It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is ATS So Quick To Delete Certain Valid Threads?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I don't get it. I just made a thread of a valid story, and it was deleted within a minute..

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites, please post one or two paragraphs...,

Ok... Did that..

a link to the entire story,

Ok.. Did that..

and your opinion on the information as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

Here's the kicker. It is in my opinion is that the beauty of ATS is the fact that we have a few hundred thousand folks scattered all across the world getting intel before many and posting it here. Breaking news much of the time can actually be found here before many MSM outlets. So why do I have to list an opinion on the information? Can't the information speak for itself in an effort to "inspire discussion or collaborative research"? Or if I was undecided and simply wrote, "would like your opinion on this" perhaps it wouldn't get deleted?

Bonkers.. This will probably get deleted, too.

edit on 25-5-2011 by rstregooski because: content

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
simple answer:

there are underlying agendas.

you most likely either hit too close to home, or chose a topic that did not fall into the agenda.

edit: that or a mod is surfing that feels powerful when they use their power to silence those whos opinions differ from theirs.
edit on 25-5-2011 by j3n9ls31dy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
DId you contact the staff member that removed the thread?

Do so via U2U ( private message).

Thanks

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
CIA - NSA

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
True story! Good luck getting a response to any direct inquiry with the mod on why it was deleted. You won't.

Unfortunately, I think even here, some things are being censored.
edit on 25-5-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
You signed to follow their policies and rules and well if it don't like them then tough luck. Go start your own message board if your not happy.

I've had numerous amounts of threads deleted and have had to repost it because i've missed on some term or condition that i agreed upon. I've complied without any complaining.
edit on 25-5-2011 by nahsik because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
3...2...1...4...04'd that is. The hands are getting heavy around here, this thread won't last long. Word.

I love this community...I wish the big dogs here were a part of it.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Tephra

Yea I kinda assumed I wouldn't get a response..

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
What don't you get? You admitted to just posting something with no added content. ATS wants a bit more than just posting something. Anybody can do that. You don't tell us what it is about. Was it a duplicate? You're not providing any more information this time than you did last time. Like the previous poster said, if this really upsets you, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Thread Closed..

J/K..

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by j3n9ls31dy

I agree, there is one mod that always shuts down my threads. You know who you are. Grrr

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

It's the reason of the condition.

and your opinion on the information as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

"To inspire discussion". How does a thread about American Taxpayers paying for Strauss-Khan's $250,000 severance payment really need an opinion to generate a discussion?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

I'm just trying to get the information out there. If the fact is that had I simply stated a one-word opinion, like "madness", then this system of policy is bonkers..

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Probably nothing more sinister than discussing and debunking the opinion of a Mod. Can't have that.
No NWO agenda, no CIA or NSA, just a good ol fashioned "son of a bitch proved me wrong".

Be proud of your deletion. Probably means you're on to something

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Alright, Alright.. Didn't mean to make this a big thing. Figured it would be a more effective contact method with said mod than an email..

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Aye, the same thing is happening to a lot of people. It's happening more and more and for no obvious reason.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I love ATS. Dont get me wrong. I totally agree with them that people need to add their own content before posting a thread and not just "copy and paste". But, I will say this...

I've seen a lot of post on here where people just post a video and nothing else. Especially a lot of posts that have to do with Elenin. They just copy, paste and post, and it irks the crap out of me. And they get stars and flags and the post doesn't get shut down. I may be incurring the wrath of the mods by saying this, but sometimes it seems like the T&C rules only apply when the admins of this site want them.

Which is totally fine because its their website and they can do what they want.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rstregooski
Alright, Alright.. Didn't mean to make this a big thing. Figured it would be a more effective contact method with said mod than an email..

MAKE YOUR THREAD ALREADY!

2nd

(Use 2nd, works like a charm I've noiced)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

you technically didnt need to use it in that post lol

top topics

<<   2 >>

join