It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reid blasts Sen. Vitter for blocking Interior chief's pay raise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
These people were elected to serve. It seems all they want to do is serve themselves.

Reid offered legislation last week that would raise Salazar’s salary by $19,600 so that it is comparable with other Cabinet officials’. Since Salazar voted to raise the Interior secretary’s salary during his time as a senator, he was obligated under a clause in the Constitution to accept the pre-raise pay level when he left the Senate to take over as head of the department.
He became eligible for the higher pay level in January, when his Senate term would have come to an end. Salazar currently makes $180,100 a year.
Vitter, in a letter to Salazar on Monday, said he would block a unanimous-consent agreement on the bill until the Interior Department issues six permits for new deepwater exploratory wells in the Gulf of Mexico every month. “Given the completely unsatisfactory pace of your department’s issuance of new deepwater exploratory permits in the Gulf, I cannot possibly give my assent,” Vitter said in the letter to Salazar on Monday.

thehill.com...
GOOD JOB VITTER!

Now if we could get all in congress to vote for a huge pay cut and term limits........yea, right

edit on 25-5-2011 by Quadrivium because: oops, forgot to add the link

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

Wow I've never read an article that made me hate everything about American politics so much..

Corrupt rich men on all sides trying to further themselves, that's all I see..

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Vitter, in a letter to Salazar on Monday, said he would block a unanimous-consent agreement on the bill until the Interior Department issues six permits for new deepwater exploratory wells in the Gulf of Mexico every month. “Given the completely unsatisfactory pace of your department’s issuance of new deepwater exploratory permits in the Gulf, I cannot possibly give my assent,” Vitter said in the letter to Salazar on Monday.

In a normal world isn't that a bribe ??
Pass these oil wells and I'll give you money....
Sounds like a bribe to me but these scum call it politics..

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Wow I've never read an article that made me hate everything about American politics so much..

Corrupt rich men on all sides trying to further themselves, that's all I see..

That's pretty much all there is to see, brother .

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

In a normal world isn't that a bribe ??
Pass these oil wells and I'll give you money....
Sounds like a bribe to me but these scum call it politics..

Yep, that's what it is. A bribe. Unfortunately that's the only way they can get anything done in DC.

new topics

top topics

join