It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents sue makers of alcoholic drink for 15yr old sons death

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Reply to post by mblahnikluver

We have government run booze stores here in the states also. In Virginia all booze stores are state owned. And happen to be called ABC stores, but they are not related to the chain.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I remember when I was a 15 year kid I got picked by the cops for something stupid. My dad was a real pr**k and came to get me at the station. I hated my life,,,and him because of how I was treated at home. My problems originated from child abuse by my (so called father). After he picked me up at the police station he pulled out of the parking lot and punched me in the face. (When we get home boy I'm gonna beat the sh*t outta you) is exactly what he said. My nose was pouring blood from the punch in the car and I knew what was coming when we got home,,,(it had happened before for little or no reason). I tried to jump out of the car while he was driving to avoid the ass beating I was gonna get when we got home. (They were bad often). Dear old (Dad) haaa ,,,grabbed me by my hair and held me all the way home while driving with one hand. (The car door was still open till the first right turn). When we got home I knew I was dead. He stopped the car in the driveway and dragged me into the garage where he commenced to beat sh*it out of me. So 30 minutes later I'm laying on the concrete garage floor in a puddle of my own blood while he sits there with a beer in his hand watches me bleed.

My point is I TRIED to jump out of a moving car because I thought my chances of living were better than going home with him. Maybe this kid was in a similar situation. Who knows?????

By the way ,,,I managed to get out of the house that same night and ran like HELL. I have never seen him since. I am now a proud parent of a wonderful son in college who still lives with me till he finds his way,,,and I love him.

Did the kid feel that jumping out in traffic was a better choice???? Sorry,,, The beatings I took left me paragraphically challenged.
edit on 25-5-2011 by Twisted1 because: (no reason given]

edit on 25-5-2011 by Twisted1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2011 by Twisted1 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I am really sorry this kid died...
Prayers to his family.

I gotta say...

I'm 26 now...

but when I was 15 I got a wild hair
I got so drunk I couldnt sit...
much less stand.
Drunk 2 pints of Wild Turkey
First time drinking...

But even though I was Tee Tolly "obliterated"

I had the good sense not to play in traffic...

...Now my parents... never knew that...
They thought I was in bed at a friends house...
had they caught me...

I would have had my ass beat...

Guess that is why i didnt make a habit of getting too wild...

Even though on that particular night i was a "rebel" lol
and even though I waited until after I talked to my folks at midnight
said goodnight and all that...
before I drunk a drop...

I worried the next day they would find out...
cos I knew... if they noticed the slightest whiff of booze on me...
if for some reason they just knew...

I was in "Hot Water"

Kids are gonna act out and do retarded things...

Its natural...

and while I don't believe in child abuse!

but
"Spare the rod... Spoil the child"

If not for fear of discipline by my parents...
I would have been Hell on Earth as a teenager...

I am so grateful for my parents rules and punishments (which weren't all that bad!)

Cos without the structure of support and guidance of my parents...

I would have prolly ended up like the kid n the article...

that would have sucked...

So thanks Mom and Dad for whipping my ass when I needed

you two always said... "You will thank us later"

I didnt believe you at the time...

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Twisted1

I'm sorry that happened to you...
that totally sucks!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

this is wierd i actually go to westfield high school and live in centreville. i think its crazy that his parents are sueing the makers of fourloko.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
That Four Loko stuff is bad news. As an EMS worker, I work every Friday night and there is not one Friday night that goes by that I don't take some kid in because he drank to many...usually in the order of four of them.

By all means if you want to drink them...and drink them in quantity, expect to see someone like me putting a big tube down your throat and a giant needle in your arm.

I have seen deaths over this stuff, it really is dangerous. It causes heart arrhythmias which can lead to heart attacks and that means I have to shock the bejesus out of you to try and restart your heart.

Really sad, this stuff is bad, bad news.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

I just gotta know - which province sells liquor in gov't stores only?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

these are bad parents.
if they want to charge on those grounds they can also be charged on those grounds.
their neglect lead to their 15 year olds death

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
they are guilty if it is real.child's body is fragiler,parents need to tell their chirld the danger of some commen things but not let them try.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join