It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's a Secret Patriot Act, Senator Says

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Bobaganoosh

Without any direct proof, your ready to overthrow the Government. What makes you so sure this is even real? We accuse our politicians and Government of lieing to the people all the time, except they are now believable when they make a comment you support?

Right...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

This country is headed down the crapper faster than anyone can stop it. By this time next year, the dollar will be completely worthless.
edit on 25-5-2011 by FTD Brat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrywhitechick
Whatever you think of the Senator on other issues I think he should be applauded for trying shed some light on this.
Yes I applaud him for raising awareness too but a few more details would be nice.

The patriot act we know about is already bad enough without a secret one.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

What proof do you want? Pointless documentation and verification of said act and those involved. Look around yourself, your town, your nation. Teachers lose their jobs, infrastructure collapsing all around us. Clean water is becoming scarce. No funds for help but all the funds in the world to hurt. There are 7 police officers in my town of 1400 people, when there used to be only 2 for the last 50 years. If you don't believe that everything is circling the crapper for this country than you are in denial.

Yea it's nice to have a source for information, but just in case you forgot, you have a few other senses that are probably telling you to get the hell out of dodge. The little voice inside us all is the only voice that doesn't lie. Listen to it every once in a while.

Everybody wants a piece of paper to tell them it is a fact. Well I hope for your sake you get the documented proof you need since you obviously have blinders on to everything that is going on around you.

Good luck, and I mean that sincerely.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
If 9-11 was an inside Job. Then the patriot act was a necessity to stop the good people in our government from finding out the truth

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by angrywhitechick

Wow. How can anyOne be held accountable for a "law" whose interpretation is secret? How can We be in control if We don't get to know how "laws" are being used against Us?

S&F, awc! We Humans need to revamp it all.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Could a USA version of the French Revolution be far off? There may be money to be made in building good quality guillotines.

Seriously I hope it doesn't come to this, but the so called 'ruling elite' need to be mindful that even their guards could turn on them.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by angrywhitechick

And this is the same thing that the Democrats complained about while Bush was in office, but now that Lord and Savior, Chairman Maobama is in office they'll vote for it.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

as a resident LEO
you should be able to provide some useful
[and relevant to this thread] insights into
this subject.

just my 2 cents

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

oh, that's the old "ignorance of the law is no excuse" excuse

we are expected to wait hand and foot on, and keep up to date re TCOTBIP's every whim.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Why arent there massive organized protests over this?

We got them for Bush's wars. Then they disappeared when they became Obama's wars.

We got them for stupid crap like Beck's rallies and Colbert's rallies.

Nobody is concerned enough to flood DC over this?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
damn wow..our government so full of secret like they got something to hide* new world order is coming..this is proof of it. spyiong on its own citizens like stasi and kgb did.or the geshtappo under nazi germany. i would not be suprised if one day not too far off, people like us here, agianst the patriot act, are rounded up, taken for the alst walk in woods, hands rope bound, kneeled down and shot int he back of the head or machine gunned. i would not be surprised at all....enemys of thier state*

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Bobaganoosh

What proof do you want? ....

Here are two additional stories that correlates with everything else we are seeing.

It is the reason why they are gearing up for a police state and/or Martial Law BTW. They KNOW people are going to be royally ticked when they finally catch on to how we have been betrayed by the CRIMINALS in DC.

First who are the three new people Obama is appointing to lead the "US Economic Recovery"

.....To replace Larry Summers as head of the National Economic Council, .... Gene Sperling, who held the same position in the Clinton administration. .... Chief of Staff.... William Daley, a former Clinton administration official and banker. And to top it off, General Electric CEO Jeffery Immelt was tapped to lead a newly created Council on Jobs and Competitiveness.

...in the 1990s Sperling worked behind the scenes to secure the passage of the North American Free Trade Agreement.... By the time Sperling moved up to take over the NEC, he was working on China’s entry into the World Trade Organization, an event which caused millions of manufacturing jobs in U.S. to be permanently lost.

Sperling also played a major role in repealing the Glass-Steagall Act, which separated commercial and investment banking. Many observers credit the act’s repeal with causing the financial crisis that brought the economy to its knees.

Daley too was instrumental in the passage of NAFTA and China’s entry into the WTO. During the debate over NAFTA, he served as a special council to the president. His only responsibility during that time was ensuring that the trade deal passed.

After delivering the trade pact that cost America 20 percent of its manufacturing jobs in just 14 years, Daley moved on to serve as Clinton’s Commerce Secretary from 1997-2000. During that time, he helped pave the way for China’s entry into the WTO....

Immelt, who will now have the president’s ear in an advisory role, has consistently supported the same failed trade policies that have cost America millions of jobs. As the leader of one of the world’s largest companies, he has been at the forefront of the outsourcing movement....

In the past, Immelt was a vocal supporter for China’s entry into the World Trade Organization. He also spoke out against the proposed “buy American” provision.

Immelt, Daley and Sperling certainly do not represent the “change” the president was fond of referring to in 2008. In fact, all three represent more of the same - failed trade policies that result in the loss of millions of jobs. www.economyincrisis.org...

NEXT how is that "Economic Recover" going to be accomplished???

This is what The Bernanke is really up to with Quantitative Easing [QE] or the doubling of the money supply that destroys the value of the dollar. It literally steals 1/2 of your savings and could lead to the collapse of the dollar and possibly hyperinflation.

The Irresponsibility of Ben Bernanke and How He Will Destroy the Dollar does a good job of showing how the US government with their "free Trade agreements" Like WTO, and NAFTA have betrayed the American people.

....QE has Keynesianism in its roots. All economists know the solution to unemployment is lower real wages. A central part of Keynes’ theory was the notion of money illusion. Keynes believed that workers would not accept nominal decreases in wages but that they could be fooled via inflation, a belief that only an elitist could have. If the cost of living goes up and wages stay the same, then real wages go down and presumably employment goes up (or down less than it otherwise would).

Inflation, the critical tool in the Keynesian paradigm, has been used regularly.

Since the formation of the Federal Reserve, the purchasing power of the dollar has fallen almost 96%.

Could Bernanke Spark a Run on the Dollar?

....The only real fix is to lower the cost of U.S. workers relative to foreign rivals and machines, or else raise their bang for the buck. The latter, while clearly preferable, requires education and training that won’t turn things around overnight.” (“The Fed’s Magic Show Appears to Be Over”, Wall Street Journal)

In other words, the Fed is planning to give every working man and woman in the US a big pay-cut so they can go nose-to-nose with foreign labor. You can see how this blends seamlessly with Obama’s State of the Union Speech where he focused on “competition” as his central theme. More importantly, Obama reiterated his pledge to double exports in the next 5 years. The only way that can be achieved is by destroying the dollar. Here’s a clip from an op-ed by Judy Shelton that explains what’s going on: “Beware of President Obama’s call for a doubling of U.S. exports over the next five years as a way to reduce the unemployment rate. The obvious quick route to export success for any nation is to depreciate its currency. Dollar depreciation is already being pushed by the Obama administration as the key solution for resolving our massive trade deficit with China………The government will continue to run a large budget deficit, which must be financed by issuing more government debt. The debt is monetized when the Federal Reserve purchases it from the public. The effect is to increase the money supply. Inflationary monetary policy goes hand-in-hand with a falling dollar in foreign-exchange markets.” (“The Wrong Way to Double Exports”, Judy Shelton, Wall Street Journal)So, while working people and pensioners see their savings sliced in half to accommodate the globalist dream of an evenly-depressed world labor market; the investor class will get regular injections of Fed liquidity via QE2 to keep stocks “bubbly” and profits high.....

www.economicnoise.com...

Sure explains WHY we ratified the World Trade Organization.

It explains WHY Clinton's signed laws that repealed the McFadden Act of 1927, the Glass-Steagall Act of 1933 and the Bank Holding Company Act of 1956 lead to the Formation of Mega Banks. Clinton (and Carter) were responsible for the Housing and Community Development Act of 1992 and the Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000. This is the batch of laws that were responsible for marginal mortgage loans doomed to fail and the unregulated CDSs used to insure the banks against foreclosure using tax payer money from the bailed out AIG.

A list of important banking laws can be found here: www.fdic.gov...

We can thank Reagan for gutting American industry by allowing Leveraged buyouts and the shipping of whole factories overseas.

Traitors in the white house (Democrat AND Republican):
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I posted this in another thread but couldn't help but think that it was appropriate here as well.

---We, as a whole, abhor and resent our freedoms.
We can not handle the resposibility they carry with them.
They are an inconvenience to us.
They are the reasons we have to listen to Rush and Glen.(what idiots, can someone please pass a law to have them removed from the airwaves)!!!
They are a thorn in our side.
They are a burden.

Without them we would all be so much happier.

The neighbors would not be allowed to spout off at the mouth about how much the President sucks.
Hell, do you know that yesterday I overheard my boss saying that if a revolution against our government broke out that he was going to be in the front lines?? He said he has the firepower to take on anything they can throw at him.
I am reporting him to the FBI as soon as I am done.That bastard is finally going to get what he deserves.

My co-workers would finally get what's coming to them for forcing me to listen to conservitive talk radio because they refuse to turn it off even though I've told them SEVERAL times that it offends me.

The Christians would finally be held accountable for shoving Jesus down everyones throats and be forced to take down those Goddamned manger scenes and crosses everywhere. Thoses people have been told several times that they offend me and yet.....they still persist. They will be forced to stop soon enough.

The damn Gun owners who think it is their right to arm themselves for home protection/self defense and hunting will finally be made to turn in their guns. They have been told several times how much those guns offend me. They make me afraid. The only people who will own guns are the police and the military, then we will all be safe again from the terrorists.

People who ARE arrested for breaking the law will finally be held accountable for their actions.
No more "speedy trial" or "right to an attorney" And can anyone honestly tell me that it is fair that these people can commit a crime and then have a right to a trial by his peers??? WTF?? They will finally be locked up and the key will be thrown away. Once we start treating criminals like we do the prisoners at Guatanimo we will be a great country again!

I am so tired of people yammering on about rights this and rights that.
Get OVER IT!!!
It's a two thousand year old document or something!!!!
People need to wake up and realize that if we don't get tough the terrorists will win.
I don't want to die....do you???
Those people hate us for our freedoms and want to kill us for our freedoms.
If we get rid of the freedoms.....they'll go away, plain and simple!!!

It is not fair that I get my American Idol interupted for breaking news this and breaking news that, usually talking about
terror alerts and Osama. We need to kill everyone who doesn't look like us and let god sort 'em out so I can get back to my T.V. dinner and watch my stories.

Do you know that yesterday,while I was driving, this guy changed lanes without signaling????
Can you imagine?? What nerve!!! When the government finally gets their # together and starts installing more cameras on the interstates people like that will finally go to jail...and rightfully so! Who in the hell do you think you are???

People will pay dearly for obstructing justice and interfering in police wok by filming the cops, as well they should.
They are trying to protect us from the terrorists 'n' stuff and they don't need you getting in the way.Off to jail you go,lol.

Would you believe that just last week, my wife and I were watching the evening news and they were talking about the fact that the police were forced to taze an infant because of his refusal to comply and she just sat there shaking her head??? I know what she was thinking and thoughts lead to actions, we all know that. It was just the way she was shaking her head, as if to say,....I'd wish someone would KILL those cops!!! That will be llegal to think and she god damned good and well knows it!!!All it is going to take is one more time of her serving me cold dinner and I WILL report her ass. What if that infant was sent here by Alquada to blow us up?? Did she even stop to think of that???? NO!!!! IDIOT!!!! Have you never heard of a baby bomb before??? They'll do it, they're crazy.

If we continue to complain about our freedoms the terrorists win.
The president is going to kill them and keep us safe.
The Navy SeALS are on it. They know what to do to get them.

We just have to trust in our leaders and it will all be ok.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

DAMN! reagan shipped american jobs overseas? gotta look into that. i was a pre teen in the 80's. well, when reagan became president, in november 1980, donald reagan, chairman for meryl lynch bank, was secretary of treasury. in a speech, at white house booth, he turns to president reagen, and tells him to hurry up, and reagen is like oh ok ok...imagine that a CEO told the president,s taff in cheif to hurry up. reagen was an actor, not a politician. CEO's in the secretary of treasury, and actors as preidents....soemthings DEF wrong thier. might as well have howdy doody as the president*

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
What we have here is not just the citizens against the Government.
What we have here is the Citizens against the citizens!

In addition to fighting the totalitarian government we are having to fight the mentally retarded citizens
who actually WANT to be relieved of the burden of their freedoms.
They will argue with you 'till they are blue in the face about why it is so necesary to give up this and give up that, so we can kill the terrorists.

What many of you fail to see because you carry a bit of humility is....you are awake and aware!!!
MOST MOST MOST people are quite literally socially retarded and scared to death!
As long as the American Idol and Dancing with the Stars is not being cancelled then they will be fine.
There would be more of an outrage in this country if American Idol got cancelled than if the public found
out about a 'secret patriot act'. That is just the truth.

If you plan on fighting the good fight, just know,...you aren't only fighting the Government, you are fighting the MAJORITY of America!!!!
You are crazy!
YOU are a conspiracy nut!!!
YOU are the reason the terrorists are going to get us!!!
YOU are one of THEM!!!

It is a perfect plan, the one the Government set up.
No one cares!!!
No one cares!!!!
No one cares!!!

The small minority that do......well..... they are easy enough to deal with now that the Patriot Act is renewed.
This is finally it folks.
The America that you thought you were living in is finally dead.
The America that MOST people live in is finally safer!!!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Wow, I thank you for your input there. That is a stack of supporting documentation and "proof" of this nations immenent downfall.

I am just trying to get people to look around. Just see the difference ten years has made in the lives of americans. The terrorists have nothing to do now because our government has done a much more effective job of psychologically terrorizing its people. I haven't felt threatened by a single muslim in my life, but I feel threatened by my own government.

Thanks for your contribution as I am too lazy to find supporting documentation to prove what I know to be happening through simple observation.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by Amaterasu

oh, that's the old "ignorance of the law is no excuse" excuse

we are expected to wait hand and foot on, and keep up to date re TCOTBIP's every whim.

Ah. GOOD little slaves. Gotcha!

[sigh] The "master" can change the rules as the "master" wishes.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Its news like this, the citizens an taxpayers of this country, shuold be up in arms about. but no, we all choose to remain silent, slug off to work half awake, dumbified, and allow ourselves to be plowed trampled n bulldozed over into our graves. we ALL should be protesting at least, outside congress, with pitchforks, tar n feathers, or mollases, chugging beer bottles at the walls of it in justifiable anger for this stuff to NOT happen. as the saying goes, say something now or forever hold your peace and recieve yuor just rewards for doing so ..... slave

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
revolt* thats the key word. revolt against their pens and legal papers. throw monkey wrenches into thier works* by any and all means possible

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join