It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wow the movie K-PAX 10th Planet drop...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
K-Pax
2001 NR 120 minutes
Kevin Spacey stars as Prot, an extraterrestrial from the planet K-PAX (or so he'd have us believe), in this science-fiction drama that casts Jeff Bridges as a psychiatrist who doubts Prot's otherworldly origins. But the doctor begins to question his own instincts when his unusual patient begins talking to dogs -- and understanding them -- and pulling off other artful tricks that can't be easily explained.

Cast:Kevin Spacey, Jeff Bridges, Mary McCormack, Alfre Woodard, David Patrick Kelly, Aaron Paul, Saul Williams, Peter Gerety, Celia Weston, Ajay Naidu, Kimberly Scott Director:Iain Softley Genres:Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Sci-Fi Dramas, Alien Sci-Fi This movie is:Cerebral, Sentimental .

10 minutes in, extraterrestrial, talking to his psychiatrists (where do you come from // K-PAX // thats funny, i only know of 9 planets// actually there are 10 but i dont come from your solor system.

at the end of the movie he gives all his info to some lead astronmers that add it into their computers and hes like "Now you finally see the inomally in your binary star system that you never knew untill now"

ahahah pretty neat :
edit on 26-5-2011 by WanderingThe3rd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

just breaks out to say his solar system has 2 suns, interasting

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I like that movie a lot...
I re watched it about 6 months ago.

I totally forgot about that scene though.

Thanks for sharing that with us.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Top movie. Might go hire it. Kevin Spacey is a great actor and has the ornate ability to make anything believable.

Not a bad for 2001.
edit on 26/5/2011 by scubagravy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Funny thing is in 2006 it was established that there are only 8 planets, not 9. I guess they need to reshoot that scene for a "special edition: directors cut, remastered' re-release

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

Except Lex Luthor, I love Spacey, but he was a terrible fit for that role IMO. Then again, so was Hackman.

edit on 26-5-2011 by Lighterside because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

at the end he says we also have a binary star?!!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Is this thread telling us the obvious: Hollywood movies are really poor on being scientifically correct?

If you want to learn how bad their movies are in terms of history and science and other issues just go to places like bad astronomy that discuss the problems.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
You could look for the original film of which k-pax is an american remake.
It's an Argentinian film called "Man looking Southeast" (Hombre mirando al sudeste) Although I dont think you'll find any subtitles or dubs as is pretty old and obscure and not-filmed-by-hollywood

It's from 1986, as it says on the Wikipedia page: en.wikipedia.org...
Both are good films although the original is more "artistic" than k-pax, which is more... entertaining

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

Not bad for 2001? Dude the movies made now stink. Go watch the classics and know what real movies are.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I did say 'not bad' didnt i? and by the way dude, im more classic than you.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
ARMAGEDDON
Release date(s) July 1, 1998
Plot:
When a meteor shower destroys the Space Shuttle Atlantis and bombards parts of New York City, NASA discovers a Texas-sized asteroid will collide with Earth in 18 days, creating another extinction event.
===================================

I just find things like that beyond spooky. I mean the timing again is just plain bizarre imho. and after what we already know about DEEP IMPACTS plot as it relates to ELEnin?

Of course i'm sure its all just a coincidence that space shuttle Atlantis launches its final mission pretty much ending the space shuttle program forever on JULY 8TH this year.
.. which is about what? 1 month before the system of Herculobus/Nibiru,,, errr i mean "Elenin" arrives?
gee how convenient. As if so many other oddities, anomalies and uncanny coincidences weren't enough? whats next? Oh yeah, we've got Melancholia, Falling skys, super 8, Thor, Terranova, Britney, Kate and Gaga's end of the world alien cross-breeding programming videos kicked off by BattleLA. But gee folks, nothin to see here... move right along. Its all just fantasy sci fi mr rogers make believe... and disregard the fact some insiders that worked in hollywood have revealed some well known directors have said they have been told to incorporate elements of alien/end time programming and other uncanny material into their movies. Makes you wonder about Neo's Passport, the lone gunmen, Deep Impact, Armageddon, Independence Day, Knowing, I am Legend, 2012, etc once you realize that.

in any case, whether hollywood has its SCIENCE correct or not, doesn't invalidate these particular themes they've been programming the world with for decades that have the illuminati finger prints blatantly stamped all over them more and more. Those who deny this are either disinfo agents, in denial and extremely naive, or plain ignorant.

edit on 1-6-2011 by truthseekr1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseekr1111

When a meteor shower destroys the Space Shuttle Atlantis and bombards parts of New York City, NASA discovers a Texas-sized asteroid will collide with Earth in 18 days, creating another extinction event.

That makes the asteroid in the movie Armagaeddon bigger than Ceres. Something that big would be picked up years out, not 18 days out. The science sucks as does the bomb that splits the beast in 2.

I had fun watching the movie especially the large wrench repair technique. Does science invalidate the movie. Yeah. No rock that huge could slip in without detection.

top topics

join