It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you ever forget your first girlfriend?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I have been hitched for some time and on most days are happy...
Anyways, I do find myself from time to time thinking of my first girlfriend/highschool sweetheart and wondering how my life would have changed had I have gone down that path. I know she is living out of state with a guy I know (he was a tool), appearently they lost their house, etc. and live with her parents - at least that is what I hear from the grapevine. Her parents were douches, but who knows...

Anyone else ever wonder?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

No, but they all remember me.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Although I never have a girl before I'm thinking that I the moment I started dating it will be the right girl because I don't want to experience the break ups.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
It depends on how much of an impact he or she made on you. The stronger the connection, the more of an impact it has i guess. I know I remember my first I see her in practically every girl who looks like her and is the same culture. So i agree with you lol

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I do, yeah... its been about 3 years since my first (and last) girlfriend. It was fun while it lasted.. right now, I miss sex but enjoy being single.. no drama, no requirements to talk on the phone or explain where I am... but yeah every now and then I think about her and imagine what would have been.

It does not always make me sad, I think of the positive: at least I did not get her pregnant. I do not want to bring a child into this crooked ass world.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Yaa its more like you remember the first girl you lost your virginity too. Cuz if I had to think of my first girl id have to go back the 5th grade and thats just too long ago

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I never did. I am still in touch with her even now, 26 years later. I get along well with most of my exes, well not my ex wife. She is a ***** from hell. I definitely married the wrong one.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
It's been 21 years since I broke up with my first real girlfriend. I still think about her every day.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I've forgotten the specific details of her.

She was short & called Sue (like my current wife) but I can't exactly remember her face or anything much about her.

It was 50 years ago.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by choppedbrisket

If it makes you feel any better, she could be a completely different person than the one you met so many years ago. Please live your life and hopefully you will meet someone who will make you forget, someone who you can cherish and be happy with.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I'll never forget my first girlfriend. I think about her more than the girl I lost my virginity to. She showed so much promise in becoming a real person but in the end she appears to have become a member of the status quo.While she disappointed me it's very very easy for me to cross people out of the book of my life.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I haven't, but I'm relatively young yet.
edit on 25-5-2011 by AmrikazNightmar3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AmrikazNightmar3

Well to clarify a bit. Just b/c I cross a name out in my book doesn't mean I tear the page out. I will never deny my history. What I eliminate is that persons significance in my life. In other words she went from having a large impact in my life to being nothing more than a face in a sea of faces. She is on par with strangers. That's worse, in that if she ever came back into my life it would be next to impossible for her to mean much to me.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Men are not alone in this - women also remember. Some Loves just linger on your heart and you never really move completely on, probably if you really explored the reason why it is because you left a bit of yourself behind with the dream. I have shades of lingering Loves. The thing is you don't know sometimes who will stay behind in your memory leaving a lasting mark - some you swear are the end all be all while you are in it - and when it doesn't work they fade, and some that you dismissed as not important you find linger later. I find the ones I really investigated Love with, I mean really invested - and it didn't work out, I think of less because I really put energy into it . . . the ones who for ever fated reason I never got to explore fully, some of those linger behind scattering the what-ifs. With the world of google I have been surprised to find myself contacted by some I NEVER EXPECTED I left in any lingering way. These experiences leave you exploring your impressions of the past. What I have learned is as a whole we don't communicate as well as we should in the present. Recapturing the past can be a fools game, I see that often now in my age group. (40-50)

My first Love completely transformed me though, it was unrequited, broke my heart and I never dove as deeply into the confines of my heart again. I Loved him completly though he belonged to someone else. I thought he didn't think much of me, until he found me early this year and fate found us both single. I discovered I am still in Love with the 17 year old he once was, with my arm around him - he became that boy. That was 30 years ago though. We were both overwhelmed and taken aback by the intensity of the feeling that lingered. I bring back his glory days because I remember all his sporting events, every wrestling match. That is very appealing when you reach midlife and realize mortality is real. Because I am a responsible adult now - I had to take a step back, we are taking things a step at a time now because we live in the real world and I sense we might just run over red flags in our haste to run back into fantasy - one that requires relocation and total life change and I have a child to think about.

But it is hard to be sensible, I am breathless, dizzy, confused, and cloudy headed thinking of him. Rational thought seems out of reach. It is the most terrifying experience of my life. So beware what you wish for.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I'll never forget my second girl!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Me and the only girl I've ever loved (other than family obviously) split up about 4 years ago, and I still think about her all the time. I've had several relationships since then, and I ended every single one of them because they were nothing compared to her. I can move on with my life, but not with another woman. I'm not turning gay or anything, but I have completely given up the idea of ever having another girl I care about like I did her. I've turned down several girls because I'm just not interested, she ruined relationships for me. I've decided I'll probably go to my grave without ever being with another woman, and I'm OK with that. Probably for the better if TSHTF anyway.

She wasn't my first girlfriend, but she was the first I ever loved, and no I have not forgotten about her, and probably never will.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by James1982
Me and the only girl I've ever loved (other than family obviously) split up about 4 years ago, and I still think about her all the time. I've had several relationships since then, and I ended every single one of them because they were nothing compared to her. I can move on with my life, but not with another woman. I'm not turning gay or anything, but I have completely given up the idea of ever having another girl I care about like I did her. I've turned down several girls because I'm just not interested, she ruined relationships for me. I've decided I'll probably go to my grave without ever being with another woman, and I'm OK with that. Probably for the better if TSHTF anyway.

She wasn't my first girlfriend, but she was the first I ever loved, and no I have not forgotten about her, and probably never will.

Sounds like you might be trying too hard. I think when you least expect it....WHAM... You'll meet the right girl. Please don't give up.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
We always look back with rose colored glasses. But if you really sat down and thought about it, it most likely would not of worked. Which is why they are now an ex.
Everyone thinks of the good times.

The grass is greener on the other side, till you find it takes the same manure to grow it.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta
reply to post by pityocamptes

No, but they all remember me.

Why is that? Did you give them a 'present' before you left?

new topics

top topics

join