It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Conspiracy Theorists Becoming A Laughing Stock?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman
Was Operation Northwoods a theory?
Where there WMD in iraq?
What knocked down building 7?
Did Bill Clintin infect south americans with syphilis and gonnerhea?

Operation Northwoods was a PROPOSAL requested by the JCS for a military reason to invade Cuba. It was rejected and never even went to the planning much less execution stage. No US citizens were killed or even harmed. The proposal itself made it clear no one was going to be killed or probably even injured, though they did leave that possibility open. www.infowars.com...

Yes, there were WMDs in Iraq. There was also considerable evidence that WMDs were sent to Syria during/after the invasion.

Fire and and damage from debris from the falling towers knocked down building 7. Fire was exacerbated by diesel storage tanks in the building for generators.

I loathe Bill Clinton but I doubt even he would do that.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcellante

I have seen quite a few posts here regarding how Conspiracy Theorists are being blatantly used by TPTB as a propaganda tool. To try and steer citizens into their way of thinking and push whatever rhetoric down our throats. I have now found an example that has got myself a little bit worried.

Laughing stocks? No, at least... no more than they, or we already were. And that is like so many other programmed perceptions in the public mind.

On the other hand, there have been two instances... one regarding solar flares destroying electronic/energy/communication infrastructure and then, the one about aliens attacking us because of that so-called global warming. These seem to be aimed squarely at the conspiracy community, perhaps to divide us and/or to gain a foothold in our psyche.

What we have in common is that we distrust the TPTB. Call it (obviously) distrust or cynicism or whatever, the conspiracy community is a thorn in the butts of those powers and they would no doubt love to find a way to control us more than they already do with the purposeful disinformation we sort and digest regularly.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Come to think of it, I wonder if the hijackers were conspiracy theorists!!!!

FBI Timeline on Wail al-Shehri...the flipping twins are still asleep. The hijacking is nearly over!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Well thanks to certain movies who make them see so, I would say yes.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Yes, the morons that post stupid things are doing no favours for people trying to find out the real answers.

Either they are disinfo trying to tar everyone with the same brush or are incredibly stupid.

Id like to see a weeks, month, then permanent ban for people posting hoaxes or incredibly stupid things.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
Yes, the morons that post stupid things are doing no favours for people trying to find out the real answers.

This is true to some extent but frankly, it doesn't matter that much because conspiracy theorists are never going to be respected in mainstream society anyway. And I'm a conspiracy theorist myself. I'm just realistic.

Either they are disinfo trying to tar everyone with the same brush or are incredibly stupid.

Id like to see a weeks, month, then permanent ban for people posting hoaxes or incredibly stupid things.

I don't think there's much harm in letting people post their theories (whatever they are). Censorship is never a good idea if you're looking for truth.
edit on 28-8-2011 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Yeah.......he's just doing that whole "there's a conspiracy to keep the belt from me" and it seems to be fading out slightly into more of a "the man is holding me down" thing to stop him being the big star.

Not the first time it's happened.

Remember in the late 90s when Chris Jericho had that "Conspiracy Victim" thing when he lost the WCW Cruiserweight title and even did a bit in the Library of Congress looking for a rule to get the title back or trying to get into the White House to speak to Bill Clinton about it?

I've even done it myself a while back, just entertainment and Ron Killings is a guy that WWE have had nothing for since he returned so the conspiracy thing has given him a character and a chance to speak on camera even if it seems his days of being a World champion were gone the last time he held the NWA's biggest belt years back in TNA.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
This is surprising anyone? Of course CT are being castigated. We are challenging the PTB. Their only reaction that MIGHT work is to discredit people that think. People that think are dangerous to them. The numbers don't lie though. Many are becoming aware to their BS. Damn I like the digital age.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Are Conspiracy Theorists Becoming A Laughing Stock?, page 3

No... the real CTi'sts are looked at as being Fringe People... at best

it's only when laame dupes like this WWE gladiator...align themselves with CT'ers that we get a more sour portrial in the greater society...

Wanna-Be'es---linking themselves to CT...because they are lame to begin with...only hurts our reputation & credibility

let this doof that had problems making it into the NFL... just shut up --- seriously !

i can appreciiate using any-&-all tactics to make a buck & reputation--- but claiming he's a CT'er without proof.... let him hang

If he's sincere, let that WWE wrestler document that he's a member- in good standing- here on this CT website or even another CT website (which i doubt he can sufficiently provide as evidence)

StUdio = aka Musivick (in another manifestation)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Your Question should be ....
Are Non Conspiriacy Theorists Becoming a Laughing Stock ?

Answer , Hell Yeah !

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Actually, it's slowly becoming the other way!

I was laughed at for years for speaking out against the corpo-government monstrocity pwned by the global elite.

Now a days, people are actually starting to listen with interest.

What helps is letting go of the rigid thinking, and absolutes.

Common folk have common sense, and they don't like someone talking AT them in absolutes.

So if you speak out in public about CT's do it with respect, and let people know that you know you don't have it all figured out, and you're just trying to spread awareness of these issues with your community.

Be open to their opinion, however bizarre it may be. If you are decent to them, you may just find them being decent back to you.

Or not, keep on the lookout for the sycophants.

They will fight you to the death to keep this system going!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Ron Killings (aka R-Truth, a ring name he's used for a few years before the conspiracy victim gimmick came along this year) isn't a theorist, he's just playing a character that thinks there's a conspiracy against him becoming champion.

Otherwise he's not a wannabe at all, he's a successful wrestler, former Tag Team and World Heavyweight champion and a pretty talented rapper too with several albums released over the last decade.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win."
-- Mahatma Gandhi

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
We're at an interesting inflection point where the old media has lost a lot of its credibility and gatekeeping functions, yet at the same time the internet is a wild, wooly swamp to wade through in search of the occasional diamond in the rough. In a sense, conspiracy theory has nowhere to go but up...I doubt trust in the "official story" has ever been lower among the general public. People are desperately seeking new answers and despite the poor signal-to-noise ratio, tinfoilers more than occasionally dish up unexpected value.
edit on 8/30/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Some of them yes. They know who they are....

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
One area where tinfoilers have really seen their star rise is economics/finance: precious metals investing, mistrust of credit, belief in systemic instability, understanding of the dark side of fiat money, deep pessimistic bias, etc. If you started following the "doom playbook" for the economy 3, 5, 10, or more years ago and played your cards right, nobody is laughing now. Nobody. Results speak for themselves. Even if you don't have much money, if you understood what was coming down the pike and prepared as best you could, you have an enormous leg up compared with almost everyone else. But its easy to forget the riducule heaped on people who thought this way for many years.

edit on 8/30/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

What helps is letting go of the rigid thinking, and absolutes.

Common folk have common sense, and they don't like someone talking AT them in absolutes.

So if you speak out in public about CT's do it with respect, and let people know that you know you don't have it all figured out, and you're just trying to spread awareness of these issues with your community.

Yes! The trick is to do it while they're actually listening to you. That is IF you can get them to listen at all. I tend to be long-winded once I get going. A lot of people just assume if you're talking about alternative theories you think you know everything. I try to tell people I'm not saying I know everything. Only that something is very wrong. And that should be obvious to everyone.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

i don't mind bieng laughed at. maybe conspiracy theorists just want to help in their own way.though it does seem to take the power from thier words when their labeled.and metaforeically black bagged.that's why i always keep my head shaved...i hate helmet hair.it's unseemly

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The real question is "when have they ever had credibility?"

I've read Antony Sutton's books(the main ones around the Bolshevik's and Hitler) and yeah, that is all wholly documented in fact and is very secret and is never mentioned on the mainstream news, because it's so ineffable.

However, there is a reason that Alex Jones and Jesse Ventura are allowed on Fox, CNN, etc. The reason is is that their claims are so incongruous with reality because they believe that "everything" is a conspiracy.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I think we are, yes.. Infact, I have even read a few people claiming "Conspiracy theorists" "is a mental disorder"

how funny is THAT! Would LOVE to meet the Dr. that said this.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join