It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next step?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I have to admit, I was a bit nervous about making a thread about this but I have a feeling that I should so that things may become easier for me. I regularly frequent this site, but I didn't know where else to turn to ask some important questions. It's in relation to a dream I had last night that has had a profound effect on me. Now, let me tell you that my life consists of music, movies, video games and general laziness, although I do like reading interesting topics on this site. I've tried meditation but didn't get very far, but that was years ago. I live a rather simple life.

The dream consisted of a particularly sunny day. I was looking out the window of the back room of my house. There was a clear blue sky, and the sun was very, very bright. Almost overwhelming when I looked over the garden with a vibrant green grass lawn. Felt good. Then before I knew it, it was sunset. I looked towards the western horizon and the sun had set. It was dusk and the sky was clear. I could see faint stars starting to shine through in the parts of the sky that were dark enough. The stars slowly started getting brighter. I looked up at the sky and there was one star that seemed brighter than all the rest. I was mesmerized by it and kept looking at it. It was then that something strange happened - It felt as if the star started getting closer to me. Either that or I was going towards the star. It all felt strange but as I got closer to the star, I had this very strange, very intense feeling at the top/back of my head. It felt as though the top/back of my head "opened up" for lack of a better term. My head didn't physically "open" but rather it felt as though my mind opened, and let me tell you, it felt extremely good. It was an indescribable feeling and sensation. It slowly opened as I was going toward the star but eventually felt as though it had fully opened. That was when I felt that everything made sense - God, the Universe, our role in it, every question I ever had, there was an answer for. But it was at this point that it became overwhelming and I woke up. I opened my eyes, looked around and it was early morning. I wanted to get back into that dream so went back to sleep. Unfortunately, I didn't go back into that particular dream and instead dreamt about a totally different subject altogether (Ahem, Pippa Middleton).

But anyway, the dream shook me enough to want to find out more. I want to feel that again. I want to experience it again. It just felt like I was supposed to experience it and that it could change my life forever if I pursue it further. Can anyone please help me in this regard? What probably happened in that dream? What may it signify? How can I experience it again? What do I have to do? Where should I start?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Listening to this song is the next step

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
learn who you are, where you came from and why you are here and what you need to do to return. id try looking within myself, if youve been around this site you know what i am talking about. no one can tell you the answer for you to fully realize it, you have to experience it for yourself. a journey of self discovery !

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Try to pick up meditation again, do breathing exercises (part of meditation). Eat well and exercise. Appreciate everything you can and expand your awareness as much as possible. Make these your goals when you get up in the morning and I believe you may see an increase in events like this in your life. Take note of 'coincidence' (synchronicity) as often as you can. I know that when I try to live well, things of the nature you've described happen will increased frequency.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
What an absolutely beautiful dream. I think just about anyone would want to experience that again!

Seems you are being blessed. The sun in dreams usually represents God, and seeing where it was a bright sun and clear day, no clouds, that usually represents a good relationship with the Creator or God pouring out his love upon you etc...

Dusk, in a dream, also represents a very powerful spiritual time, a possible awakening to new spiritual insights and understanding for you.

Green healthy grass represents a good spiritual foundation.

Stars in dreams often represent truth and the search for same.

The opening of your head was clear, and what you experienced in the dream can be your new reality in this material world (not just in dreams), if you follow what is right in true in your heart. Your higher self or God was showing you how good you'll feel when you open to true reality and gain a deeper spiritual understanding of your place in the universe. But don't let it go to your head. The ego is often the antithesis to spiritual growth.

I would say this is definitely a time of spiritual growth and new understanding for you, don't miss your chance! Don't get side tracked by unimportant issues. I don't know how much spiritual material you've studied already, but I would suggest reading anything on the Edgar Cayce material. This will give you a good foundation to start from. What type of spiritual material, if any, have you studied in the past or are currently studying now?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Reply to post by JasonT

You stated all your questions were answered. Can you give me some examples. The green grass stood out. Sounds not like a dream but a vision from above.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JasonT
It felt as if the star started getting closer to me. Either that or I was going towards the star. It all felt strange but as I got closer to the star, I had this very strange, very intense feeling at the top/back of my head. It felt as though the top/back of my head "opened up" for lack of a better term. My head didn't physically "open" but rather it felt as though my mind opened, and let me tell you, it felt extremely good. It was an indescribable feeling and sensation. It slowly opened as I was going toward the star but eventually felt as though it had fully opened. That was when I felt that everything made sense - God, the Universe, our role in it, every question I ever had, there was an answer for.

Sounds like a fourth dimensional tumble to me.

Where an object feels like it's getting closer, or larger,
while neither you nor the object are actually moving.
It's slightly disorienting but somehow the larger perspective
is comforting as one seems to be outside of perspective itself.

I used to get these a lot when I was very young when meditating before sleep,
or during first few times I was allowed to watch TV. I channeled it into my drafting
and started making designs for tesseracts and cutting out and building 3D shapes
from 2d plans using scissors and elmers glue. After a while I could use it at will to
see through a school desk or view the entire class room from a floor above looking down
and seeing everything inside the room, outside the room, and between the walls simultaneously.

The only time after that it would hit me in an uncontrolable way is a couple of times when I got a high fever.

The only danger I have found in it is loss of identity when being able to empathise with someone else
and people listening get offended that I'm not speaking from a selfish position.

But It sure feels good doesn't it.

David Grouchy

top topics

join