It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boycott Air Travel Indefinately ???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
I am already doing this myself personally. Whether or not others follow me, I really don't care anymore. It is a waste of time and energy to try to get others to follow. I can't change anything other than what I do, and I have definitely done so.

I have stopped flying as well.
right there with ya

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
My family and I have not flown in years. It's not worth the hassle in my eyes.
I fear I would most assuredly open my mouth and start trouble and get tossed.

So many talking monkeys like to chant their manta that no one is forcing you to fly, so in answer to them as well, we say vote with your wallet. As for the trains, they too will be under the same scrutiny soon enough. We have this beautiful train station being built nearby and I will happily use them until they start their crap too.

I have always said that I can provide my own safety while maintaining my freedom, I do not need a nanny state.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
an update from Texas

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Didja note the sign? "Show 'em now, or have 'em squeezed forever."

edit on 25-5-2011 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

Didja note the sign? "Show 'em now, or have 'em squeezed forever."

any scuttle butt on the massive recruits
to the Texas Militia ???

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I have been boycotting since the groping started. I actually had to eat my 200$ plane ticket to vegas, because I was/am sickened by these security measures. I bought my ticket and then a week later TSA starts molesting. Damn you for ruining my vegas vacation. I will not fly for s&@t

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

As a Texa-Flora-Bamian I will say that I have had mixed feelings 'bout Texas overall. However, Texans are the type of folk that just might be the first State to say "No!" and actually mean it God bless 'em.

If so...I just might have to move back. Wouldn't it be fascinating to see a State form a camaraderie with some militia units?

Just one State sticking up for state rights and I bet more would follow.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I would but... I have the WORLDS most annoying brother-in-law. Long trips would be dangerous for him.. and me because I WOULD throw myself out of moving vehicles to get away from the constant jabbering...

I think CERTAIN aspects of the patriot act are necessary, I think it's dumb that you can't even bring a nail file on a plane anymore but...

Quite honestly, if people would just grow some balls, terrorists would be AFRAID to hijack planes. Let them try to take over a plane in the deep south and see how many pieces of them come whimpering off, begging for jail.

On the other hand, getting into the US, needs to be a little harder. I'm thinking a thumb print scan to make sure you really are who you say you are. Computers can have it, why not airports? Just have it right after the metal detector or something.

TADA, no terrorist getting in the country anymore! (and no criminals flying under a false ID). After that, just make sure we're not carrying a machine gun or something, and we're good!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sisgood

On the other hand, getting into the US, needs to be a little harder. I'm thinking a thumb print scan to make sure you really are who you say you are. Computers can have it, why not airports? Just have it right after the metal detector or something.

TADA, no terrorist getting in the country anymore! (and no criminals flying under a false ID). After that, just make sure we're not carrying a machine gun or something, and we're good!

You should inform your self a little more, then, before you go saying the Patriot Act is so good. They already have retinal scanners that people I know from the UK have had to go through before coming in. SO........................thumb prints are passe.

And they STILL want to grope us. The problem is that people like you buy into the whole "its for your own safety" bullsnip. No. Its not. At all. If your safety were the concern there are lots of things that kill Americans in vastly greater numbers than terrorists your government could legitimately be cracking down on without violating the Constitution to do it. Its not about your safety. Its about stripping your rights from you and getting you to beg them to do it because you are scared.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
The problem is that people like you buy into the whole "its for your own safety" bullsnip. No. Its not. At all. If your safety were the concern there are lots of things that kill Americans in vastly greater numbers than terrorists your government could legitimately be cracking down on without violating the Constitution to do it. Its not about your safety. Its about stripping your rights from you and getting you to beg them to do it because you are scared.

AMEN
i couldn't have said it better myself

star 4 u

edit on 5/25/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Hi Boon,

That image isn't a TSA publication.

It was made by an artist who's name escapes me. (ETA) It's Inti.

I imagine he has a somewhat macabre sense of humor, but his purpose was to send a message.

I think he was successful.

I put it up on one of my blogs and it's a rather popular download.

Here is the site listed on the image, (his/her name may be Mojito?)... found the image!... mojito.over-blog.net...

From the post: (in case your translator's in the shop)

My first rectal search

[snip]

And here, inspired by so much love and good sense, a false cover children's book (originally in English too):

[image]

I know it has the subtlety of an Israeli bulldozer in a china shop. It is desired. And it's not often that I show my side committed here.

Peace,
Pixel

edit on 5/25/2011 by PixelDuster because: classified

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

You should inform your self a little more, then, before you go saying the Patriot Act is so good. They already have retinal scanners that people I know from the UK have had to go through before coming in. SO........................thumb prints are passe.

Along those lines, and in keeping with the spirit of the unnecessary searches....

New Biometric Device (Here)

An FBI-certified (whatever that means) device that can read your fingerprints from 6 feet away.

Coming soon for your safety... because they need to know who they're protecting, I guess.

edit on 25-5-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by redrose123

Sounds like a winner to me. I not much into having strangers hands down my pants to begin with. There would be no reason to bail them out if they weren't doing business. I think that could be a start if it isn't convincing enough then move on to other things. Of course I am one of those people that think we should stop everything until they start to fix things.

well I'm not too fond of them groping me either
but what really gets my goat is seeing it done
to babies and 3 yr olds.

Do "I" think it is right, no.

BUT,

You have to stop and think:

Would the evil "al qaeda" monster that we are all supposed to fear
hesitate to fill a baby's diaper or small child's underpants with
explosives ?

TPTB have created monsters and those monsters lurk in every
corner, dark closet, under every bed and in every child's underwear.

"BOO !!!" says the scary monster.

And no, I'm never flying again unless it is an emergency.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I don't fly, I don't go to or rent movies, and I don't purchase music.
Been about 12 years now.

I also have no bank account, car payment, credit cards, and unfortunately, thanks to U.S. Bank, no mortgage.
I kinda wish I still had the mortgage, because I also own no home, currently.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Nobody will fully boycott the airlines. It won't happen imo. IF it did and it bankrupted them I am sure the govt would bail them out.

Thing is when you boycott the airlines those innocent people who work them that have families are the ones that truly suffer. They are just doing their job, they aren't part of all the stuff people dislike about the TSA or patriot act. It was like when people said to boycott BP gas stations, how is that fair to the worker there trying to make a living to support their family.

Also I think people are too lazy and just don't care til it directly affects them. I am not a fan of flying period, terrified of it but when I went to Europe I kind of had no choice but to fly. If I could have driven I would!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I will never fly again, at least as long as we have GROPE-n-FLY.

However a large part of the airline revenue is from business. At that point you really have zero choice. Fly or lose your job... What about a Job interview. Again refuse to fly and you lose out.

A quick search show the Airline are not suffering at all for GROPE-n-FLY so do not hold your breath. It seems we really are a nation of Sheeple. SIGHHhhhh

Load Factors Sky-High, But Not Revenue
August 17, 2009

Major domestic airlines reported the highest load factors of the year for July, and in the case of Continental Airlines, Southwest Airlines and US Airways, the most full planes in their histories, according to traffic data released this month.....

2009 airline revenue: Worst drop ever
January 20, 2010

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The airline industry suffered its largest drop ever in passenger revenue last year as a weak economy grounded many would-be travelers, an industry group said Wednesday.

The Air Transport Association of America said total passenger revenue for the major U.S. carriers fell 18% in 2009 versus the year before. It was the largest drop on record, exceeding the 14% decline in 2001....

"The global recession, accompanied by high levels of unemployment, hit air travel demand especially hard in 2009," said James May, ATA chief executive and president, in a statement.

But the outlook for the current year is a bit brighter. "Anecdotal evidence suggests a positive revenue trajectory in 2010," May added....

Business travelers bolster outlook for US airlines

...After cutting fares and capacity when business fliers dwindled in the recession, Delta, American and other big carriers are flying fuller planes and charging more for tickets.

“The industry appears to be turning a corner,’’ US Airways Group president Scott Kirby told investors at the conference. “We’ve seen a dramatic recovery in business travel.’’

International flights are leading the boost for Delta, with unit revenue up 50 percent on Asian markets in June and 30 percent on routes across the Atlantic, president Ed Bastian said in New York. American and Continental Airlines Inc. also said business travel was strong in Asia.

.....“The recovery is on,’’ Continental chief executive Jeff Smisek told investors. The airline is benefiting from more corporate fliers and a higher average fare per mile, he said.

Business passengers are prized in the industry because they often fly at the last moment and tend to pay the highest prices. Corporate-travel revenue jumped 50 percent in May from a year earlier at Tempe, Ariz.-based US Airways, Kirby said.

“There haven’t yet been big increases across the industry,’’ Kirby said of airlines’ recent ticket-price moves. “I’m optimistic that, given the strong revenue environment we and others are seeing, that we’ll start getting some traction on pricing.’’....

Airlines Increase Capacity to Meet Demand

Planes are flying full, airline revenues are up, so carriers are adding capacity, according to the OAG Frequency Capacity Trend Statistics. Airlines are adding 17.9 million seats, a 6 percent increase, a percentage point ahead of the 5 percent monthly capacity increase so far this year. The Asia Pacific and Middle East are showing the most growth, Intra European routes are next. China is now the second largest domestic market, second only to the United States. (Source: OAG press release). www.blueribbontravel.com...

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

I know, but my thinking is all public transportation will eventually TSA'd. I'm even thinking check points for people in their own personal cars. I like public transportation and had an incident in Westminster Colorado that really made think.

I was going to the RTD Park and Ride to go to work like every other day. When I got there people were in lines being searched by the TSA. There were 2 uniformed Westminster Police officers near them observing. I went to the bus waiting area and a TSA lady told me I had to get in line and have my Backpack searched. I went in line and then thought. Wait just a minute, this is the USA! I got out of line and started to make my way to the waiting area. A TSA male agent stood in front of me and told me to get back in line. I looked at him directly and said why? He said this was a new policy and that I had to comply or I would be arrested. I said, really? I motioned for the Police to come over. I asked them if I would be arrested for non compliance. One of the officers said no. I asked him if they were there to enforce TSA rules that apply only to airline traffic and he said no. They were only there in case something happened. I looked at the TSA agent and said, I do not give you permission to search me or my personal effects. He stepped aside. Then someone in line said, wait, you mean this is voluntary? The TSA agent said yes it was voluntary. Then since everybody knew this was BS they all stepped out of line. One of the TSA agents said, well I guess this is over.

I looked back and said very loudly that I would be using RTD every day and would let everybody know that it was a voluntary TSA thing. They started to pack up their tables to leave.

On the way to the bus waiting area I had a guy run up to me and thank me. He said it never occurred to him that it was voluntary. Then he told me he was a lawyer.

Point is if we give in we will be restricted by our own omission.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I've skipped out on the last year and a half of seeing my friends and family in another state.

I urge you all to do the same.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessejamesxx
I've skipped out on the last year and a half of seeing my friends and family in another state.

I urge you all to do the same.

I would agree with that statement.
star 4 u

as another poster pointed out, it would hurt airline
employees. But in actuality if the Gov bailed them
out, then they still keep their job.

But one day I do hope the TSA screeners lose their job.
It is the policy that is invasive.

Your papers please ???
sound familiar ???

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

It is not all bad crimvelvet.
think of it this way, sheeple make the world go around.
They can fly, happily, get groped or irradiated.
They come and buy products, until they fall apart like a GM vehicle...and then their kids come.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join