It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another End of the World Question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I tried searching for my answer but had no luck and don't have a bible here at work with me, so I'll come to you fellow ATSers.

I was talking to someone a couple of nights ago and they said to me that in the bible it says " Man will not destroy this earth ". I tried searching the net for this, couldn't find anything.

So, let's assume that this is in the bible, that "man" will not destroy the earth. Right now, with the changes in the weather, global warming, pole shift, etc.... the end "could be near".

I might be way off here, but my discussion the othe rnight was would global warming be what does us in here on earth.

Isn't man blamed for "global warming" ? If so, can we assume that global warming will not totally destroy the earth ?

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   

So, let's assume that this is in the bible, that "man" will not destroy the earth. Right now, with the changes in the weather, global warming, pole shift, etc.... the end "could be near".

Is there any evidence to say that those man made changes mean the end "could be near"? I thought it has been said by the majority of the scientist in that field that the earth is nowhere near ending due to climate changes, or global warming. I may be wrong, but I thought this was all just hype.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Yeah, that's what I'm saying.... Global warming won't destroy the earth, as Man will not destroy the earth.

Does anyone know where in the bible to find the subject of "man not destroying the earth" that was also what I'm looking for ?

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
to tired to find it now but look in REVELATIONS. it mentions somewhere in there about '"those that have destroyed the earth" something along those lines. take a look you will find it.

emphasis is on Jesus being revealed and the kings of the earth hiding in caves i think, in that passage it mentions men who destroy the earth.

fossil fuels? global warming? i dunno! nuclear holocaust?

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I dont remember reading anything a man destroying it permenently, but we do sum really stupid stuff to it though. God says in Revelations that he is going to destroy the heavens and the earth,and create a new heaven and a new earth. Since it cant be done by water again, I personaly think fire and explosion. just my opinion

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
If you have the net you can always find a bible....

bible.gospelcom.net...

- Was

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
gfs.... I also have always thought, it would be by fire next.

However, if man isn't supposed to destroy the earth, then can we rule out "nukes" ? I would think so.

Global warming... even though it's man's fault ( I guess ), could it get so hot that the earth just burns, thus destroying itself, as an act of God ?

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I checked the NAV and the KJV and it's not there. There won't be a nuclear holocaust until after the millenium (Rev 20:9). After the tribulation the birds eat the flesh of the dead (Ezek 39)...there's no flesh left in nuclear war.

There are to be earth changes that lead up to the coming of Christ, remember that the earth is also under a curse and yearns for redemption with the coming of Christ who makes everything new.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
gfs.... I also have always thought, it would be by fire next.

However, if man isn't supposed to destroy the earth, then can we rule out "nukes" ? I would think so.

Global warming... even though it's man's fault ( I guess ), could it get so hot that the earth just burns, thus destroying itself, as an act of God ?

Look at it this way:

Man will do A LOT of damage, but GOD is the one to decide when to pull the proverbial plug on everything. After all, He is the Alpha and Omega. He creates and He unmakes as He sees fit.

So I wouldn't necessarily rule out nuclear war. A lot of horrible stuff can happen and not bring about the end. And the reason God will take it upon Himself to end it will be because of all the evil reigning.....but then.....He will restore it to His vision.

And yes, fire is a likely candidate, but who knows for sure? Also, I believe the flood was kind of a different matter than when we speak of the end times.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Isn't man blamed for "global warming" ? If so, can we assume that global warming will not totally destroy the earth ?

From my understanding of global "weather" patterns, I will say that global warming will not destroy the earth.

The earth has "built in" defense mechanisms.

The ice caps will melt some, creating cooler oceans in the north. The cooler oceans will cause the gulf stream (and other ocean currents) to divert southward. The change in the gulfstream will cause the temperatures to drop. The dropping temperature will cause the ice caps to "re-freeze". Currents will return to normal. Temperatures will return to "normal".

Now this temperature drop could be as severe as another ice age, but man has and can survive an ice age.

Global warming does nothing but speed up this process. And assuming the levels of carbon dioxide does not decrease, the frequency of these cold periods will increase.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Well, first off global cooling and warming are climate cycles. The only people who still believe that man causes these are hanging on for dear life to their political tool. We have but to look within the bounds of recorded history to see evidence much less prehistoric geology. I think what the bible discusses sounds more like an impact than it does the gradual warming of earth.

I also think an impact deposited and began the ages of ice on earth. Global Warming is simply the earth slowly recovering from this. I'm glad you linked this to religion and the bible because many religions hold hints of what has happened and maybe as to what is to come.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I'm not a religious person but i would have to agree that mankind wont be responsible for the destruction of earth, because maybe it means the actual "destruction" of the earth. Not just the end of life on earth...but total obliteration of the planet. (i.e. one less planet in the solar system!) Sure we could destroy the atmosphere, change the climate, poison the air and ocean and nuke ourselves into nothing...but the planet would remain. No...for total destruction we would need something on a cosmic scale...a rogue black hole, a collision with a large meteor or something like that.

So relax guys...we couldn't destroy the planet even if we wanted to.

new topics

top topics

join