It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

XMB HELP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 07:31 PM
link   
need help. how can i make a forum like this? what do i need and how? thanks.

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 08:24 PM
link   
$$$$$$$$

[Edited on 21-4-2003 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Mar, 28 2003 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Well, money is just the first step...You also need to contact a host server & pay for your own website (Many choose to allow popup ads on their sites to cut down on personal costs).

At any rate, considering the problems that ATS has had, I would highly suggest that you choose someone besides Liquid Web & XMB forums when you make you choice for a server...Quite a few people would probably tell you about other servers to avoid as well, such as Angelfire.

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 04:50 AM
link   
voy.com...

It's free but there it's not an XMB forum (But you are allowed to use HTML tags in posts)
I use it for a forum centered on only one topic

Try also :
ezboard.com...

It's free too (To start) and the look is quite similar to ATS, you can open several topics sections.

I often on this board :
pub25.ezboard.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 08:35 PM
link   
thanks mates for helping me out

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I've recently made this one :

voy.com...

Dedicated to ESP, remote viewing and Mkinesys.
ACTUALLY THERE ARENt many messages yet...

[Edited on 31-3-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Well; hey.

I use Liquid Web and XMB; and don't realy have any problems.

Actualy; I have had only two major problems; when the PHP version got updated - i had to apply a fix [all of about 5 minutes to do] to the forums. And I had some mix-ups with the domain name i had cause my past registrar forgot to notify me it was due for a payment [all fixed now].

What problems have u had with XMB and Liquid Web? I might be of assisantance with the XMB part - I work a lot with the forums - editing, changing looks; etc. - and know a decent amount about them.

-Jonathon

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 09:54 PM
link   
here is mine now. hehehePinoysms

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Simply put, Liquid Web is very poorly operated. Any kind of problem and they will simply shut down your account until you contact them. This is something ATS discovered first-hand on numerous occasions, primarily because we were receiving so much traffic and creating such a high server CPU load that disabling ATS was the only way the server would run at an efficient pace.

We have since moved to our own dedicated server (most likely more powerful than the Liquid Web server which was running our webhost account along with a good many other clients.)

As for XMB, despite it's inefficient processing design and security flaws, one of our members is to thank for what you see today. In effect, a complete redesign and personalisation.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Are you a fan of Dr. Phil?

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I'm a fan of David Letterman if you know what I mean.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 01:21 PM
link   
If you don't want to go the XMB route, check out VBulletin, or phpBB, both of which offer a highl level of customization. I'm rather fond of phpBB myself, especially because its free unlike VBulletin, which requires a fee to download and license.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   
www.envisionfree.com

u can create freely, no questions asked as long as ads are at the top of every page.
sorry to advertise, i dont mean to...this is only meant as a response to the first post.
Cordially
Cyrus

new topics

top topics

join