It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul "The Senate Majority Leader Came To The Floor And Attacked Me!"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hijaqd
From Vitchilo's Thread - Senate votes to extend Patriot Act's roving wiretaps, records search

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Traitors all those who voted for it.

Here they are:
Democrats Voting 'Aye'
Sen. Daniel Akaka [D, HI], Sen. Max Baucus [D, MT], Sen. Michael Bennet [D, CO], Sen. Richard Blumenthal [D, CT], Sen. Barbara Boxer [D, CA], Sen. Sherrod Brown [D, OH], Sen. Benjamin Cardin [D, MD], Sen. Robert Casey [D, PA], Sen. Kent Conrad [D, ND], Sen. Chris Coons [D, DE], Sen. Richard Durbin [D, IL], Sen. Al Franken [D, MN], Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand [D, NY], Sen. Thomas Harkin [D, IA], Sen. Daniel Inouye [D, HI], Sen. John Kerry [D, MA], Sen. Amy Klobuchar [D, MN], Sen. Herbert Kohl [D, WI], Sen. Frank Lautenberg [D, NJ], Sen. Carl Levin [D, MI], Sen. Joe Manchin [D, WV], Sen. Robert Menéndez [D, NJ], Sen. Barbara Mikulski [D, MD], Sen. Patty Murray [D, WA], Sen. Bill Nelson [D, FL], Sen. Ben Nelson [D, NE], Sen. Mark Pryor [D, AR], Sen. John Reed [D, RI], Sen. Harry Reid [D, NV], Sen. John Rockefeller [D, WV], Sen. Debbie Ann Stabenow [D, MI], Sen. Mark Warner [D, VA], Sen. Jim Webb [D, VA], Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse [D, RI]

Republicans Voting 'Aye'
Sen. Lamar Alexander [R, TN], Sen. Kelly Ayotte [R, NH], Sen. John Barrasso [R, WY], Sen. John Boozman [R, AR], Sen. Scott Brown [R, MA], Sen. Richard Burr [R, NC], Sen. Saxby Chambliss [R, GA], Sen. Daniel Coats [R, IN], Sen. Thomas Coburn [R, OK], Sen. Thad Cochran [R, MS], Sen. Susan Collins [R, ME], Sen. Bob Corker [R, TN], Sen. John Cornyn [R, TX], Sen. Michael Crapo [R, ID], Sen. Jim DeMint [R, SC], Sen. Michael Enzi [R, WY], Sen. Lindsey Graham [R, SC], Sen. Charles Grassley [R, IA], Sen. Orrin Hatch [R, UT], Sen. John Hoeven [R, ND], Sen. James Inhofe [R, OK], Sen. John Isakson [R, GA], Sen. Mike Johanns [R, NE], Sen. Ron Johnson [R, WI], Sen. Mark Kirk [R, IL], Sen. Jon Kyl [R, AZ], Sen. Richard Lugar [R, IN], Sen. John McCain [R, AZ], Sen. Mitch McConnell [R, KY], Sen. Jerry Moran [R, KS], Sen. Robert Portman [R, OH], Sen. James Risch [R, ID]

13 total Nay Votes (no details yet)

And 12 cowards abstain:
Democrats Voting 'Abstain'
Sen. Thomas Carper [D, DE], Sen. Dianne Feinstein [D, CA], Sen. Kay Hagan [D, NC], Sen. Tim Johnson [D, SD], Sen. Mary Landrieu [D, LA], Sen. Patrick Leahy [D, VT], Sen. Claire McCaskill [D, MO], Sen. Charles Schumer [D, NY]

Republicans Voting 'Abstain'
Sen. Roy Blunt [R, MO], Sen. Kay Hutchison [R, TX], Sen. Pat Roberts [R, KS]

Others Voting 'Abstain'
Sen. Joseph Lieberman [I, CT]
edit on 26-5-2011 by Hijaqd because: (no reason given)

Wow... Jim Demint voted for this?! I am rarely, if ever, surprised by politicians, but I am shocked that Demint voted for this. It actually saddens me because I have always supported him, he has always been a very conservative Senator and one of the few good guys that took his oath to the constitution seriously. Well... he just lost my support. The Senators that voted "Abstain" are nothing more than cowards. I wonder what is better, being a traitor or being a coward?
edit on 27-5-2011 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
It seems as though only two guys are left gunning for American civil liberties and your inalienable rights,
Why only two , where are the rest of the American patriots and those who seek liberty and freedom.

AS posted above its only a matter of time before this wave of totalitarianism washes over to the UK , which as already verging on a police state , as they watch our every move on the CCTV.
Our government follows that of their master the US government , so its safe to say , whats good for americans is good for britains.

It's just a shame we dont have someone here in the UK of equal calibre to Ron Paul and his son Rand.

Im eyeballin this until conclusion

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
America is lost ....

We are witnessing the end of America.

Freedom is history.

The constitution is a worthless piece of paper.

Voting doesn't matter anymore.

Many have warned us. Too few listened.

It is too late now.

There is no way to turn this around. It is over ...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
They just changed the law to suit them,you did nothing about it

Deal with it americans.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

Well the constitution isnt totally dead yet... we still got the 2nd amendment...

The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. - Thomas Jefferson

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
So the question in my mind is, if/when the US breaks up into small republics(ie. Russia)... which area do you want to live in? I think I would like to go with Texas but the climate sucks.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
Sounds like an incident in the 1800s when Charles Sumner was attacked by a another Senator (forgot his name)

Just before the civil war... It is coming. The constitutionalists against the corporatist fascists.

It won't last long, the corporatist fascists have only money, constitutionalists have ideals.
edit on 26-5-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

The problem is America is totally divided on it's self. There are liberals and conservatives that are totally against the Patriot Act and corporate control of the government, but the problem is they distrust each other as much as they distrust the corporatists. In order for any meaningful change to happen in America they need to get together. Unfortunately if you read any of this site, you will see that they are nowhere near doing this.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
what is really sad is this thread only has three pages of responses. post some crud about earthquake predictions or cgi Peruvian alien mother ships and you get a billion flags and dozens of pages of responses.

this stuff is important, why doesn't anyone respond?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tonosama
what is really sad is this thread only has three pages of responses. post some crud about earthquake predictions or cgi Peruvian alien mother ships and you get a billion flags and dozens of pages of responses.

Peruvian alien mother ships are much more fun, this stuff is isn't. Maybe people feel helpless and don't want to deal with the flame wars that political threads turn into .

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
malformed vid,

sorry!
edit on 27-5-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

Yep, brings to mind this clip:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourNuts
So the question in my mind is, if/when the US breaks up into small republics(ie. Russia)... which area do you want to live in? I think I would like to go with Texas but the climate sucks.

The Balkanizing of the US would be sad and something that I would like to see avoided at all costs, Increasing states rights might be a solution to the ideological differences that now dominate the country like a plague.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tonosama

Can't agree more, although I like a good alien ship story

If things continue down this path... I wonder at what point one could attempt to flee to another country(CA maybe) and request political asylum? Because otherwise it's pretty difficult to get a right to work/live in another country.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind
America is lost ....

We are witnessing the end of America.

Freedom is history.

"Freedom" never existed.

The constitution is a worthless piece of paper.

To paraphrase Bush?

Voting doesn't matter anymore.

"Anymore"? When did it?

Many have warned us. Too few listened.

It is too late now.

There is no way to turn this around. It is over ...

Do your hands get chapped wringing them like that so much?
edit on 27-5-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourNuts

They have an app for that! No, seriously, this is somewhat at the heart of the Council of Governors.

The Council of Governors is a group of 10 state governors of the United States. The group was established in January 2010 in order to strengthen the partnership between federal and state governments in protecting the nation against all manner of threats, including terrorism and natural disasters. The Council was created by Executive Order 13528, signed by President Barack Obama on January 11, 2010, as recommended by the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008 which was passed by the 110th Congress and signed by President George W. Bush on January 28, 2008.
Source

So what AREA you want to live in is very apt, here are your choices:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3b78c6fe8e68.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Tonosama

why no replies when it is serious?
people don't want doomb and gloom with their doomb and gloom
or is that dumb and glumb?
----------------

anyway
America and her ideals have to go down in the stinkyest fashion so that people
NEVER want FREEDOM again

edit on 27-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

The sad thing here (ok, not THE sad thing, just one of many) is we are led to believe that there is some partisan divide in Washington and the US.

Looks like there is overwhelming Bi-Partisan support for subjugating our rights and freedom, well thanks Congress for looking out for "We the People"!

While, I believe, a greater majority see through the facade, the fact remains that while they practice a divide and conquer strategy via partisanship, it's a bill like this that pulls back the veil for even a hardened Republican or Democrat to see what's really happening.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijaqd
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

The sad thing here (ok, not THE sad thing, just one of many) is we are led to believe that there is some partisan divide in Washington and the US.

Looks like there is overwhelming Bi-Partisan support for subjugating our rights and freedom, well thanks Congress for looking out for "We the People"!

While, I believe, a greater majority see through the facade, the fact remains that while they practice a divide and conquer strategy via partisanship, it's a bill like this that pulls back the veil for even a hardened Republican or Democrat to see what's really happening.

Yep, how much more proof can a person need before they see that they are all on the same side, and that side is AGAINST the American people?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
No one cares as long as they have bread and circuses. Maybe an NFL lockout will wake a few more people up but it might be too late. Freedom never truly existed in the United States anyway.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
WTF?!?! When does it stop?!?!

Congressman questions Patriot Act "autopen" signature

Republican Rep. Tom Graves of Georgia sent President Obama a letter today questioning the constitutionality of the president's use of a device called an autopen to sign into law an extension of the Patriot Act.

In an additional statement today explaining the letter, Graves said the use of the autopen could set a "dangerous precedent."
"Any number of circumstances could arise in the future where the public could question whether or not the president authorized the use of an autopen," he said. "For example, if the president is hospitalized and not fully alert, can a group of aggressive Cabinet members interpret a wink or a squeeze of the hand as approval of an autopen signing?"

Graves said he at first thought reports of the use of the autopen were "a joke."

Sorry Rep Graves, it isn't a joke, Unconstitutional Bills deserve no less than Unconstitutional Authorization into Unconstitutional Law.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join