It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's a Secret Patriot Act, Senator Says

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

There's a Secret Patriot Act, Senator Says

www.wired.com

You may think you understand how the Patriot Act allows the government to spy on its citizens. Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Oregon) says it’s worse than you’ve heard.

Congress is set to reauthorize three controversial provisions of the surveillance law as early as Thursday. But Wyden says that what Congress will renew is a mere fig leaf for a far broader legal interpretation of the Patriot Act that the government keeps to itself — entirely in secret. Worse, there are hints that the government uses this secret interpretation to gather what one Patriot-watcher calls a “dragnet” for massive amo
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I am not surprised. Other people have been warning the public about this for a while. I understand that some things need to be kept confidential but it seems like the basic interpretation of the law should be an open and known fact to the citizens of the country. Whatever you think of the Senator on other issues I think he should be applauded for trying shed some light on this.

www.wired.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
the patriot act is reason to rebel

when america finally realizes what this bs bill does

they will tear it down

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Secret laws? Secret tribunals? Secret interpretations of laws? Tell me again about how we are "free"?

+15 more 
posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Yeah well how about this for a secret interpretation of what the law says:

You are all criminals and traitors to the American people and ought to die immediately by lethal injection.

Or perhaps drawn and quartered would be more appropriate.

So they are so secret that we can't even know the interpretations of the law they are going to use against us?

Right. :shk: Where does this end? At the 2nd American ARMED revolution. THAT's where. Cause NOTHING else is cutting it, and I am sick and tired of you pacifists that are just continuing to get people killed by lack of action. While you sat there, how many more people were just killed in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, and Pakistan by AMERICAN power?

God you make me sick.

Enough of this crap.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I've been posting this anywhere i could lets just hope the people wake up and stop this from happening!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by angrywhitechick

Well yeah. The stinking state supreme court judges talked about ``post-patriot act jurisprudence`` to justify their ruling of killing the 4th amendment.

So... they are using the patriot act as a legal precedent to destroy everything that is left in the bill of rights.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

First: EPIC name and avatar.

This is par for the course. There is always room for interpretation, even when no interpretation is needed. Like with the U.S. Constitution. Perhaps this Democratic Senator should kneecap his brother-in-arms Harry Reid who just pushed through the current extensions today.

/TOA

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
We should all know by now that we are being watched. This just confirms what we already know.

Makes me sick!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Where does this end? At the 2nd American ARMED revolution. THAT's where.

We need more Americans to wake up and realize that's where the US is headed.

I'm getting ready myself. All I need now is more ammo and I hope to get set of body armor eventually.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Not surprised at all.

Another terrible sign of where our country is and is continuing to go.

We are in sad times and something needs to happen.

Some REAL change!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

We are being squeezed like a ripe lemon. Try to do something about all this death and FEMA camps. Do nothing about this death and FEMA camps. The only thing that is going to save any of us is Aliens (probably not) planetary destruction(doubtful). Where do we go from here?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truther9111776
the patriot act is reason to rebel

when america finally realizes what this bs bill does

they will tear it down

Doubtful. Your Americans don't want to know. Remember this? Ignorance is Bliss.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123

We are being squeezed like a ripe lemon. Try to do something about all this death and FEMA camps. Do nothing about this death and FEMA camps. The only thing that is going to save any of us is Aliens (probably not) planetary destruction(doubtful). Where do we go from here?

Why we? Why not ask yourself, "Where do I go from here?"

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by theUNKNOWNawaits
Not surprised at all.

Another terrible sign of where our country is and is continuing to go.

We are in sad times and something needs to happen.

Some REAL change!

What needs to happen? Your chair in front of your computer. You know the one you are sitting on, it is quite comfy isn't it?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by FTD Brat
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Where does this end? At the 2nd American ARMED revolution. THAT's where.

We need more Americans to wake up and realize that's where the US is headed.

I'm getting ready myself. All I need now is more ammo and I hope to get set of body armor eventually.

Ready for what? Are you afraid you might lose control of your cubby hole?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
i've had multiple friends question me about what the patriot act even was. pathetic. if this is true. hell, even if it isn't, the politicians in washington need to be "shuffled loose their mortal coil".

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

Anything considering nothing is going on now.

And I was talking about real change not the change Obama and the elite were spreading in 2008. Because that was great change wasn't it?

And to answer your stupid question, I am on not sitting in a chair, I am chilling on a bed. Is your chair comfy? Stop wasting my times and others with such stupid replies.

Even if you bother to reply, I won't to you again, so don't waste your time.

Have a good life, mate.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

The the Senator needs to put up or shut up and expose the "secret" act so we all can see it.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
More and more of the same. Just a pinch of your freedom here, a dash of surveilance there, throw in a heap of deception on the part of our national leaders, you get a police state, or 50 of them. I'm tired of seeing this recipe for distaster being prepared over and over again. In case nobody has noticed, nobody cares. The sleepers of this decieved and broken nation don't wish to wake up. They learned by watching movies how hard things can be when the burden of truth weighs on your conscience. "Why oh why didn't I take the red pill?" Nobody will believe a word that is being written or said that tells them "Hey, that make believe show you love so much, yea, it's being cancelled."

But, I'm a glutton for punishment. So I'm not going to stop saying it, writing it, preaching it. People of the United States. Our government is the worst enemy that we could ever ask for. They are far more sinister than any terrorist organization because they can't just hurt a few dozen, hundred, or thousands of people. They hurt MILLIONS! They hurt us every single day that they don't controll themselves. Wake up please! 3000 some odd people died on 9/11, that is no reason for 330,000,000 people to lose their lives. Stop taking their prescription drugs and stop doing your pointless freaking jobs for five freaking minutes and realize just how much of every aspect of your life is being monitored or controlled by these parasitic fear-mongering jack offs. It is not your "safety" that concerns them, it's the controll of every decision you make.

They will never let this atrocity of legislation die, because with it's death would come the demise of big bad brother. And I personally believe that they truly enjoy prying into everybodies lives. Think about how much you love your retarded reality television, knowing good and well that everything is scripted. Well the America show is far more interesting for these voyeristic, sad, soulless wretches of humanity. It's a look at something they will never understand. It's a look at honest living.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join