It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OUTRAGEOUS: NBC News Host Calls Laura Ingraham 'Right-Wing Slut'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
He just apologized on air if its in consolation.

Thread....pretty over.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Really? Any article Fox news posts, you folks just follow like a band of sheep in "outrage"?

How many times has fox news hosts referred to Obama and liberals as marxists or fascists?

Obama is a communist? Racist? Terrorist? He has islamic tendancies? Democrats are marxists? I've heard things like this time and time again from conservative talk show hosts, personalities. These days I don't take much notice from the likes of Ed Shultz, Glenn Beck, Andrew Napolitano or Rush Limbaugh. They make careers out of hurling insults, they gain views by "shocking" the public. That's what they do, and depending on which side you are partisan to, that side is more justified in what they say. It's unfortante, but it's their freedom. They'll gain or lose audiences over it. Ed Shultz ain't the first, and I trust the OP is well aware that the same could be said to other media hosts, particularly on the righthand side.

Ed Shultz has the worst show on MSNBC, in my opinion, the worst opinion show among the media outlets. Whenever I watch it I cringe as much as with Glenn Beck's and Rush Limbaughs. What he said was unacceptable, it is no less unacceptable that the time's we've heard names hurled on fox and other media outlets. You'd have my complete sympathy if you folks had a hint of consistency in your attacks and criticisms towards politicians and political advocates in general, but you don't. It's bad when liberals do it, it's "freedom of speech" or "true" when conservatives do it. Right.
edit on 25-5-2011 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Talk about deflecting. She might not have her own show on Fox, but she appears frequently as a commentator. I admitted the behavior displayed by Schultz in the OP was reprehensible, you can't do the same with someone from your own party?

So you want dirt on only those who have their own tv or radio shows? How about this:

The animosity between Beck and Kelly continued to deepen. When Beck and Hattrick produced a local version of Orson Welles' "War of the Worlds" for Halloween -- a recurring motif in Beck's life and career -- Kelly told a local reporter that the bit was a stupid rip-off of a syndicated gag. The slight outraged Beck, who got his revenge with what may rank as one of the cruelest bits in the history of morning radio. "A couple days after Kelly's wife, Terry, had a miscarriage, Beck called her live on the air and says, 'We hear you had a miscarriage,' " remembers Brad Miller, a former Y95 DJ and Clear Channel programmer. "When Terry said, 'Yes,' Beck proceeded to joke about how Bruce [Kelly] apparently can't do anything right -- about he can't even have a baby."

The Skeletons In Glenn Beck's Closet.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Ed Shultz, for now is off the air. He apologized. It was wrong but at least he is atoning.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Laura Ingraham is what she is...Period!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by crudos
It's no worse than the foaming, hate-dribble that flows from the mouths of Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Reilly, Savage and Beck on a regular basis.

The difference is that the left are locked in as the "anti-vitriol" crowd and the right don't really care. So, when a right-leaning talking head does it, it's par for the course. When a left-leaning talking head does it, it's hypocrisy.

He should have totally known better. Pretty stupid move.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Who cares?

They are just words. I don't see why this is news.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
My error. I guess a half-hearted acknowledgement is still an ackowledgement.
edit on 25-5-2011 by WTFover because: Correct my error

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

Right in the first sentence of the first reply I made:

such abominable behavior as was shown in the OP (original post)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

It's no worse than the foaming, hate-dribble that flows from the mouths of Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Reilly, Savage and Beck on a regular basis.

It's not worse... But it is just as bad.

All of the people you mentioned (Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Reilly, Savage, Beck) have no business being in News.

Ed Schultz has no business being in News.

Just because the crazy right-wing commentators do it doesn't make it ok for there to be a crazy left-wing commentator. We definitely don't need any more crazy in this country.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover

Typical liberal deflection...

We'll all be waiting for you to provide examples (with proof, of course) of each of those you named, calling someone a slut.

Well I can't find specific cases of them calling anyone a slut, but they've all made their own outrageous statements. With Limbaugh and Savage there are too many to list, just Google their names along with either of the words "racism" or "sexism". Someone already covered Hannity, and I pointed out just one of Glenn Beck's cruel radio antics. O'Reilly sexually harassed a woman who worked for him, or are we just going to forget about falafel-gate? Then there's also this:

The point is that no party is immune having supporters who make deplorable statements. We need to claim our own and put them in their place, instead of taking the opportunity to fingerpoint to the other side and falsely claim moral superiority.
edit on 25-5-2011 by Torgo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

Well, if that was too half hearted for you, then I'll say it again in a clear unmistakable statement. What Ed Schultz said was stupid and reprehensible, and he is not the only liberal to say something so deplorable. We need to find common ground in this country between the two parties, and that's not going to happen as long as sensational idiots like him speak for either side.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Torgo
The point is that no party is immune having supporters who make deplorable statements. We need to claim our own and put them in their place, instead of taking the opportunity to fingerpoint to the other side and falsely claim moral superiority.

Yeah, but rather than just chastising Schultz for his ignorance, you chose to attempt to deflect by pointing your finger to someone else. This thread was about Schultz. However, you and others have, apparently successfully derailed the thread by expanding it to include those with whom you disagree, politically. Thereby, attempting to marginalize Schultz's behavior.

But, like I said before, typical.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

Excuse me for not sitting aside for another liberal bashing thread on ATS, while people like you broadbrush half of the political spectrum based on the actions of just one person. If you didn't want people to provide examples of conservatives behaving badly, you shouldn't have joined in the goading of those who were using this opportunity to yet again try and portray all liberals as immoral.

I stated that what he said was horrible, which seems to be more than you're willing to do with those in your own party.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by iSeeKEnlightenment8o5

She's not attractive. But that's just me.

What has that got to do with anything??

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by crudos

And when you can show where any of them has done something so egregious, let me know. Except for Savage.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

If true, he should be fired. End of story.

EDIT: Don't you dare try to inject politics into this. Don't you dare.

Who? Moi?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Torgo
... which seems to be more than you're willing to do with those in your own party.

I haven't tried to defend anyone, from any party, by claiming someone else had already done the same thing before.

Besides, what party would be calling mine? I voted Constitution party, in the last Presidential election and for mostly Libertarians in the last general elections.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I don't agree with what he said at all.

Part of me also knows that if he had a chalk board, colored chalk and said it after a ludicrous, self absorbed fear mongering bit complete with Hitler stickers and a pinch of radical Islam thrown in for effect, it somehow would have been considered "sane and a return to rational thinking."

The double standards are just overwhelming when it comes to politics. All sides resort to grade school horse sh#* and it's pretty pathetic.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

Exactly, call her what she is. No, I would not call her that name. However, she does not hold the best interests at heart for the majority of us Americans. Lets just call her heartless. No spiritual class whatsoever.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join