It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE EVENT episode 22 ??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker10

Please tell me what show you are talking about.....Your OP does not say, jeeeeessssshhhhhh

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Twisted1

Please tell me what show you are talking about.....Your OP does not say, jeeeeessssshhhhhh

The show is called "The Event".

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Yeah it's been on the cards for a while, hence why there was a big break mid season. It's ratings have never really recovered since then.
The producers are in talks with other broadcasters with Netflix being the 1 touted at the moment.

www.sfx.co.uk...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Originally posted by truthseeker10
yes i know it's just a tv show, but ive just watched all the episodes and episode 22 really has me scratching my head.

the alien race = anunakai??
alaskan prison = area 51??
portal array = haarp?? side effect of using the portal array earthquakes/ natural disasters
new planet appearing = planet x
new world order has been mentioned in the series
black president = obama

just wanted to see if anyone else thought along these lines, or is my tinfoil hat on just a little to tight lol.

If you watched all the episodes like you say you have, you'd know the president is Cuban, "Martinez" is his last name.They even say he is Cuban in one of the episodes, that's how I knew. But I have to agree the first thing I
thought when the whole planet appeared was "Nibiru" And I thought all this time it would be a bunch of people beamed from the world into the array where it was so giant, so I thought it would be beaming large groups to Earth. It was a shocker of an ending.
edit on 25-5-2011 by ldyserenity because: more words
needed

edit on 25-5-2011 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

Yes the president in the show is Cuban, but as the poster stated above, the president of the represents Obama. The poster above was just drawing parallels between the show and real life.

link   
the series called " THE EVENT " www.imdb.com...

i dont want to say much about it incase i spoil it for anyone, check out the link. its worth watching

link   
reply to post by mclarenmp4

Oh I didn't know about the long break mid seaon. I watched on Hulu because I don't have cable and I saw it actually advertised on Hulu so I started to watch it. They did this to every good show. Ughhhh.
No wonder I don't miss cable!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Congrats, you successfully noticed that major hollywood directors are aware of peoples interest in current events and know how to make money

Sarcasm aside, youve made some good connections. However, I think that people really underestimate how prevalent most conspiracy theories are. Although we are diagnosed as "nuts" most times, it doesnt surprise me that shows like V, The Event, Rubicon, Mad Men and movies like Super 8, Battle LA, Transformers 3, and 2012 all exist: because thats what people get interested in. The things like a black president and other factors just add to the realism of the plot and get people to keep watching.

The government controls hollywood so dont expect any revelations to appear in prime time TV-shows....or even on the news networks for that matter.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
They cancelled it?
Since when?
I thought this was the season finale?
AWWWWWWWWWWW Shame on NBC!!!!

edit on 25-5-2011 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

A few weeks ago.

Thread Here

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Can the writers of the Event please put your hands up.....ATS members no doubt

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Have you seen the" comet elenin is coming" thread. Do a quick read thru of mine and Putermans and also Unitys posts you'll see the same exact sequence. I'm glad you brought this forward. The plot is thickening. Strange days
indeed.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
For Television, something I almost never watch anymore, "The Event" was one of the
better productions I have seen in many years.

Of course, like all TV shows, it is full of plot holes and nonsense but it is still very
watchable even for a die hard TV hater like myself.

There is some hope for "The Event", the producers have been shopping the show
to other networks and talking about possibly going straight to Netflix.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Yeah it was a great show that obviously built up it's mythos around conspiracy theories. It's a shame it got cancelled right when it was getting good. The finale still left a good handful of questions unanswered: Why was Dempsey tinkering with the hybrid alien DNA on himself? That whole angle seems to have been forgotten after the winter hiatus. Also whatever happened to the nosey reporter and her inside guy they took Sean and Leila to? They both mysteriously vanished after the building exploded. I thought the episode made it pretty clear they disappeared and not killed in the explosion. But afterwards the show kinda forgot about them.

So yeah I guess the show had some obvious retcons happening after the hiatus and most of it was for the better. The broken timeline thing they did in the beginning was annoying and I think they lost a lot of viewers because of it. And that followed by such a long hiatus I think killed it except for the loyal followers like myself.

I also followed a couple of their ARG sites and Facebook accounts. I'm pretty certain the writers are readers of ATS. After all one of the characters in the ARG goes by the name of TruthSeeker5314 - check out the ARG blog at www.truthseeker5314.com... After the finale it turned out TruthSeeker was White House aid Rachel Metcalfe (www....(nolink)/imageview.php?quickkey=h0bxbzzxzv0z95h) that worked for Martinez. Not sure if I remember seeing her on the show or not.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terrormaster
Why was Dempsey tinkering with the hybrid alien DNA on himself?

I believe he was/is (not sure if he is really dead) creating anti-aging serums from their blood/DNA.

I also think he was/is making a bioweapon to age the aliens rapidly.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Version100

Yea! I forgot all about the old little girls. So was that the End? I hope not, too many loose ends and unanswered questions.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
im in no way connected to truthseeker5314. wierd that we share the same handle tho

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

im in no way connected to truthseeker5314. wierd that we share the same handle tho

Uh hu...Suuure your arent!

SPOILER BELOW! STOP READING THIS POST IF YOU DONT WANT THE SHOW TO BE REVEALED TO YOU!

I do hope this show at least gets picked up by netflix. Did anyone else notice in the very last scene where Mrs. Martinez and her son are on the front lawn, when they looked up and saw the other planet, her son said "Whats that mommy?" and with a dumbfounded expression on her face.......she said "Home!"
edit on 26-5-2011 by DerbyCityLights because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I watched that episode last night on `project free tv` google it. Yes it does seem a bit odd with the black president and all the rest of it. An excelent series. Well worth watching.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights

Uh hu...Suuure your arent!

SPOILER BELOW! STOP READING THIS POST IF YOU DONT WANT THE SHOW TO BE REVEALED TO YOU!

I do hope this show at least gets picked up by netflix. Did anyone else notice in the very last scene where Mrs. Martinez and her son are on the front lawn, when they looked up and saw the other planet, her son said "Whats that mommy?" and with a dumbfounded expression on her face.......she said "Home!"
edit on 26-5-2011 by DerbyCityLights because: (no reason given)

yeah i noticed that too. at one stage she was under suspicion of being one of them, maybe they were right

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

What about the blue spiral?!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

SPOILER BELOW! STOP READING NOW IF YOU DONT WANT THE SHOW TO BE REVEALD TO YOU!

Yeah, at one point, the White House was conducting DNA tests on everyone there and she refused. Martinez finally confronts her about it and she very convincingly says she has illegal immigrant parents and a DNA test would reveal it. But that was the last time it was ever brought up in the show till the last episode when she tells her son the new planet is "Home".

I do love how the writers tapped into just about every big consperacy going on at the moment. Its almost like they based the story of the show around all these ideas.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join