It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tornadoes Touch Down In NorCal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Small Tornado caught on Film Near Durham, California. Butte County.

The National Weather Service said around 6:41 p.m. Wednesday radar showed the a storm associated with at least one tornado about 13 miles south of Chico.

Link to News Channel

The Video link on the actual news page is much better then the Youtube video.. Youtube video has errouneous chat and some guy chewing on something. So the news link has a better video.

Glad no one was hurt, but it's not often one runs across hearing about a tornado touchdown in Cali, especially on the northern side.

Mother Nature certainly sure is full of surprises these days.

No where is safe, no where is immune. It's amazing how many people don't keep an eye on their local weather.

Keep safe, Keep vigilant.
edit on 26-5-2011 by Cygnis because: adding info.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Well now, that's a surprise to me. HAARP certainly has been trigger happy this year.

Puppeteer: "Have a couple tornadoes with your radiation."

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
So interesting.

The news from MO has horrified me, in particular the idea that "we only had twenty minutes warning".

I grew up in tornado alley, and twenty minutes is a HUGE window of time! During storm season we always knew where the closest underground safe spot was. Key word UNDERGROUND. Because nothing else is safe except fleeing the storm altogether. I saw many buildings destroyed during my formative years and it was ingrained in me early - get underground or get away. PERIOD.

It's horrifying to think how many people died because they had become blasé about the storms and didn't seek proper shelter.

At least the tornadoes in Northern CA are unlikely to be very big. Hope everyone is okay there.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick
So interesting.

The news from MO has horrified me, in particular the idea that "we only had twenty minutes warning".

I grew up in tornado alley, and twenty minutes is a HUGE window of time! During storm season we always knew where the closest underground safe spot was. Key word UNDERGROUND. Because nothing else is safe except fleeing the storm altogether. I saw many buildings destroyed during my formative years and it was ingrained in me early - get underground or get away. PERIOD.

It's horrifying to think how many people died because they had become blasé about the storms and didn't seek proper shelter.

At least the tornadoes in Northern CA are unlikely to be very big. Hope everyone is okay there.

Yea, I hear ya, even here where I live, close to the Rockies, we get them occasionally. It's definitely one of those where you ponder having a bsement, or stormceller.

What sad is how people have become less aware of their surroundings.

Fortunatly, the Northern Cali tornado in the above article was out in the middle of agricultre land, so no one was directly affected by these, no property damage reported either..

top topics

join