It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Secret Army of Mercenaries for the Middle East and North Africa?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

A Secret Army of Mercenaries for the Middle East and North Africa

www.globalresearch.ca

In Zayed Military City, in a training camp in a desert area of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), a secret army is in the making.
This secret army of mercenaries, which is slated to be used not only in the Emirates but throughout the Middle East and North Africa.
Whatever the scenario will be - either a "balkanized" Libya divided into two territories under the control of Tripoli and Benghazi, or a situation of similar to Iraq or Afghanistan, geared towards overthrowing of the Libyan government -
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.globalresearch.ca

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.globalresearch.ca...
edit on 25-5-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Oh god, here we go people, this is the grand plan to send in secret armies into Libya to destabilize the country. The plan is to send them into Libya to protect the oil industry for U.S. oil industry. In addition to keeping Libya weak and divided. There was another article where they had putin warning nato not to go beyond UN conventional policy, which nato is going ahead with violating the UN's security concil's resolution of no fly zone and following the UN Resolution 1973, which destabilized the balkans.

www.globalresearch.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

So, let me get this straight...

Libya, who up until Feb of this year had reams of Western Oil companies in there already, is now under attack by a Anglo-French led operation so that US oil comapnies can get sole access?

That makes no sense whatsoever.

You do realise the US is hardly doing anything with regards to Libya, don't you? Most of the Aircraft being used are European, with some Canadian and Qatari forces. To my knowledge, no US warplanes are currently being utilised and only a single US Destroyer is present in the region.

Seems like an awful lot of effort for the French and British to go to so they can hand over control of Oil fields that their companies ran to US comapnies.....

See where your logic fails?

As for this "secret Army".. Can we corroborate from any vaguely reliable source it is real and not some elaborate fiction?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
It's not a very good secret army if your posting about it here

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I believe they are referring to eric Prince's new company
Blackwater Founder's new merc group

While it's technically true the website you are quoting is extremely histrionic about it's purpose. The UAE has it's own internal issues and with Prince hiring Colombians, Americans, and South Africans apparently they want a force beholden to NO ONE But their employer.

More moderate sources are saying the UAE wants westerners to protect the government so that they are less able to work with fifth column groups in the region. This is just an attempt of an embattled tyrannical government to hold onto power by force.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
US/NATO are all part of the ruling elite countries run by the banking systems and companies. If they are run by banks then they are part of the problem.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
On a side note... it took me all of ten seconds to look into this story and confirm that the original source was at best flawed....

The reality is that the entire region is facing unrest and strife and the UAE is having some issues of it's own mostly in regard to the financial situation worldwide creating massive changes in people's wealth and etc.... Nothing like people, about to lose everything and desperate, to create bad situations. Many of these situations can be averted by a hired bunch of trained killers who don't speak the language but DO take orders from the existing social order.

EDIT TO ADD: OH and this "secret" force made the news around the world with it's formation.... Just FYI
edit on 25-5-2011 by roguetechie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by roguetechie

You got it. It's Xe's new project. I assume if it does go into Libya they will claim it's is the 'boots on the ground' to counter the pro Libya mercs from the Sudan that are supposed to be in Libya.

All in all it's needs to be understood that without mercs or rather privateers the world would not have the amount of nations it has now. What are we up to 194 now?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Yes ember I know it's more entertaining to think that you somehow read the right blog that discoved a "SUPAR SECRET mercenary army of doom" But it's just not realistic.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MIDNIGHTSUN

Oh god, here we go people, this is the grand plan to send in secret armies into Libya to destabilize the country.

This has already happened.

Remember the pro-Gaddafi mercenaries that were going around Libya shooting and raping unarmed civilians? Still think Gaddafi hired those foreign mercenaries to terrorize his citizens?

Anyone still think the situation in Libya is legit?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
As others have eluded to, this seems to be second-hand news of a new private security firm (or an old one renamed...again) and blown it out of proportion. Companies like Xe operate GLOBALLY everyday. With conflicts flaring up like no tomorrow, business is good. These guys are contracted by governments, corporations and wealthy individuals in conflict regions.

Are these companies shady? At best. Are they a global mercenary army who answer to some cabal of string-pulling elitists? Not really. They go where the money is, and while that usually is to the "elite," they are not a centrally-organized military force.

I speak from personal experience. I know individuals in the employ of certain PMC's and have been offered a foot-in-the-door opportunity for a fat contract with limited or NO accountability for what I would or would not do on deployment. After talking with those in the business and reviewing my experiences with PMC's while I was in the service, it was a very simple moral decision to decline the offer.

PMCs are a troubling development in the modern political, economic and social climates. They are NOT some global military or police force.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ateuprto

PMCs are a troubling development in the modern political, economic and social climates. They are NOT some global military or police force.

Troubling indeed. Mercenary armies declined throughout the 20th century as more countries matured and developed public and armed services for their respective governments. As the power of corporations grew, PNCs found their place in the modern world serving corporate interests and now their services are required to prop up tired monarchical regimes where the people of those nations are agitating for democracy. As the disparity of wealth is going more and more to the "have mores" these PNCs are only going to grow in size and firepower and ultimately replace the regular armed forces.
It's an easy way around pesky laws and patriotic inclinations.
When sociological methods of control break down mercenaries will be there to ensure continuity of ::cough:: leadership regardless of what the people want.
Which kind of boils down to "If you can't beat 'em, shoot 'em"

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiGGz
Originally posted by MIDNIGHTSUN

This has already happened.

Remember the pro-Gaddafi mercenaries that were going around Libya shooting and raping unarmed civilians? Still think Gaddafi hired those foreign mercenaries to terrorize his citizens?

Anyone still think the situation in Libya is legit?

The mercenaries Gaddafi hired are not really mercenaries.

They are just thugs and criminals he hired from the old conflicts in central and southern Africa.

Most have never been in a real army and if they had to fight REAL mercenaries like the ones in the UAE they would not last long.

And these mercenaries in the UAE are not called mercenaries but work under the title security contractors..

Working as a mercenary can get you in trouble due to US laws.
But contract security jobs are legal.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I can agree with you on just about everything up to the replacement of national military assets. I've seen our government outsource to quite a few different firms throughout my deployments (many of which were foreign owned and operated). However, there is not one piece of brass in the rear that would ever place critical or sensitive missions in the hands of these companies (outside of protecting low tier diplomats or engineers). I am certainly concerned with their exponentially increasing use and thus financial gain. I can tell you, however, that on more than a handful of deployments from our various FOBs we were instructed to do what we had to do should they ever interfere with our mission objectives. It never came to such high tension drama, but my outfit (among others) were well prepared to put the "cowboys" back in their place should their egos inflate past their senses. I've seen more than 3 separate PMC outfits hose down 360 degree areas out to 200m for the simple fact they had shots fired at them. Every time we would make gains with tribal or village leadership these morons would certainly try their best to fudge it up by shooting up a market or neighborhood.

I do like to point out that these guys are not some black-ops murder squad that goes around terrorizing the local population at will. The populace would not stand for it and neither would we or our allies. This is of course only stemming from my observations in Iraq, Afghanistan and brief periods in Africa. Iraq was the most problematic, as you've got unaccountable renegades babysitting ceo's, diplomats and engineers all looking to get "rich" off of something in-country. These guys could care less who got shot in Iraq because their paycheck was bringing home their cargo in one piece. Iraq can be a dense, confusing and hostile place. Afghanistan is where most PMC's were more reasonable and seemingly more experienced. Then again, their job is a little easier in the wide open spaces and targets are a bit easier to distinguish and separate from civilians. My short deployments in Africa were limited to in and out runs. We would hear stories about PMCs all around the continent, but many of those are South African-based and have been operating there for decades, likely controlling precious resources on behalf of the insanely rich.

The battle we all face is keeping them in check, and believe it or not, the U.S. military is leading the way on that front. If God, Yaweh, Buddha, The Origin, Jehova, a big spaghetti monster in the sky, whoever grants us the good fortune to get out of the sand I will look forward to the day that North American-based PMCs will have to rebudget and cut some corners (aka numbers).

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
It's not a secret within the PMC world. Eric Prince (Former head of Blackwater) is the man tasked to head this project. It is mainly a private force that will be used by UAE leaders to quash revolts within their borders.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Libya, who up until Feb of this year had reams of Western Oil companies in there already, is now under attack by a Anglo-French led operation so that US oil comapnies can get sole access? That makes no sense whatsoever.

You do realise the US is hardly doing anything with regards to Libya, don't you? Most of the Aircraft being used are European, with some Canadian and Qatari forces.

To my knowledge, no US warplanes are currently being utilised and only a single US Destroyer is present in the region. Seems like an awful lot of effort for the French and British to go to so they can hand over control of Oil fields that their companies ran to US comapnies.....

See where your logic fails?

Sorry if am going to be bringing this old thread up but this comment shows just how uniformed it is.

Seems like an awful lot of effort for the French and British to go to so they can hand over control of Oil fields that their companies ran to US comapnies

Oil goes to the French and Britain

Oil to The West

Thats the only reason they attacked Libya in the first place because of Libya's oil.

I am not surprised that there might be a A Secret Army of Mercenaries in the middle east fighting for America's cause.

Since the American people dont want to get involved, they found an alternative way to get there things done.
edit on 20-4-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
It's not a secret within the PMC world. Eric Prince (Former head of Blackwater) is the man tasked to head this project. It is mainly a private force that will be used by UAE leaders to quash revolts within their borders.

So essentially it's an XE project?

Not being a lame, I am actually curious!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I have a buddy of mine that used to work for a company that put him in the UAE. They did some sort of Oil thing I dunno...

Anyway, he told me the UAE is essentially just the Middle East's equivalent to Las Vegas. He said basically it's where the Saudis go when they want to gamble, party or hook up with a prostitute (just what I was told). He did say the night life down there is pretty great though.

He never mentioned instability in the region... in fact quite the contrary...

On a side note in the UAE.. you can buy gold bars from a vending machine... No joke..

He only recently stopped working for them.. He decided it wasn't worth traveling back and forth from the US to the Middle east to work.
edit on 20-4-2012 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join