It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Conspiracy Theorists Becoming A Laughing Stock?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Hi All,

I have seen quite a few posts here regarding how Conspiracy Theorists are being blatantly used by TPTB as a propaganda tool. To try and steer citizens into their way of thinking and push whatever rhetoric down our throats.

I have now found an example that has got myself a little bit worried.

From 9/11 to Usama Bin Ladens Death to Roswell excetera... We are ALL crackpots, nutcases, fruit loops and whatever other term is used to try and blacken our good names. Now it seems that this little exercise is starting to spill into entertainment programs. Notably the WWE.

I don't know if anyone else here watches the WWE. Many people have their reservations about it for many reasons but to those who do, may know what I'm talking about as I go on.

Currently, there is a storyline involving a wrestler by the name of R-Truth who recently became a Heel (Wrestling term for bad dude!) And for the last few weeks has been yapping about his push, or lack thereof, for a shot at the main WWE Title.

His main gripe is regarding a Conspiracy against him to stop him from attaining a title shot. So what? you may ask. Well, this is escalating into a scenario where we are being made out to be looney tunes. Watch this little snippet from Monday Night's Raw show, fast forward to around 5:30 to see for yourselves. Listen and decide.

Monday Night Raw 23.05.11

You heard that right? Even the good ole WWE is having a dig at us. Yeah I know, some of you may say "Just a storyline" or "It's an angle" but the fact is, at least in my eyes, is a smear campaign in full swing. Considering the WWE has a huge following what better way is there to get to the masses. It's genius.

I'm interested to know if anyone else has any other examples like this flooding into entertainment. Excluding the News of course.

In the words of R-Truth - "The truth shall set you free".

*Mods - I wasn't sure were to put this, so feel free to move*

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcellante

Personally I don't know what they say nor do I care what they say. They would have to be important to me to care. If they made their money off of me they would all be standing in the unemployment line. The only way most claptrap get on tv is be being a non-important, non-intelligent nobody who happens to know or be related to somebody. All the nobodys who are on the purse strings of the supposed somebodys. Are all non-existant to me.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Are Conspiracy Theorists Becoming A Laughing Stock?

Conspiracy theorists have been, and will always be, laughing stocks

I have seen quite a few posts here regarding how Conspiracy Theorists are being blatantly used by TPTB as a propaganda tool.

Yes, this is clearly more likely to be true rather than conspiracy theorists just being wrong and people making fun of them are just making fun of them.

From 9/11 to Usama Bin Ladens Death to Roswell excetera... We are ALL crackpots, nutcases, fruit loops and whatever other term is used to try and blacken our good names

Conspiracy theorists have good names?

but the fact is, at least in my eyes, is a smear campaign in full swing.

Making fun of insane ways of thinking is not a "smear campaign", quit trying to make it like everything is specifically out to get conspiracy theorists.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I haven't watched WWE for years now but loved watching Bret The Hitman Hart.

I don't really think they are having a go at ATS the guy just felt it was a conspiracy not to let him have a go at the championship. He's playing a brat character so itrs hardly a conspiracy just a story line.

It was like I never stopped watching because the only things I noticed that were different, was that I didn't know the Black guy and John Cenna(?) could hardly walk yet was fighting later that day. I loved The Undertaker, the Hardy Bros etc. Mr McMann always loves a story line and Steve Austin and the milk chasing Booker T into the Supermartket was hilarious.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Its just a simple truth that some, not all, conspiracy theorists are nut jobs. So I really dont let it bother me, personally. There is no point in denying it, and the more you defend the nuts the nuttier YOU look.

If we were running a counter campaign I would do it by pointing out all the times the government has been caught red handed lying and sneaking and manipulating. Watergate, the Iraq war, etc. time has brought a lot out into the open that at the time was probably written off as nutty conspiracy theory. Government experiments on civilians, etc.

Just because part of a group really is certifiable doesnt mean we all are. And, just because some conspiracy theories are ridiculous, doesnt mean they all are. Ultimately, you are on trial with the people you meet, not "conspiracy theorists" in general. If you are known to be level headed and reasonable, your opinion will hold more weight than if you are know to think everything is a conspiracy.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Well I just saw a thread on here with someone trying to link exploding watermelons to Nibiru...... so yes I think we are a laughing stock. And we deserve it with stuff like that.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcellante

Well I believe most people love a great conspiracy, if you have tantalizing facts or witness testimony..

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Conspiracy theorists have always been a laughing stock. Not sure what the "becoming" part is about...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
like any other group, there are the good (challenge and ask questions) the bad (I saw a youtube video, this is PROOF ! ) and the ugly (it's all a conspiracy and everybody but me is in on it !!!!!!!)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
People fear what they don't understand and they need to joke and make light of the truth so that it doesn't disturb them as much.

The truth is too much for most people. They don't like people that force them to see reality.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Yeah, we are already a laughing stock: The whole stock of us is laughing at the sheeple who believe 9/11 was done by 19 hijackers, and Obama's forged birth certificate is real. And we laugh at those that say the government is good when the reality is they are a bunch of crooks and traitors.

We've BEEN laughing at your stock for quite some time. Why do you ask???

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I bet the whole WWE thing was mcmahon's favor to the political elite to win an election....

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
If you took a poll here and asked the results to be reviewed by a psychologist, I think you would have your awnser...no offense meant to my fellow conspiracy theorist's...but there are a fair share of nuts (don't need the psychologist for this) that have really lost touch with fact and fiction.

It's the good with the bad thing, and unfortunatly the good does not seem to weigh well in the eyes of the general public, at least when it comes to conspiracy theories.

Who likes change anyway? Conspiracy theorist's have been nuts for years and for us to have a valid point now would mean changing the way it's always been...it's just not going to happen!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I think it is just the fact that conspiracy theories are very popular
nowadays that the WWE would have a story line that involved a
conspiracy.

Conspiracy theories are just the current soupe du jour and TV
writers try to capitalize on any current trend.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a84d441cc952.png[/atsimg]

Laughing at us means they are releasing all the tension from when they used to fear us.
It is a step in the right direction.

David Grouchy

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcellante
Hi All,

I have seen quite a few posts here regarding how Conspiracy Theorists are being blatantly used by TPTB as a propaganda tool. To try and steer citizens into their way of thinking and push whatever rhetoric down our throats.

I have now found an example that has got myself a little bit worried.

From 9/11 to Usama Bin Ladens Death to Roswell excetera... We are ALL crackpots, nutcases, fruit loops and whatever other term is used to try and blacken our good names. Now it seems that this little exercise is starting to spill into entertainment programs. Notably the WWE.

I don't know if anyone else here watches the WWE. Many people have their reservations about it for many reasons but to those who do, may know what I'm talking about as I go on.

Currently, there is a storyline involving a wrestler by the name of R-Truth who recently became a Heel (Wrestling term for bad dude!) And for the last few weeks has been yapping about his push, or lack thereof, for a shot at the main WWE Title.

His main gripe is regarding a Conspiracy against him to stop him from attaining a title shot. So what? you may ask. Well, this is escalating into a scenario where we are being made out to be looney tunes. Watch this little snippet from Monday Night's Raw show, fast forward to around 5:30 to see for yourselves. Listen and decide.

Monday Night Raw 23.05.11

You heard that right? Even the good ole WWE is having a dig at us. Yeah I know, some of you may say "Just a storyline" or "It's an angle" but the fact is, at least in my eyes, is a smear campaign in full swing. Considering the WWE has a huge following what better way is there to get to the masses. It's genius.

I'm interested to know if anyone else has any other examples like this flooding into entertainment. Excluding the News of course.

In the words of R-Truth - "The truth shall set you free".

*Mods - I wasn't sure were to put this, so feel free to move*

People who watch Athletic Plays(Pro-Wrestling, albeit dangerous, has more in-common with ballerina's then real Olympic wrestlers or MMA fighters) generally aren't taken serious. So if inbreds,, err mean fans of WWE start talking down on Conspiracy theorist's, others may look into some Conspiracy Theories with a more open mind.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I would go you one further. The plethora of conspiracy theories about any and all things may have been seeded purposely to protect the mother of all conspiracies - the JFK Assassination. In the nearly fifty year continuing campaign to keep the truth behind JFK's assassination from becoming known in its entirety, disinformation has become their strongest tool. The CIA was only too happy to have a conspiracy theory about aliens at area 51 circulating because it distracted people from the real reasons for area 51 - It was a CIA air base for, among others things, "black ops".

The history of the Kennedy Assassination is one of fall back stories. The original story was to be that Oswald shot Kennedy because he was a communist and admired Castro and planned to flee to Cuba after the killing. When President Johnson and J. Edgar Hoover got wind that there was evidence that Oswald was being impersonated at the Russian and Cuban embassies thus exposing a conspiracy to set up Oswald as a patsy they not only didn't want this to come out, Johnson was also afraid of the false trail back to Castro because it could conceivably lead to a demand for US military retaliation against Cuba, possibly leading to a nuclear third world war, so they fell back to the "single deranged gunman" position and instructed the Dallas police and District Attorney that "you've got your man" (meaning Oswald) and told them to stop investigating anything and anybody else. Johnson then controlled the cover up through J. Edgar Hoover's FBI (the only investigative tool of the Warren Commission) and his appointing of the members of the Warren Commission. They dutifully reported out the "lone deranged gunman" result that was requested.

When the House Select Committee on Assassinations (HSCA) re-opened the case in 1976, it was initially headed by Richard Sprague as chief counsel and who was subsequently painted as being "too aggressive and too uncooperative" (he refused to make deals with the CIA). He also asked for six and a half million dollars for the investigation and was told he would only get half of that. Character assassination came next and he was quickly removed and replaced by George Robert Blakey who oversaw the Committee's work and made a deal with the CIA that limited what documents the committee could see and prevented them from subpoenaing CIA personnel to testify. Sprague steered the committee to the third fall back position "yes there was evidence of a conspiracy" - "the mob did it". This was easy to do because they certainly were involved -- but they did not organize it, nor did they cover it up. That fell to the CIA, FBI, and the J. Edgar Hoover - Lyndon Johnson partnership, with some help from key Secret Service personal.

In 1992 the Assassination Records Review Board (ARRB) was tasked with retrieving and preserving all US government documents in any way related to the JFK assassination. The ARRB in 1998 released huge amounts of government documents and re-interviewed some of the key autopsy and Parkland Hospital witnesses resulting in many new leads and perspectives on the assassination. From the perspective of the military-industrial-secret police-mafia complex, the JFK conspiracy was unraveling too much, so the only tactic left was to bury all of this new information and new theories in a muddy sea of disinformation. The job became one of putting out rumors for conspiracy prone persons to jump on, of all kinds, seeding the paranoia, so that conspiracy becomes automatically associated with words like "Kook", "crazy", "tin-hats", etc. It’s easy because there are so many people out there already that are willing to believe the worst (ironically, partially because of the JFK assassination), so this seeding just feeds their natural tendencies. So they (the powers that be) have been successful in sowing the seeds of paranoia and distrust of any and all things government. Within that huge haystack of "conspiracies about any and everything" they continue to hide the needle that is "the truth, behind the scenes, about the coup d'etat that killed Kennedy ".

Separating the wheat from the chaff begins to become a nearly impossible task, except for the most dedicated, persevering, and perceptive who have the time and are willing to read all accounts and weigh and balance everything, rather than selectively cherry picking evidence and ignoring all contrary evidence. It might be time for another major movie that lays it all out on the line. A film that would also include the dirty secret that cancer causing viruses were released in millions of doses of polio vaccines in the 1950s and are suspected as being the cause of the huge increase over the last 50 years in soft cell cancer incidences. The agents of the government not only covered this up they conducted research aimed at creating a virulent cancer causing bioweapon initially designed to be used on Castro and subsequently used to finish off Jake Ruby before he could testify at a new trial that was ordered in a jurisdiction outside of Texas. (Ruby had requested to be taken to Washington where he would be safe to tell the truth but was refused by WC members Earl Warren and Gerald Ford). Ruby died within 28 days of his brand new lung cancer being detected. He claimed he had been injected with fast acting cancer cells.

Much of this information is documented in "Dr. Mary's Monkey" by Edward T. Haslam (pub 2007), and substantiated in "Me and Lee - How I Came to Know and Lose Lee Harvey Oswald" by Judyth Vary Baker (pub 2010). Additional well documented clues to pieces of the puzzle include: "JFK and the Unspeakable - Why He Died and Why It Matters" by James W. Douglass (pub 2008); "Inside the Assassination Records Review Board (ARRB) by Douglas P. Horne (pub 2010); and "JFK - The Mastermind of JFK's Assassination" by Phillip F. Nelson (pub 2010). All of these books are available in paperback at amazon.com.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Excuse me...but where have you been? Conspiracy Theorists have always been "played" as nut jobs.

Remember the movie..."Conspiracy Theory"...remeber the crop pilot in "Independance Day"... or how about Dale on King of the Hill...heck, even go back to Scooby Doo....

Any body that has seen "little green men" or believes something is amiss has always been considered paranoid and mentally instable. As such, in movies, TV, and media...we are the easy butt of jokes, parodies, and satire. You can even go back to the opening seen of the original 1972 "Texas Chain Saw Massacre"...as the future victims wander into the grave yard to see "if their grand daddy was dug up"...the local drunk lies on the ground....beer in hand...and chastises them..."I see things."

Welcome....anybody that has deviated from the flock and is now thinking for theirself....literally thinking out side of the box..ie TV...you are in a special club or association. Expect to be derided, verbally spat upon, chided, ostricized, segregated, and simply insulted....

However, you also have the pleasure of watching them and the mass populace squirm when events unfold and they stand there dumbfounded...unprepared...and you have adequate foodstuffs...water...gas...cash....firewood...

And they ask you...you of all people..."How did you know?"

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by symboybot

If Cuba had anything, anything at all that would put the US in a bad light they would have done so.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join