It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Arrested for selling Moon rock for $1.7 million

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

A Californian woman was arrested in a sting operation trying to sell a moon rock for $1.7 million. The sale of moon rocks is illegal in the United States, while hundreds of kilograms of rocks were brought back from the moon during the Apollo missions some of it has either been stolen or is unaccounted for after being given away to foreign nations as gifts. The sting operation had been planned for several months and took place at a restaurant. Gail Robinson, Nasa's deputy inspector general, told the Los Angeles Times: "It's possible this is a moon rock, but it has to be tested first. "

I really don't understand what this woman did wrong other than not knowing one of the millions of laws available to the passer by.

Did she really do anything wrong here?

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
been posted, use search

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I need to go to the bathroom but I'm scared now since it might be a sting operation by the government to get me for selling my $hit.....stupid people in washington, d.c.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Did the NASA agent look like this?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

ignorantia legis neminem excusat

"ignorance of the law excuses no one"

is a legal principle holding that a person who is unaware of a law may not escape liability for violating that law merely because he or she was unaware of its content.

source :en.wikipedia.org...

If she had done her homework in her ability to sell the moon rock for a million dollars she should of checked on the internet if she was able to sell it or not.
edit on 25-5-2011 by nahsik because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2011 by nahsik because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Well, this is less of her ignorance of the law, and more so of the validity of the law. Basically, why should selling moon rocks be illegal in the first place? To preserve the precious NASA stockpile, or to further enforce control over a natural resource?

I mean it is most likely illegal to travel to the moon as well. If you developed a method to go there without the usual means and the government found out, the penalties would most likely be very severe and they would confiscate your technologies on top of it.

This is all about control and this is just further evidence of standard governmental behavior.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I think it is unfair that they can have moon rocks but we can't.

WHY!

You can buy meteorites from Mars and the moon on ebay yet this rock is special? Why?

Also wasn't it proven that some of those rocks from the moon were fake and not real that were given to other leaders.

Is there some special power that only "they" can have them?

I want a moon rock
I'd appreciate it a hell of a lot more than they ever could. I bet they use them as paper weights lol
edit on 5/25/2011 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join