It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police goes brutal on a guy, crowd gets angry and beat the hell out of cops

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
i think its only a matter of time before this becomes the norm, How long till people get fed up with the behaviour from our public officials and LEO's

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I hope the cop that was hitting him with that stick got fired too, and all of the ones holding him down.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Your a hypocrite of the worse kind. Its only violence when police do it? Is that what you are trying to say. How come you ignore the obvious violence against the police. Thats just nice and convenient for you to forget in your campaign of hatred against the people who are protecting our society.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I got no pity for anyone in a uniform with a badge. They get what they deserve. What we need is an angry mob today on memorial day to hunt down that swat team that muedered jose guerena the 2 time iraq war veteran in his own home on may 5th during a "drug bust" he was shot 61 times and never even took the safety off his own gun which he had every right to own and use to defend his home and family. Guerena was 26. the war on drugs is an excuse for police state tyranny and state sponsored murder. they consider our returning vets terrorists. this country is so broken. those Tucson AZ swat guys should be the ones getting beat to a pulp by an angry mob.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pryde87

Your a hypocrite of the worse kind. Its only violence when police do it? Is that what you are trying to say. How come you ignore the obvious violence against the police. Thats just nice and convenient for you to forget in your campaign of hatred against the people who are protecting our society.

obviously you don't read my posts pryde,and I'm tired of you accusing me of things I'm innocent of.

Yes,I had a knee jerk reaction when I saw what that security officer did, and it enraged me to the point that I did want to see him get a baton to his head a few times. They got the wrong guy,and it wasn't the way to handle it. I still think the guy who originally stopped the beating was brave and did so with good intentions.

Now,that being said..I dare you. to look back at all the posts I've written,and tell me where you see a cop hater..Also check out the thread with called POLICE BRUTALITY COMING NEAR YOU ,and read my posts there, and then accuse me of being a cop hater.

You are full of it pryde,and if you think falsely accusing people of something they are not makes you look good,think again.

What I hate is cops misusing their power, and the over the top excessive force they use in situations,where it is not needed. I don't like corrupt cops ,that think they can get away with criminal behavior, but look for the opportunties to arrest someone for things they are much guiltier of.

If that makes me a cop hater, then you're delusional.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Maybe more Americans will follow soccer now? haha

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I've always wondered is this how the police will wake up? Does it take events like this, and events like this to happen more frequently for them to reflect on their actions and practices or will it just cause them to entrench in their ways even further?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Ive read your posts, thats why I think you have a very biased opinion of police. You never see their side of things and because of that I think that you are looking for reasons to bash the police. Thats just my opinion. Take the moral high ground and call me delusional, say whatever you want. This is a debate, if you cant hear the other side then dont bother contributing.

Why are you saying that the first guy, who went to kick the police officer in the head was brave? If he was brave he could have stopped it without contributing and essentially starting a very brutal attack on police officers. But as I said, you only see the criminal side.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ucantcme

The higher road is worthless if it takes us off a cliff. Sometimes it is justifiable to meet like with like.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

No, I'm not confused, that's what the Portuguese law says.

Private security in Portugal is limited to:

a) monitor and protect persons and goods in places of denied or conditioned access to the public, as well as prevent crimes;
b) control the entry, presence and departure of persons in places of denied or conditioned access to the public;
c) the transport, handling and distribution of values;
d) Operate alarm monitoring centres.

It even states, clearly, that although they can have the powers to search people entering controlled access areas like sports arenas or airports, they do not have the power to apprehend any objects or make arrests.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Not so badass now, eh? Shiny badge don't protect you from the real power of the people. It pleases me to see that there's still some human spirit left! Support your fellow civilians!

Not so much of this here in Norway, tough. Here the cop's is not allowed to carry guns or batons. Nor pepperspray. They aren't allowed to even use violence!! So come to Norway and see that the crimes keep growing!

Peace!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pryde87

Ive read your posts, thats why I think you have a very biased opinion of police. You never see their side of things and because of that I think that you are looking for reasons to bash the police. Thats just my opinion. Take the moral high ground and call me delusional, say whatever you want. This is a debate, if you cant hear the other side then dont bother contributing.

Why are you saying that the first guy, who went to kick the police officer in the head was brave? If he was brave he could have stopped it without contributing and essentially starting a very brutal attack on police officers. But as I said, you only see the criminal side.

The first guy,that ran out to that feel,just jumped on all of them,so he could stop the clubbing of the man pinned,and being put under arrest ,I didn't follow what he did after..and I didn't see who kicked the cop when he was down.

Anyhow pryde, I think you're narrow minded,and if you think calling me a cop hater is a debate,and twisting around my posts,so be it.

I don't care what people I have little respect for , like you ,think of me.

If a cop is way over the line, and breaking the law,(no matter how they whitewash it) I will never condone those actions. I've met cops I have a lot of respect for,and do their jobs with dignity.

case closed !!!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

You are right, HERE in Portugal the security companies cannot arrest.
But this happened in Switzerland, and if you pay close attention to the video, the jacket of the "cop" says Protectas, a private security company.
Also, I've already posted a link to a Portuguese newspaper explaining the details of the events.
But, here it is again:
www.record.xl.pt...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 9an9a

Yes, that's why I said this couldn't happen in Portugal, our laws do not allow for this type of situation.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Those arent cops...they ar security guards...read the label on their backs....and thats not America either...and that guy was running away....ask for it,somebody is going to give it to you

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Absolutely love it. Wish I could s&f it a 100 times.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Originally posted by freedish
most people in this forum have a personal vendetta against cops for whatever reason...the hatred in this thread against the cops is totally over the top.

Watch a few more police brutality videos. This is what's over the top. And I'm sure it happens more often than you like to pretend it does.

now i could understand if the cops were beating the tar out of him... but they were only giving him a few jobs to get him to comply...(what were the cops supposed to do? just stand there and wait? say pretty please with sugar on top?)

Pretty much, yes. Have you ever heard that patience is a virtue? We need compassionate people to fill the uniforms, not roughneck brownshirts. Instead of being patient, they'll gladly beat your head in with a baton just so they can get back to doing nothing quicker. Cops were not always like this. They actually used to be patient and even able to handle mouthy people without getting upset and taking it personally and having to whip their johnson out and start showing everybody how much of a "man" (boy) they are. Not to mention they could have just waited for the guy to get done running around and not have made a scene. He wasn't running around with a gun and no one was in immediate danger. It's not like he could have easily gotten out of the stadium without being confronted by security and given a ticket or something. They run out and tackle and start beating on the guy because their hearts are not in the right place, and so they get the tar beat out of them too in return.
edit on 26-5-2011 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

you have a point.

but what if the guy kept running around and the players weren't able to continue the game because of him?

after a few minutes of that idiots ruining the game I don't think those fans would mind the cops doing what they did..

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by freedish

wow you guys are retarded. the cops were only trying to help, and this guy was OBVIOUSLY resisting arrest. try to put yourself in the cops shoes. they wanted to get this guy off the field asap.

Its hard to resist arrest when you are already DOWN on the ground. The cops had this punk where they wanted him. Do you seriously think he deserved to be further beaten with a baton? Look at the video again.
Its pretty clear that the cop/security guy was NOT gently tapping him with that baton.

they guy was flinching and moving around, so obviously he was simply complying...

try being a cop for a day and then tell me your opinion.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Originally posted by freedish
wow you guys are retarded. the cops were only trying to help

Nah man, the crowd was only trying to help.

And they did help, the guy running with the flag got up and walked away.

Nah man. cops just doin their job.

Idiot with the flag being an idiot.

Idiots get arrested.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Just the typical low blow swipes from you again. I give up trying to get something of substance out of this. Let just leave it there like you suggested.

I think its a shame that a lot of people on here, see a police officer being assualted and all of a sudden go crazy with happiness. Its quite sad really. I cant understand the mentality that a lot of the people possess, in that they openly support violence against one group of people and then condone it against a much worse group (the criminals).

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join