It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OUTRAGEOUS: NBC News Host Calls Laura Ingraham 'Right-Wing Slut'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by brilab45
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

Exactly, call her what she is. No, I would not call her that name. However, she does not hold the best interests at heart for the majority of us Americans. Lets just call her heartless. No spiritual class whatsoever.

More name calling, rather than heartfully and classfully disproving her positions? Right on!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Also not surprised by this.

Most liberals are full of hate, and when they are losing an argument they typically resort to this type of behavior.

Looks like NBC suspended him for a week. Way to take a stand NBC.

Yeah because the Republican party doesn't do that. Oh right..they are too busy raping kids, protecting pedophiles or simply being a bunch of racist (censored).

Here are some Republican talking heads who are at the top of the name calling issue.
crooksandliars.com...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Here are some links for the high and mighty Republican talking to look over.

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
It is like I have always said..the Republican Party is full of racists and pedophiles.

Pedophile Links
armchairsubversive.blogspot.com...
www.watchblog.com...
911review.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Racist links
www.vernonjohns.org...

gawker.com...#!5065428/todays-sleazy-racist-republican-roundup
loomisnews.wordpress.com...

A lot more out there..

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Really? Any article Fox news posts, you folks just follow like a band of sheep in "outrage"?

Hey SG, do a little research before you skim 'n blurt, OK?

The word OUTRAGE was in the original title of the article.:shk:

Obama is a communist? Racist? Terrorist? He has islamic tendancies?

Yeah, I'd say so.
edit on 25-5-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover
I haven't tried to defend anyone, from any party, by claiming someone else had already done the same thing before.

Where did I defend Ed Schultz by claiming someone else had done the same thing so it was okay for him to do it too? Do you need me to state for a fifth time that I believe that what he said was wrong? I was simply defending liberals from being unfairly lumped together and branded immoral again all because of the stupid actions of just one person.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover
Besides, what party would be calling mine? I voted Constitution party, in the last Presidential election and for mostly Libertarians in the last general elections.

Please, I would prefer to be called a democrat rather than a liberal, but that ain't gonna happen any time soon. It's doesn't carry with it the same amount of scorn people like you have managed to inject into the word liberal. Call yourself whatever you wish, but you're still a conservative.

And before you get the idea that I'm bashing conservatives, I'm not. I know the conservatives mentioned in this thread don't represent you, and I know that what people feel and believe is more complex than can be summed up in an hour long sensationalized commentary show on a cable news network. I don't hate conservatives, I agree with them on a lot of issues. I just wish we could end this bipartisan BS, find common ground, and get back to focusing on what's important. That's all.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

Really? Any article Fox news posts, you folks just follow like a band of sheep in "outrage"?

The word OUTRAGE was in the original title of the article

Exactly, and you took it word for word and put it in the thread title

If this was really your own opinion on Ed's comments, you would not be using the exact article title from Fox news.

Yeah, I'd say so

Ofcourse you would. Obama's called a terrorist, a marxist, you agree, and then you want to post a thread in OUTRAGE about Laura Ingraham being called a rightwing nut. Right, we must all live according to your standards.

If you believe this is unacceptable behaviour by Ed, by all means I agree, but apparently you want us to only care when this involves left wing talk show hosts. Rather hypocritical. Clearly you don't care about real respect in the media if it is directed toward the other side of the ideological fence.Right.
edit on 25-5-2011 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
What!? You're proving previous comments correct here. Trying to deflect a prior comment by making outrageous unprovable claims. Did I mention preposterous? Defending a putz like Shultz by doing the very thing he did, only worse. As for the racism comment, it is just as racist to vote for someone because they are black as it is to not vote for someone because they are black.

I shouldn't add credence to your statement as it is clearly guided by ignorance.
edit on 25-5-2011 by croweboy because: Quotes failed me

edit on 25-5-2011 by croweboy because: Post This is reply to got censored, rightfully so.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I thought the Liberals were the ones screaming for 'the end to hateful rhetoric" after the Arizona incident? (Which didn't have anything to do with what happened but that's what they were claiming...)
Yet another glaring example of Liberal hypocrisy-they claim to be the party of "tolerance" but they are the exact opposite......

Liberal hen-clucker Joy Behar calling Sharron Angle a b***h on "The View" as well as a moron and that she was "going to hell"......
This is nothing new folks:

Another Liberal hen-clucker NPR's Nina Totenberg hoping a Republican's grandchildren get AIDS-nice.....

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
right-wing SLUT?!? Good grief, is this word even in usage anymore? It's a bit quaint...reminds me of the Dan Akroyd-Jane Curtin news skits on the very early SNL. It was an ineffectual "insult" even back then. That's what made it so funny.
Give me a break.
edit on 25-5-2011 by QueSeraSera because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

How many times has fox news hosts referred to Obama and liberals as marxists or fascists?

Obama is a communist? Racist? Terrorist? He has islamic tendancies? Democrats are marxists? I've heard things like this time and time again from conservative talk show hosts, personalities..

All of those are related to politics- what he said was alluding to her personal sexual activity and was way out of line and just disgusting.....
Please tell me you can see the difference?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138
All of those are related to politics- what he said was alluding to her personal sexual activity

So now it's only acceptable when it's related to "politics"? Drawing lines here are we?

and was way out of line and just disgusting

It is always out of Line, whether it's politics or sexual relations or race or what have you. The minute you start making exceptions, you lose justification for complaining.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138
Another Liberal hen-clucker NPR's Nina Totenberg hoping a Republican's grandchildren get AIDS-nice.....

Ouch, now that was bad. Especially the way she chuckles as she says it.

As for the ladies of the view, whenever I catch that show on television all I see and hear is:

edit on 25-5-2011 by Torgo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

The word OUTRAGE was in the original title of the article

Exactly, and you took it word for word and put it in the thread title

As I almost always do. I don't usually create my own title; that's the way it is supposed to be done here, at least on Breaking News forums. Good habit to adopt.

I've seen some thread titles here that would make your head spin, they were such bs. Always, they were created by the OP.

If this was really your own opinion on Ed's comments, you would not be using the exact article title from Fox news.

Don't tell me what I would or wouldn't do! I just went thru explaining it to you.

Ofcourse you would. Obama's called a terrorist, a marxist, you agree, and then you want to post a thread in OUTRAGE about Laura Ingraham being called a rightwing nut. Right, we must all live according to your standards.

Your problem is, Obama has exhibited racist, Marxist behavior. And Laura was called a SLUT, not a nut. Nice try at trying to sugarcoat it.

If you believe this is unacceptable behaviour by Ed, by all means I agree, but apparently you want us to only care when this involves left wing talk show hosts. Rather hypocritical.

You know what's coming next, don't you? Time for you to open mouth and switch feet. I ask you, where did I ever use words for you to come to such a false conclusion? Stop making up bullcrap, just to have something to write.
edit on 25-5-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2011 by mishigas because: fix tags

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Calling someone a "Marxist" and calling someone a "slut" are two entirely different things- just my opinion....

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Since when did "slut" become an insult?
I consistency hear women calling each other slut as a term of endearment and respect.
Maybe I've been spending too much time in gentlemen's clubs.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Ed Schultz - spokesman on MSNBC for the progressives.

AKA the elitists that like to think of themselves as the "nice" people.

IMO anyone here defending Schultz or posting, "but, but, but, the other side said stuff too ..." is showing their hypocrisy because progressives claim to be "above all that".

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by choppedbrisket
Since when did "slut" become an insult?
I consistency hear women calling each other slut as a term of endearment and respect.
Maybe I've been spending too much time in gentlemen's clubs.

And perhaps not enough time actually being a gentleman ...

Black Americans call each other the N word quite frequently. That doesn't seem to give license for anyone else to say it.

Same goes here.

edit on 5/25/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Yep double standards. Ok to call Obama or any other liberal for that matter a marxists, terrorists,whatever, because you don't personally like them but you want the public's "disgust" and "outrage" from this attack on Laura Ingraham?

Right, Democrats lie, spread propaganda, and we should ignore your double standards.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join