaw-dropping to the point that I almost feel queasy. If you believe the child is possessed, take him to be examined. I don't even want to discuss the rest. Thanks for the news....kinda.
edit on 26-5-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ateuprto
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Well, there goes starting the morning on a positive note.

Demonic or not, this is down right jaw-dropping to the point that I almost feel queasy. If you believe the child is possessed, take him to be examined. I don't even want to discuss the rest. Thanks for the news....kinda.
edit on 26-5-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

Could not agree more. Proper head case.

Anyone that kills a child, deserves everything that they get. As a father of 3, if anyone harmed them, I would go to prison for a long time for what I would do. Such is the maternal/paternal bond that most people have.

It is the worst crime you can commit in my eyes. Sick.

Have a great day.........yeah right.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ateuprto

If you believe the child is possessed, take him to be examined. I don't even want to discuss the rest.

I agree with you, but I would alter this statement slightly:

If you believe the child is possessed, take yourself to be examined.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Yeah, I am from the town this is going on in, myself.

This story has been ongoing for a little while now. The woman is beyond sick in the head.

From what can be gathered from other stories about the case, the woman tried to do it to her other child, but that child survived it.

Personally, as the father of 3 kiddos, I just cannot fathom how some parents might get it into their heads to do such things to their little ones, but I've got an ex that I would not be surprised would try something along these lines... hence, why I have sole custody and she has no place in their lives at all.

Just weird headed people these days, I guess.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
This is one sick person ..I don't know how any mother could do this to there child this just makes me want to cry..Then trying to say he was possessed..I hope she gets life behind bars and the person that helped her also.. There both sick and disgusting...

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

Well, at least got a little bit of a positive note, thanks for the laugh. As for everyone else, spot on, the paternal instinct (and one must assume the maternal as well) is so strong and natural you must wonder what exactly must be wrong with this person mentally. They obviously aren't out shooting up random people on the street, it is not blind hatred. I have heard cases where completely sick and mentally deranged individuals still retain the natural urge to protect and care for their offspring. Must be a hell of a mental disease.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I don't believe in possession because there's no evidence that demons even exist to begin with. This is just plain ignorance. People who murder their children because they cannot be a parent or properly determine why the child is acting the way he/she does are simply making an excuse when they say they are possessed. It's disgusting we still have these primitive beliefs in a modern society. No different than a witch hunt.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Actually this kind of stuff was more common somewhat in our recent past. Sometimes the whole community sanctioned it, like the Salem Witch trials etc. Karma will work it all out in the end.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
someone should shove a gas filled balloon down HER throw, and a match up her Arse!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Actually this kind of stuff was more common somewhat in our recent past. Sometimes the whole community sanctioned it, like the Salem Witch trials etc. Karma will work it all out in the end.

In some religious communities they still sanction it...they are indoctrinated to believe demons or witch-craft are at the root of their problems instead of looking at their problems logically and determining the real cause. I'm sure that poor kid only had something like indigestion or something health related. No...her first conclusion was that he was 'demon possessed'...that's how ridiculous religion can be.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

www.indianasnewscenter.com

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (Indiana's NewsCenter) - Shocking new details emerge in the trial of Latisha Lawson - a Fort Wayne mother accused of killing her two-year-old son while trying to rid him of demons.

She told authorities that in 2009 Jeziah was "demon possessed" and "left this Earth." Lawson said the toddler's tantrums were a main reason for that belief, and added that he would say names and asks questions that a typical two-year-old would not be able to do.

In detail, Lawson discussed pouring a vinegar and oil down Jeziah's throat more than once while he struggled and continued to
(visit the link for the full news article)

I have never advocated the death penalty until now & even that is too good for this lowly form of life.

eye for an eye... putting it mildly.

-Bob

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
It says the babies body was mummified when they found it and had been sitting in a tote bag for a year!!!!!. oh my goodness. Im in indiana this is freakin nuts. humans.....oh humans you never cease to amaze me with your stupidity. I wonder what the 2 year old was saying that made him possessed. wow is all i can say now.

edit on 26-5-2011 by reesie45 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-5-2011 by reesie45 because: punctuation

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I feel sick and saddened. Right now, I am looking into the crib where my 4 month old is sleeping. I am also thinking of my 4 year old that is asleep in his room down the hall. I am so thankful that they are in my life.

To even 'pretend' to hurt them in my mind is impossible.

I don't understand the world sometimes, and more times than not..... I am ashamed of what we, as a people, have become.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Terrible two's does not equal demonic possession. Anyone who thinks so is absolutely insane!
My toddler has reached this stage, but as testing as the willful disobedience & tantrums can be sometimes, they pale into insignificance when you see this wonderful little personality burst forth.

Sadly though these so called exorcisms of children, for either being a demon or witch are shockingly on the rise in the West.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Terrible two's does not equal demonic possession. Anyone who thinks so is absolutely insane!
My toddler has reached this stage, but as testing as the willful disobedience & tantrums can be sometimes, they pale into insignificance when you see this wonderful little personality burst forth.

Sadly though these so called exorcisms of children, for either being a demon or witch are shockingly on the rise in the West.

My youngest is 2 also, and very trying at times. As you mentioned, the terrible two's is certainly interesting times but definitely not a demonic stage. Clearly there was more to the mother than meets the eyes

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
nobody does anything wrong given their model of the world

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I just wanted to point out the most disturbing sections of the article before I say my piece...

She told officers where to find the tote holding her son's dead body.

Further testimony from the detective in this case revealed that family members first contacted law enforcement about a missing child, but further investigation revealed something much more serious had taken place.

At the time of his interview with Lawson, Jeziah King had been dead for more than a year.

Lawson's daughter said her mother and Hawkins would sleep with the boy's dead body on the bed - one lying on either side. After some time, the body was moved into a tote and then put into the closet. She said, "they would open up the closet and it would have this odor to it."

One officer also said that it appeared the tote, found in what was being used as Lawson's bedroom, was being used as an end table. It was covered with books, cups, and trash.

Now... this leads me to beleive that her entire defense is a complete pile of horse crap and she deserves what she gets...

How could you do this to your child!! AND THEN! How in God's name could you keep him in a Tote!?! For a Year!! What's worse.... she then proceeded to use said tote as an end table... Gotta have a place to set your beer! What better place than on top of your toddler son's dead body?

Death Penalty.
edit on 26-5-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join