It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 year old little girl, talented international artist - The Prodigy of Color

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

Very nice Im glad your boss isnt an automaton like mine lol. yeah as I recall there are 16 I think the pool dogs were by Arthur "someone who's last name I cant recall" :lol

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
kinda dig

edit on 26-5-2011 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by krossfyter

Ask any true artist about any of there pieces and none of them will say "o that? yea i just threw some colors around thats about it" There art express something thats within them, something they're trying to say, it's there truth. This girl is not mature enough to know or understand that

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by krossfyter
true it is a matter of opinion. some of us hold opinions on a higher status on art then some others ... i.e. Matt Gleason, Dave Hicky and Jerry Saltz. All three would tell u that not all abstract art is crap.

whats funny is painted realism is a form of abstraction/step removed.

I have no idea who these people are so your name-dropping is lost on me. And I don't really care what they think about abstract art. They are free to feel however they want about it as you are. If you like it, more power to you. Admire it, buy it, feel smug about your knowledge about it if you must. There are more than enough types and media of art to appeal to all different types of people. In the words of Roddy King..."can't we all just get along"?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by blair56

Ask any true artist about any of there pieces and none of them will say "o that? yea i just threw some colors around thats about it" There art express something thats within them, something they're trying to say, it's there truth. This girl is not mature enough to know or understand that

i agree she isnt old enough to verbalize. andy warhol said he didnt know what was good anymore at one point in his career. but verbalizing doesnt make true art. good art should speak for itself sometimes. not saying this childs art is good in this point.

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.
- Pablo Picasso

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Her artwork looks no different than the many thousands of similar examples in the same style hanging on walls around the world. By nature, this style is going to result in each piece being unique, but that certainly does not make it groundbreaking or noteworthy. I think some of you are giving her far too much credit, it seems really obvious to me that her parents have coached her and she is just going through the motions. There's no artistic contemplation etched on her features while she's working, just that same "this is fun" expression that any kid gets when they're playing with paint, clay, etc. I'm not impressed.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63

Originally posted by krossfyter
true it is a matter of opinion. some of us hold opinions on a higher status on art then some others ... i.e. Matt Gleason, Dave Hicky and Jerry Saltz. All three would tell u that not all abstract art is crap.

whats funny is painted realism is a form of abstraction/step removed.

I have no idea who these people are so your name-dropping is lost on me. And I don't really care what they think about abstract art. They are free to feel however they want about it as you are. If you like it, more power to you. Admire it, buy it, feel smug about your knowledge about it if you must. There are more than enough types and media of art to appeal to all different types of people. In the words of Roddy King..."can't we all just get along"?

within that post holds a point and its being lost. sorry you feel that way. sorry u feel i was being smug by naming things u have no access to. why must it be smug? okay. anyways...u dont have to care about what they think on anything. again i was making a point about opinions. i hold the opinion of a seasoned vetern doctor on an illness over the opinion of a plumber. i was just making a point about abstraction that you dont have to care about either. yes there are all kinds of art to appeal to all kinds of folks thats fairly obvious i agree.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxPUSH0Noo
reply to post by LadySkadi

Wow. I am so impressed that little girl is amazing !! But also the mother of that little girl let that little girl have her space and "make a mess".. I am sure that is how it started out anyways. I know some mothers that don't let their children reach their full potential. When a child grows they want to grow quickly and you need to take advantage of that and let them learn. I know a lot of mothers that would never let their kid spray and squirt paint everywhere and just do whatever they wanted. You never know what your child is capable of.

Exactly. This child has yet to develop fine motor skills, so she has been given the perfect medium to explore and use. The big bottles she can manipulate well. Also, you might get a four year old to stay focused on something this grand for a few minutes, or enough for one painting, but time after time? Painting after painting? No. She is drawn to it..... if I may say, it's more than just an eye, she seems to feel it.

Although sometimes holding the brush awkwardly, some of her strokes indicate she's had some lessons, sure.
But why wouldn't they try to guide her? They can give her the lessons, but it's up to her to do the rest.

I had art lessons too as a child. Unfortunately, no talent. This child does.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Anyone can make abstract art, really........Should I compare her work to the abstract work of an elephant? Emotions and feelings, The only feeling she has is having fun. Like some else stated in the thread, Lets give her a couple of years and see what she has to say about her work.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Serizawa

Anyone can make abstract art, really........Should I compare her work to the abstract work of an elephant? Emotions and feelings, The only feeling she has is having fun. Like some else stated in the thread, Lets give her a couple of years and see what she has to say about her work.

everyone that creates art does make abstract art to a point. can u make a pollock piece? make his "One: Number 31", painted 1950 piece. yes compare her work the the abstract art of the elephant. please be my guest! should be fun. again im not arguing for the case of this childs art ... i can completely understand why you all or anyone would consider it crap. thats not an argument i was holding. but its not surprising given the hostility abstraction has on folks here lol.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
She is obviously quite talented. Her parents recognized that....and..she has a career early in life...she is already earning her own money...some of which will probably go towards her education etc....it seems to me she is having a lot of fun too!

I think a lot of adults may be jealous of her and her talent...

I believe she is on her life path...

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by j3n9ls31dy

Just look at the way she works, she's inspired and creative and making decisions not just throwing paint around. It's funny how everyone thinks there an expert when it comes to visual stuff like painting or sculpture or design

you obviously have no idea what you are looking at or talking about... quite sad really that you would consider yourself capable of critiquing art when you clearly have no idea about it, especially with such venom and obveouse anger.

Are you into pictures of fast cars and naked girls, or are you more of a dragons and Celtic tattoo's kind of person?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I guess you missed the post that had a video showing how the last 4 year old abstract "genius" had her father hovering over her and nagged her over long periods of time to complete her work. Most of the clips I have seen of the child painting have the sound of the video removed and replaced by music. (So you do not know if SHE is being prompted or guided) and they are relatively short instances of painting spliced together.

We dont know if she has intense focus on her own. We have no evidence of that, in any case. But we do know that someone else with a child of the same age who claimed she had intense focus was proven to not be telling the whole truth when the entire painting from start to finish was videotaped. The video of the child in question painting is at the source for this excerpt linked below.

"I saw no evidence that she was a child prodigy in painting. I saw a normal, charming adorable child painting, the way preschool children paint, except that she had a coach that kept her going."

Her coach is her father, Mark, who is often present when Marla paints. He can be heard on the tape, directing her, sometimes sternly:

"Pssst …. Paint the red. Paint the red. You're driving me crazy. Paint the red."

"If you paint, honey, like you were … This is not the way it should be."

Winner suspects that without her father's urging, Marla would not have the focus or desire to stay with one painting as long as she did on the tapes.

"I think she's being urged to continue. Many times she says, 'I'm done,' and there would be silence and she would continue to paint,'" says Winner.

Read more: www.cbsnews.com...

And a video of Aelita at 23 months "painting."

vimeo.com...

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Anyone can drip paint

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by blair56

You're playing with fire with that comment, because the quoted statement is easy to claim, however, then comes the problem of trying to decide whether the artist is truly being profound, or is full of $h!t. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what an artist says about his/her work. Once that signature is signed, the work no longer belongs to its creator, it belongs to the world, having as many interpretations as there are individual beings in the universe.
That being said; consensus will always rule the herd. While a piece may speak to a few, splattered paint is still splattered paint, owing credit to physics and focused chaos, not artistry.
edit on 26-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
double post
edit on 26-5-2011 by Serizawa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

It's the natural talent bit that's getting to us.

Here's your requested elephant art, Imagine if it had access to all the paints she has.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/821977091b29.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/add80f0b9cf1.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cf0c632e95bf.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/20f2e503ae6d.jpg[/atsimg]

These were all done by Elephants, I'll post some videos

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4Starlight2Decay0

Anyone can drip paint

so? who cares.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Serizawa

It's the natural talent bit that's getting to us.

Here's your requested elephant art, Imagine if it had access to all the paints she has.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/821977091b29.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/add80f0b9cf1.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cf0c632e95bf.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/20f2e503ae6d.jpg[/atsimg]

These were all done by Elephants, I'll post some videos

yes ive seen them. i know about these elephant paintings. thnx. i was thinking u were going to compare them though. critique them side by side. i didnt request the photos/images i was just wondering if u were going to compare.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

holly sh!t those are amazing! I had heard of elephants painting but this is unreal!!!!

I really am blown away!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join