It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Current Transformation of Planet Earth - Scientific Members Wanted.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I've just begun to go through the paper seeking to verify some of the initial claims regarding the changes that are supposedly taking place. I started with this (I haven't tackled them in order):

1.1.7 A first stage atmosphere generation on the Moon, where a growing natrium atmosphere is detected that reaches 9,000 km in height. [17].

There are two problems with this: The first is "natrium", which can only refer to metallic sodium (Its the latin root, and what gives us the Na symbol for sodium. Apparently sodium can only attain a gaseous state at temps over 550 degrees C. The second problem is the 9,000 km thickness of this gas layer. The diameter of the moon is a little under 3,500 km. This would represent a completely unprecedented ratio of atmospheric thickness to size for any body with a solid surface.

1.1.6 A series of Martian atmosphere transformations increasing its biosphere quality. In particularly, a cloudy growth in the equator area and an unusual growth of ozone concentration[16]. Update Note: In September 1997 the Mars Surveyor Satellite encountered an atmospheric density double that projected by NASA upon entering a Mars orbit. This greater density bent one of the solar array arms beyond the full and open stop. This combination of events has delayed the beginning of the scheduled photo mission for one year.

This seems to have more basis in fact. The Mars Reconnaissance orbiter has found large deposits of frozen CO2 that they believe enters the Martian atmosphere at certain degrees of axial tilt, effectively doubling the thin atmosphere which is nearly all CO2:

Researchers plugged the mass of the buried carbon-dioxide deposit into climate models for the period when Mars' tilt and orbital properties maximize the amount of summer sunshine hitting the south pole. They found at such times, global, year-round average air pressure is approximately 75 percent greater than the current level.
Source

As for the stuff about Jupiter, that all seems on the level.

I'll be back.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I think!!!! I get your point but I understood it to be 1998 not 96 - not that that matters in the space of things. However, are you really suggesting this guy isn't credible Phage?

If so what on earth do you call credible? Come on!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

I posted earlier that I can't find the guy's name on any official listing or wikipedia or google search. Just godlikeproductions, ATS, and others that sound like conspiracy sites. Can someone verify this man exists and holds the esteemed credentials listed?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Karilla

Sodium ions are found at extended distances from the surface of the Moon (as part of the entire lunar "atmosphere"). Dragged by the solar wind they reach Earth and beyond (much more than 9,000 km). I can find nothing concerning it "growing", no indication of an extended increase in extent.
sirius.bu.edu...

edit on 5/25/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Have a good night, folks.
I hope you find the truth you seek.
No one responded to my 2 posts in this thread, so maybe my question isn't as important as it seems in my head. Just seems kind of crucial to the debate, but... whatever.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

You're right, there isn't much but I've come across a few more or less legitimate references.

A paper here:
www.scientific.net...

Used as a reference here:
www.springerlink.com...

Fringey one here. Used as a reference. Seems to be regarding aether
www.americanantigravity.com...

Whether or not it's the same guy...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I consider credible (for starters)

- An article which carries verifiable facts. There are "facts" which do not pan out in this article.

- An article published in a peer reviewed journal (if it's supposed to represent a scientific viewpoint). Nope

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks, Phage. According to the paper you kindly linked to the sodium tail from the moon extends upwards of 400,000 km. I can't help the feeling that this is pseudo-science, a feeling that is strengthened the more I read. Especially:

Such disturbances cause, and create, energy and matter transfer processes between the ether media and our three-dimensional world. The multitude of such phenomena, which is rich in it's quality and variety, is already growing quickly. Hundreds of thousands of these natural self-luminous formations are exerting a increasing influence upon Earth's geophysic fields and biosphere. We suggest that the presence of these formations is the mainstream precedent to the transformation of Earth;an Earth which becomes more and more subject to the transitional physical processes which exist within the borderland between the physical vacuum and our material world.

All of this places humanity, and each one of us, squarely in front of a very difficult and topical problem; the creation of a revolutionary advancement in knowledge which will require a transformation of our thinking and being equal to this never-before-seen phenomena now presencing itself in our world. There is no other path to the future than a profound internal experiential perception and knowledge of the events now underway in the natural environment that surrounds us. It is only through this understanding that humanity will achieve balance with the renewing flow of the PlanetoPhysical States and Processes.

Ether medium? Sounds suspiciously like the luminiferous aether that was disproved by the Michelson-Morley experiment.

Also, there is this little gem in the conclusions:

There are reasons favoring, or pointing to, the fact that a growth in the ethical, or spiritual quality, of humanity would decrease the number and intensity of complex catastrophes.

This would be the point in a face-to-face conversation at which I would start edging towards the door. My personal conclusion is: Overall, a bunch of arse.

Oh, and New_Here, don't take it personally. Post fly thick and fast round here, and its easy for one, two or many to fall through the cracks. There are plenty of articles on low temp physics and semi-conductors by an Alexey V. Dimitriev, but the only paper anyone has been able to find apart from the one in the OP attributed to Alexey N. Dimitriev is a paper on petroleum exploration. Many others have wondered what you have, it seems.

I just found a reference describing him as a Siberian physicist/remote viewing researcher. My guess is that he and the other two authors were not writing for peer review, but for the consumption of those with new age interests. Scientific rigour was obviously low down on the list of priorities. I have no objection to new age writings, far from it, but when something is dressed in scientific language for the sole purpose of imbuing it with more authority it feels like my intelligence is being insulted.
edit on 25-5-2011 by Karilla because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

The site is the middleman who carries the message - the message will be proven or disproven accordingly and his claims.

You don't shoot the messenger who ever that may be. I personally don't give a monkeys who the messenger is - it's the message that's being carried we're interested in, I accept that some sites carry a load of bull but this doesn't INITIALLY sound like a load of bull.

We should check it out - which is what the members are doing.

If you dismiss everything because it is from a certain site you may well be dismissing certain gems of information.

BINews is often ridiculed by many members but I see many members do use this site and often come up with some very valid news. It is assumed we use our own discretion. Also BINews does quite well in the latest rankings. But as I say even if they didn't - We are able to use our own discretion. All sites carry a load of BS including ATS. It is unavoidable.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
There are several things in this article that seem factual but either are misrepresented or that the writer of the article could have no way of knowing.

I strongly suspect that this article was not written when it purports to be written.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

This was supposedly published in Russian in "IICA Transactions, Volume 4, 1997".

A quick web search has failed to locate any such publication.

I also searched on "МИСС Сделки, том 4, 1997"

There was a Russian scientist with a similar name, but he was a Physicist who was primarily concerned with semiconductors and condensed matter (low temperature) physics, and who was associated with a different group (Moscow State University).

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Hi Kiwi lol. So where does that leave us? You said you did a quick search - ???

Would like to think this is a genuine paper - hope other members can throw some light here.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
SO THE POWER LINES ALTER EARTH'S MAGNETIC FIELD ALSO MINING IRON ORE
TV SIGNALS A LOT OF STUFF

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Please, sir, you misunderstood my problem. I could find no reference to the existence of the gentleman who wrote the article. I just wanted to verify he was a person on this earth, and then seek info on his credibility before I took the time to read the very interesting paper. I'm very open-minded, I promise. Thanks Phage for proving he is indeed a real person! Now I want to read the article.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

This was supposedly published in Russian in "IICA Transactions, Volume 4, 1997".

A quick web search has failed to locate any such publication.

I searched the exact string and also found nothing, then I bombed out at finding his name associated with the very agency/institute used in the paper as proof of his credibility. I figured either the paper is the product of a creative hoaxer with a lot of time on his hands, or Internet censorship is alive and well and keeping us from denying ignorance. Times like this, my gut instinct feels like the most trustworthy source of knowing. Sad, isn't it?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by new_here

I posted earlier that I can't find the guy's name on any official listing or wikipedia or google search. Just godlikeproductions, ATS, and others that sound like conspiracy sites. Can someone verify this man exists and holds the esteemed credentials listed?

I've looked for his papers on a Google search, and find this one cited and another written with someone whose email is "ufoguy." He's also very popular with the "zero point energy" folks.

I see some geological papers from the 1990's that look reasonable, but then he wandered off into UFOlogy and other areas that I don't think he has much background in. He cites his previous articles as proof supporting his own ideas. I am *not* impressed with his "electrogravitodynamic model of tornadoes."

In other papers he makes the bold statement (no proof) that the universe is" teeming with quantum mechanical life." (www.novamir.org...) I would DEARLY love to know what his definition of "life" is that includes a "quantum mechanical lifeform" (life on the scale of an electron.) He says that the Zero Point Field and Physical Vacuum theories are "somewhat based on ideas" by a scientist named Sakharov (this guy here: en.wikipedia.org...) " and then comments that the direction of these sciences in Russia and in the west were very different and blames it on possible translation errors or scientific culture differences.

This is kind of a facepalm moment on multiple levels.

Yeah, there were cultural differences. Scientists models of that era *had* to conform to Marxist theory, which led to a lot of wrangled research and some bad conclusions (Lamarckism, for one.) That a Russian is unaware of this seems to be a real flaw in his own awareness of science. But "difference in translation"? No. Those papers are quite well known and the math has been discussed and both supported and contested. Saying that it was possibly mistranslated is absurd... a physicist isn't going to mistranslate another's mathematical formulas. Math is independent of language.

I think Sakharov's ideas are quite interesting (until he gets to the "World Crystal", which I believe is unsupported by evidence)

In short, his understanding of math and physics seems to be that of someone who's an expert in geology but hasn't actually taken the Really Really Really hard math classes. His supporting papers are from the 1800's (yes. 1800s.) and he uses a textbook (!) and a fairly elementary one as a supporting document for the paper.

I think I'd go along with his papers on Siberian geology, but he got into UFOlogy and is pretty uncritical about things as long as they support his idea. I don't find the math or the science convincing here, and his coauthors are even less convincing.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by new_here
I figured either the paper is the product of a creative hoaxer with a lot of time on his hands, or Internet censorship is alive and well and keeping us from denying ignorance. Times like this, my gut instinct feels like the most trustworthy source of knowing. Sad, isn't it?

I'd go along with hoax, here. It's pretty pretentious and the papers don't have the math in them that I associate with good quality work on quantum mechanics and so forth. He makes a lot of bold statements (like "quantum life") and fails to back up or cite references. As a scientific paper, it's very shoddy.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I cannot find any trace of this guy on the UIGGS site or the SDRAS site,

tldr; the guy never worked at the places this article says he worked at

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekeye2
Hi Kiwi lol. So where does that leave us? You said you did a quick search - ???

Would like to think this is a genuine paper - hope other members can throw some light here.

It is remotely possible that a scientific paper or two could be lost/not archived, but it is highly suspect that a whole swathe of scientific publications simply disappear from history.

That, and the content of the paper (suggesting that Einsten & Bohr were wrong and purporting to show proof) would lead me to believe that this paper is bogus.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
It clearly states simply about the Earth being bombarded with energy.

The article mentions....

In the ionosphere by plasma generation.

In the magnetosphere by magnetic storms.

In the atmosphere by cyclones.

We are well aware of the depletion of the magnetosphere...shielding us from the Suns solar storms ....

And in Looking at our recent record Tornadic activity here in the US .....Joplin Missouri, Alabama....

BTW , I've a massive storm brewing here at the moment here in NH and must get off my PC ....but it does raise my eyebrows....to a degree.

Will read the remainder of the report later.....once the storm and lightning threats have passed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join